PDA

View Full Version : SIOC Locking up

Jerrymc3
09-13-2016, 04:04 PM
A few days ago I started up my cockpit computers, started Prosim737 and SIOC but none of my switches etc were working. I tried reloading my script and SIOC locked up. All my Devices are listed in the Device window. SIOC Monitor and IOCPConsole both will open but nothing works. I tried reloading my script and SIOC locked up. The log window said "RELOADING SIOC". Exit would not work so I had to use the Task Manager to close it. Restarting my computer didn't help. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled SIOC but that didn't work. I uninstalled my AVAST Antivirus thinging maybe it was the culprit. I finally contacted Open Cockpits Support and they said there could be an IP Address conflict with another program. All the information I googled dealt with other computers on the network, not with programs. Other than a complete Windows, etc. reinstall (nightmare) I don't know what to try next. Has anyone else had this happen before?

Jerry

iwik
09-13-2016, 09:06 PM
Jerry,
In sioc you can change the port number used, maybe you could try another number.
Les

anijan
09-14-2016, 03:49 AM
Have you tried to restore your system to an earlier reset point? Because something must have changed since the last time all worked well. Windows update perhaps?

Jan

Jerrymc3
09-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Have you tried to restore your system to an earlier reset point?
Jan

Yes, I restored it to a reset point on 8/27/16 but it didn't help. I tried some random port numbers, didn't work, but how do you find out what ports are actually available. I've googled information on that but found nothing.

Jerry

Jerrymc3
09-17-2016, 12:26 PM
It appears that I fixed my SIOC not working problem. I think it was a hardware issue. The USB connector on one of my Expansion Cards was loose. I wiggled it a little and SIOC started working. Guess I need to replace it. If that wasn't the problem then it was a coincidence and something fixed itself.

I think I may have had a misconception about Prosim. Do I just need to use the definition file for Prosim, change the inputs/outputs and Prosim handles all the calculations? Maybe that's why I'm having some issues. I thought I needed to tell the switches, etc. what to do in my script.

Jerry