PDA

View Full Version : Always a bit too much pitch

michael1508
12-18-2016, 06:26 PM
hi guys,

my A320 always has a pitch of more or less Up 1.0, also in cruise at high speed. So in my front view, I see relatively little landscape, therefore more sky. During approach the pitch increases of course. But I have the feeling, the view is not as it would be in real live - I see the RWY though, but the angle looks unusual...

As I could read here, the pitch value is calculated within the software and there's no function to change it, except with Skalarki or FDS Hardware.

1) so, is this kind of pitch normal?
2) could it be, that I am using a wrong Topcat model, or wrong load balancing?
3) or is it simply a matter of view adjustment???

thanks,
Michael

ToTom
12-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Hi. Regarding PITCH - please check QRH - URELIABLE SPEED INDICATION (for A320 CFM56-5-B4).

The aircraft does not have a "main panel". The horizon is in the middle.
We all usually use projectors. This requires correction - each configuration is different.

michael1508
12-19-2016, 06:00 PM
Hi ToTom, what do you mean with "QRH"?

So is it normal, that during cruise, always a pitch of approx. "Up+0.9" or so is displayed on the corresponding ECAM page?
Using a projector as well. If it's just a hardware display correction, that would be good to know.

ToTom
12-20-2016, 03:33 AM
my A320 always has a pitch of more or less Up 1.0
The pitch of the plane or pitch of the elevator? It's different values!
"Up+0.9" - this is THS position.
QRH - Quick Reference Handbook

michael1508
12-21-2016, 04:16 AM
I refer to the Pitch Trim value on the ECAM F/CTL page. From my understanding this is the plane, right?

spiliot
12-21-2016, 06:58 AM
You seem to be confusing aircraft pitch angle (that you confirm with the attitude indicator) with the horizontal stabilizer deflection, called pitch trim, which is the value shown in the relevant SD page.

To set the aircraft pitch without the use of elevators, the aircraft (under normal conditions) is automatically adjusting the horizontal stabilizer pitch trim.

michael1508
12-25-2016, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the technical help. So, is this value for pitch trim (THS) normal during cruise?

Is there any way to manually change the automated trimming without hardware trim wheels?

Michael

spiliot
12-25-2016, 06:11 PM
THS: Trimmable Horizontal Stabilizer, so yes. IMO the value you see is normal.

You have to manually set the initial THS value before takeoff, according to the aircraft CG. To do that you should map the appropriate keys to control it. The exact value can be calculated from a linear function with 24% being UP1.0 and 33% being DN1.0, you can interpolate the other values (max +/- 2.5) or refer to the Stabilizer Trim Wheel Settings table in the FCOM/Weight&Balance section. But you should never manually change it in flight under almost all normal and abnormal conditions.

michael1508
12-27-2016, 05:03 PM
Ok, will try, when I'm back from vacation.

Isn't Topcat calculating the relevant values? And can you tell, where to set the initial THS Value in the FMGS software?

Thanks again!

michael1508
01-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Hi Folks, still struggling with this. See my view out of the left window:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12057&stc=1
I believe this strong nose up is not normal during cruise. If I understand right, the settings for the pitch trim are responsible for this. Or are the elevators?

These are my Flight Control Settings:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12058&stc=1
Is it normal, that the elevators are not in the middle? Could this be due to wrong joystick calibration? Or can I fix this with the normal FSX viewpoint options??? Questions over questions....

Hope, you can help! It is annoying, that I mostly see blue sky in the front window and very little horizon with a bit more landscape. Especially for landing this is difficult.

Thanks,
Michael

spiliot
01-30-2017, 04:51 PM
You still seem to miss the point here. To check the plane pitch read the attitude indicator. Confirm the cruise pitch to the FCOM. If it still is excessive, provide your load/balance numbers, altitude, speed. What you see outside may or may not be relevant, but you seem like your want to change your outside view pan, so read about how to change it in FS with key strokes or permanently in aircraft.cfg.

michael1508
02-01-2017, 05:07 PM
I don't believe, that outside view pan is the cause for my problem.

What do you mean by
Confirm the cruise pitch to the FCOM? What is the FCOM?

Busdriver65
02-01-2017, 08:47 PM
http://www.avsimrus.com/f/aviation-documents-15/full-a320-fcom-vol-1234-7364.html