PDA

View Full Version : New FCU Build - Question on Software Functions

Buddym
03-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Hi JL,

As always, many, many thanks for your awesome work!! I'm building a new FCU and I have a question, are the push-pull functions of each FCU control utilized in your software? In my original build I only had the encoders with push buttons. I have found an elegant, awesome, simple design to build push-pull encoders, but don't want to bother if he functions are not emulated.

Thanks,
Buddy

spiliot
03-13-2017, 06:23 PM
Hi Buddy, it's quite obvious that any implementation missing push/pull logic for the FCU controls wouldn't be an airbus simulation. Of course they are simulated, you will just need to pass the appropriate press events to the software.

Which is the design you mention?

Buddym
03-13-2017, 06:51 PM
I found a design where the rotary encoder is attached to the end of a small metal frame, and 2 momentary-contact toggle switches are mounted opposing each other. a shaft runs through the frame and has small collars that sandwich the switch handles. The other end of the shaft slips in and out of a small tube, allowing push-pull action of the switches, and rotation of the encoder shaft. The design I saw has several pieces, I have re-deigned it to use 2 pieces from my 3d-printer. If you know of a better design please let me know. I have a laser cutter and a 3d-printer, so I can make almost anything (with lot's of trial and error). Here is a link to the video where I saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmkiEdfpPI

spiliot
03-13-2017, 07:29 PM
Ah yes, I've seen it in the video, it's quite ingenious and seems to be very sturdy despite a bit bulky. If you can built it, go for it, although with the tools you have you can build almost anything else you can come up with.

mikatsan
03-14-2017, 10:52 AM
I guess the way you are going to communicate with Jeehell is via FMGS Config handling encoders as joystick input?

Buddym
03-14-2017, 11:19 AM
To be honest, I only have the FMGS installed and running, have not interfaced with it yet. In my previous build I utilized Leo's boards, IOCards, DIY MJoy cards, and Arduino. I'm unsure what the preferred method of interface is at this point, if any.

mikatsan
03-14-2017, 11:29 AM
I also communicate via Link2fs Multi FSX v6f and offsets using Leo Boards and Arduino for the lights.