PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 747 MFD/PFD/EICAS, etc

Flightsimfan912
03-18-2017, 01:04 AM
Hi Folks, first post on this forum.

I have played FSX for several years hard core. Bought my first controller yoke a couple of years ago and was amazed about how much real you can get in a simulator.

Due to personal stuff, I decided to take a break from flight simulation. FSX is dead now, and I have moved to X-Plane, mainly because the physics simulation is by far and away the best I've ever seen in a simulator.

I am interested in acquiring some 747-400 simulator parts. My goal someday in the future is to make a Boeing 747-400 cockpit. The only only problem is, 747-400 simulator parts are much rarer to find than other jets. I already have an autopilot I want, etc, but what I want to know is, how to get my hands on the Multi/Primary flight Display screen, EICAS, and the radar screen. I know what Multi-Instrument Panel I want, but how does one get their hands on the MFD/PFD/EICAS screens themselves? It would be hard to tell altitude and speed, position on map, engines, etc without these screens. Some of these websites I have already visited, like Flight Deck Solutions, CPFlight, etc.

Any kind of advice available, I would appreciate it. Also if there's a tutorial around that I'm missing I a would appreciate it. Another thing, I am new here so am not sure if I have missed anything on the tutorials(Any DIY tutorials I bet I could do it) section. But any advice would be appreciate it.

Thanks!