PDA

View Full Version : Sismo Ethernet and X-Plane

jedeen
01-15-2017, 07:52 AM
Hello,
I finished programming the Sismo boards for PMDG (MCP + EFIS and MIP) and now I want to program them for X-Plane11.
I prefer to use SC Pascal but if that is not possible then I like to use C/C++ in Visual Studio.
Can you provide me with some sample scripts, for instance, a script to connect to X-Plane ( or XPUIPC) and a script to flip the CAP ND-switch on the MCP and to light up the MA-led.
Just to get a general idea how to code with X-Plane data-refs.

If I have to use Visual Studio:
1. Do you have a connection script for the UDP connection to the Sismo motherboards??
2. How do I compile the code to an usable .exe file for SISMO boards ??

Kind regards,
Jedeen

jedeen
01-21-2017, 10:07 AM
Hello,

I got it running.:D
With a plugin that emulates a IOCP client/server and a config file with all the datarefs, I am now able to reed all those
data coming from Xplane11.:D
The beauty is that it is done in SCPascal.:D
I haven't compile anything......but that's worry for later.

Kind regards
Jedeen

Update: writing to Xplane11 = OK
Compiling for Xplane11 = OK
Switch animating = not OK

Sismo
01-24-2017, 07:43 AM
Hi Jedeen,

Congratulations on the good work!

We hope that the scripts work for you better in the future. At Sismo Soluciones we don't provide the scripts for Xplane, which is the reason I couldn't help you in this respect.

Do let us know if there's anything else we can help you with and if you are satisfied with Sismo products.

Thomas
Sismo Soluciones

jedeen
01-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Thanks Thomas,
I have an other question regarding SC-Pascal and X-Plane.
Writing and reading Data Refs are no problem in SC-Pascal and executing XPlane-Commands with Keyboard-Key's also ar no problems. (SendKey command in SC-Pascal)
But X-Plane has no KeyBoard commands for every XPlane-Command.
Is there a possibility to give a instruction in SC-Pascal to execute for instance this command
"laminar/B738/EFIS_control/capt/push_button/std" It is the STD button on the Efis.
It is a string just like the other commands in X-Plane.

BTW....writing and reading from and to Data Refs is accomplished by gathering all those Refs in a numbered list and then using
that number to writhe to a Date Ref.
For instance:
"sim/cockpit2/autopilot/flight_director_mode" is the Data Ref for the FD-Switch on the MCP.
This ref has the number 3268 in my list.
So, to change the state of the switch I write the next code to X-Plane "WriteIOCP(0, 3268, 1);" to flip the switch in the on state.

It is no problem to put all the commands also in a list and then use a SC-Pascal instruction to execute that command.
I did try it with number 4028 and that moves the flaps 1 notch.......I can't figure out why.
In my list of commands, number 4028 is for the command "sim/autopilot/fdir_toggle". To toggle the FDswitch on or off.

Looking forward to your answer,
Regards
Jedeen

Sismo
01-26-2017, 07:58 AM
Hi Jedeen,

Again we'd like to say that unfortunately we are unaware of any programming peculiarities of X-plane as we do not provide the scripts.

As we lack the technical expertise in this area the only advice I can give you is to verify the command list of X-plane, if it's correct, you could check the functioning of SC-Pascal and that the input and output numbers are correct.

Best regards

Thomas
Sismo Soluciones