PDA

View Full Version : JL FMGS new intercom module

Fritz
11-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Some comprehension questions about the new intercom module. Is it correct that the headset and the microphone have to connect to a sound card
and the volume can be controlled with a potentiometer via interface card like BU0836A?
I have isolated the environment sound and the ATC in my system to hear only the ATC in the headphone.
Can I select the appropriate soundcard in the Intercom module?

Best regards
Fritz

jeehell
11-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Some comprehension questions about the new intercom module. Is it correct that the headset and the microphone have to connect to a sound card

Yes

and the volume can be controlled with a potentiometer via interface card like BU0836A?

Yes

I have isolated the environment sound and the ATC in my system to hear only the ATC in the headphone.
Can I select the appropriate soundcard in the Intercom module?
NOt sure what you mean?

Fritz
11-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the answers.

Here is a pic with the setting I meant.
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11882&stc=1
If I would control the volume with a potentiometer, then the volume is only controlled on the headphones
or also the environment sound?

jeehell
11-12-2016, 04:41 PM
My intercom is not able to interfacewith P3D sounds...
THe only ATC sound you can play must come themselves from a sound card input.
In your case, if you want to play the P3D ATC voice, there is a possibility, which is to use a virtual audio driver, which will create a fake speaker you declare in P3D, and a fake microphone that you'll delcare in the intercom (in the external radio part of the intercom).

JL

OmniAtlas
11-13-2016, 04:23 AM
I haven't had time to look at the intercom in great detail but does anyone know if a hardware intercom system would be compatible, or would there still be a need if all functions can be emulated with software?

For example, volume on the ACP can now be wired and controlled with a pot.

Is sidetone possible, and can other headsets and mics be wired in (would like to start with 2, and expand to 4)?

Regards,

Ben

jeehell
11-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Ben
I dont think an hardware intercom is compatible, as they do all the audio routing internally with analog to analog components, which is good for latency and audio quality, but makes it harder to interface with third party software. Maybe some volume control could be possible, depends how the intercom board is done.

For now there is no sidetone, but I can add it easily if needed... I have no idea if the real one has a sidetone feature or not??
Currently, 3 positions can be used (CPT/FO/jumpseat) as on the real aircraft (there are 3 ACPs only), with the corresponding in/outs (the jumpseat does not have a speaker for instance...). On the real A/C, there can be a fourth station, but I think it is in fact the same wires as the jumpseat, with only an headset, using the same ACP.

JL

OmniAtlas
11-14-2016, 12:58 AM
Thank you for the insight JL.

I have 2 Telex 750 XLR 5 pin which I would like to use with the sim. I will attempt to find a way to interface to a sound card so your software can be used.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11883&stc=1

Regards

Ben

jeehell
11-14-2016, 04:53 AM
I am pretty sure there are hardware interfaces for those from XLR to jack for only a few bucks.

masterp
11-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Hi Ben and JL, when INT is selected, we always hear our voice (sidetone) as confirmed by an A321 pilot.

OmniAtlas
11-15-2016, 05:03 AM
I am pretty sure there are hardware interfaces for those from XLR to jack for only a few bucks.

The ones I have been looking at cost over a hundred dollars! Apparently you can't just wire it into the jack because of impedance. https://www.flightsounds.com/

masterp: thanks for the update and confirmation.

Beret
11-15-2016, 07:58 AM
Hi Jeehell
I tried to config the Intercomm. I have a headset for the CPT-side and I will hear the P3D ATC. So I have create a virtuel cabel for the P3d ATC out. The virtuel output I set as externel radio in. But I can't hear the ATC. What I doing wrong?
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11886&stc=1
Regards Guido

OmniAtlas
11-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Did you adjust the settings on the ACP?

Beret
11-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Yes, I have all turned on and the VHF 1 full open. The VOR 1 and 2 can I hear, but no VHF.

OmniAtlas
11-27-2016, 03:01 AM
I have now ordered the Flight Sound X USB adapter -- https://www.flightsounds.com/fsx

Expensive, but the alternative is to build your own if you have the electronic ability and knowledge.

The USB adapter has its own sound card built in and does not require a battery. I also purchased an adapter to convert the XLR-5 to dual GA plugs -- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252619447381

In the future the simulator should have direct XLR-5 plugs built into the interior liners and we will have to find a way to wire to the Flight Sound X usb adapter.

As Jean Luc has programmed this wonderful intercom program we can make use of the software, and in the near future when we have acquired ACP (audio control panels), wire the pots to directly control volume with the headset.

OmniAtlas
12-02-2016, 02:17 AM
Hello, I am in the planning stages of getting the intercom system setup along with Vatsim (vpilot).

It is to my understanding the Jeehell intercomm modules should be map to the following:

CPT Hand Mike : This is the captain mike which sits on the sidestick console
CPT Headset Mike : This is the headset microphone
CPT Headset phone : This is the headset output (audio) device
CPT Main Speaker: This is the Captain Loudspeaker (see attached diagram)

From what I have been reading from other users your ATC program should utilize another sound card device, or a 'virtual' sound card.

External Radio in: ? map to a mic input which is also used by the ATC program such as vpilot?
External Radio out: ? maps to the speaker output which is used by the ATC program?

From my trials voice can only be heard on the other headsets when the PTT button is pressed (assigned with FMGS_Configure)?

E.g. Captain speaks when pressing down the PTT on the captain sidestick PTT. FO can hear the captain on the headset.

Turning off squelch prevents any audio transmission from the headsets.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11914&stc=1

jeehell
12-02-2016, 08:03 AM
From what I have been reading from other users your ATC program should utilize another sound card device, or a 'virtual' sound card.

External Radio in: ? map to a mic input which is also used by the ATC program such as vpilot?
External Radio out: ? maps to the speaker output which is used by the ATC program?

From my trials voice can only be heard on the other headsets when the PTT button is pressed (assigned with FMGS_Configure)?

If you use another sound card, you in fact must wire (with real jacks) the output from ATC soft to the radio input in the intercom.
It is much more efficient to use a virtual audio device here.

E.g. Captain speaks when pressing down the PTT on the captain sidestick PTT. FO can hear the captain on the headset.

If the ACP RADIO/NEUTRAL/INT toggle is on INT position, then the headset mike is always live on the INT channel, which means the other pilot's ACP should just need to have teh INT reception channel ON.

JL

OmniAtlas
12-03-2016, 06:30 AM
Thanks JL -- I've done some tests --

It seems INT, Neutral, Rad switch does not change any parameters -- the mic still us unable to be heard over the intercom.

However the FO can hear the Captain if the INT switch (below MECH pb) is activated.

Several other (?bugs) I've noticed with the RMP software panels --

If you start the RMP after FMGS loads, they do not work. You must put RMP1 & RMP2 in your starter.ini

The ACP 'about' menu always displays a 'Not Connected to FMGS server' even though it is connected.

I will continue testing.

Regards.

jeehell
12-03-2016, 06:09 PM
It seems INT, Neutral, Rad switch does not change any parameters -- the mic still us unable to be heard over the intercom.

However the FO can hear the Captain if the INT switch (below MECH pb) is activated.

In any case, the reception channel MUST be ON (pot with light ON) to receive any sound on INT channel... The toggle on INT position jsut makes the headset mike (and only the headset one) live on the INT channel.

If you start the RMP after FMGS loads, they do not work. You must put RMP1 & RMP2 in your starter.ini

If you start the applications manually, you must make you use administrator rights.

JL

AUA171
12-05-2016, 08:40 AM
...posting moved to "A320 FMGS B46"

OmniAtlas
12-06-2016, 03:55 AM
Hello, the following is a good (?bad) real life video of the microphones in the INT position. Okay, its also flying into my home city of Sydney so props for that :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-wnH5_kkuU

I've received my Flight Sim X adapter which is true plug and play. Time to figure out how to interface it all together.

https://soarbywire.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/file_000.jpeg

OmniAtlas
12-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Thanks JL -- I think at this stage I will just try and focus on one headset first, and attempting to route vpilot (vatsim) audio through the intercom app.

I am having trouble -- here is my setup

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11940&stc=1

I have set vpilot to output to Line 1 (VIRTUAL AUDIO CABLE). Using the audio repeater, audio is routed to Virtual Cable 2.

For external Radio in I have set it to Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable).

I've set the Captain headset phone to - Headphones (Flight Sound X).

Using the ACP (captain) software panels, I can hear the tone if VOR1 is selected, and even change the volume.

However, whatever I select, I am unable to hear Vatsim audio being routed to VHF1. Is there a crucial step I am missing?

I would appreciate any help if anyone has external radio in working correctly with Intercom.

Thank you,

Ben

In any case, the reception channel MUST be ON (pot with light ON) to receive any sound on INT channel... The toggle on INT position jsut makes the headset mike (and only the headset one) live on the INT channel.

If you start the applications manually, you must make you use administrator rights.

JL

jeehell
12-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Hi

I found a bug on the external radio in, will be corrected in next release.

JL

OmniAtlas
12-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Cheers thanks JL