PDA

View Full Version : OC PnP EFIS unit disconnects from PC often

dornierRP
01-29-2017, 02:40 AM
Hi everyone,

Any ideas why my OC PnP USB EFIS unit occasionally disconnects from the PC. I have an OC MCP, ATC, EFIS, and Jetmax radio and the only unit that does this is the EFIS panel.

1. This is what I have tried, I have selected high performance for my PC to include disabling USB suspend. Didn't work.
2. Went into device manager in Windows 10 and under all of the USB root hubs I deselected "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power". It didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

George

iwik
01-29-2017, 04:57 AM
George,
Are you using a hub to connect all your modules. If so make sure there is enough
power run all modules.
If not then you may need to get a hub and one with enough power to run all
modules.
Les

dornierRP
01-29-2017, 09:37 PM
Hi Les,

I have everything connected to a Tripp Lite USB 2.0 hub. I have a 5v 2.6 amp adapter, but just replaced it with a Mean Well 3 amp adapter to see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

George

iwik
01-29-2017, 10:20 PM
George,
Here is what i use, has many translators as against the cheaper ones.
Good reliable industrial type. I use two of these as i found the cheaper versions of hubs tendered to hiccup when loaded.
This is what i found to be the fix for my int usb disconnects.
http://www.usbfirewire.com/parts/rr-usb2-hub7.html

Regards
Les

dornierRP
01-29-2017, 11:05 PM
Hi Les,

Looks like I have a similar hub, https://www.tripplite.com/rugged-industrial-usb-2.0-high-speed-hub-15kv-esd-immunity-metal-case-mountable-7-port~U223007IND/

What I like about the one you sent me is that it brings an adapter. I had to supply (no pun intended) the adapter with the tripp lite. Luckily I found a Mean Well 3.0 amp 5v adapter with the correct plug on eBay for $10. I checked with a volt meter and it came with with 5.13v.

Just flew a flight with it and the EFIS unit didn't disconnect. Hopefully it won't disconnect again as I do have 7 items plugged into it.

Thanks,

George

iwik
01-30-2017, 02:48 AM
George,
Hope yours works out as well as mine. My uusb modules started to play up as i
added more modules. I currently run 9 off two of the hubs i showed. Yours are industrial type so should be good.
Regards
Les