PDA

View Full Version : ILS speed problem

pablonator3000
10-17-2016, 12:30 PM
Hello
I've got a problem with my Jeehell A319. When i make an ILS landing on speed managed, the Airbus wants to take the speed 0 for the approach. Do you have a solution for this problem?
Best greetings,
Pablo

spiliot
10-19-2016, 06:42 AM
You need to provide more information. How do you setup the aircraft for departure and then for approach? Do you activate the approach phase in the MCDU?

pablonator3000
10-19-2016, 11:41 AM
Thanks for your answer! I make a normal setup for departure but without zfw. I activate the approach modus set the ils frequency and hdg and programm the approach perf sheet with the qnh and wind.

spiliot
10-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Well, if you don't enter your ZFW the aircraft doesn't know your weight on approach (ZFW + current fuel) so it can't calculate Vls which is the base for calculating a suggested Vapp. You also don't get predictions on your way which even though is not quite accurate word has it it will be in the next release :)

But if you still don't want to enter the ZFW for whatever reasons, you can still set the Vapp yourself in the APPR PERF page. The aircraft should follow it irrespectively of ZFW being set.

In fact pilots check and occasionally change Vapp in the same manner (via the APPR page) when conditions require so (winds, runway conditions, equipment failures, etc).

PS. You shouldn't need to set the ILS and course yourself just confirm it is automatically set when approach phase is activated. That is when you setup a known ILS approach to a runway. The way you write it makes me wonder if there are other things you're missing out. Maybe looking at the user documentation and following the flow for the suggested flight will give you some insight into how things should be done.

pablonator3000
10-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Thx for your reply!
I put in the ZFW and ZFWCG. I think it should work now. Thank you very mich for your answer. Do you know a good way to calculate the ZFW and ZFWCG?

spiliot
10-19-2016, 02:36 PM
If you go to INIT B page you'll find a very handy option to get these values from the flight simulator. Doesn't get any easier than that!

Please do read the Jeehell docs, my guess is that you'll find lot's of hidden gems there. And once you can, dive into the FCOM, it will make you fly better and also appreciate the excellent job done with Jeehell.

pablonator3000
10-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Thx for your reply.
I made an ILS landing the speed was now set to 140 knots but when I'm engaging the Autopilot 2 I have to control the thrust manual because it slows down.

TheLever
10-24-2016, 12:14 PM
I think a bunch of us are having the same issue. I always go through full setup of MCDU, weights, CG, ZFW etc, but without fail, when I do the approach, the speed just drops.