PDA

View Full Version : 7 segment decimal point

bindook
02-27-2016, 06:28 AM
Hi ,
i'm trying to hardwire the decimal point , how can I do this using the master card or display card???

Have had a look at a forumn post on opencockpits but it didn't make any sense.

Thanks

Michael

kiek
02-27-2016, 12:38 PM
Connect the DP pin (of the 7-segment digit) -with a wire- to an output of your Master card (without a resistor).

Nico

sstusek
02-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Hello,

Is there a way to dimm dot point together with 7-segment digits? While I dimm digits, dots stay bright!
Thanks.

Simon

John_B
02-28-2016, 01:58 PM
if you can settle a fixed "dimness" simply pop in a resistor !

John

kiek
02-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Hello,

Is there a way to dimm dot point together with 7-segment digits? While I dimm digits, dots stay bright!
Thanks.

Simon
You can do that in software in SIOC, by switching the output that controls the DP on/off frequently. Pulse width modulation as it is called.
Nico

kiek
02-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Hello,

Thanks.

Simon
You can do that in software in SIOC, by switching the output that controls the DP on/off frequently. Pulse width modulation as it is called.
Nico

bindook
02-29-2016, 04:03 AM
got it :D

Thanks

Michael

sstusek
03-01-2016, 09:27 AM
if you can settle a fixed "dimness" simply pop in a resistor !
John

Hi,
John, that is exactly how I solved the dimming problem at the moment but I do not like it that much!
I have read many manuals on how to dimm OC 7 segment displays and dot point but none actually worked for DP?!

Nico

I am interested in Nico's approach. It makes sense to use PWM, I just donīt have the idea how to start programing that in SIOC? Is possible to learn more about PWM in SIOC?

Thank you,
Simon

kiek
03-02-2016, 04:25 AM
Hi Simon,

I am interested in Nico's approach. It makes sense to use PWM, I just donīt have the idea how to start programing that in SIOC? Is possible to learn more about PWM in SIOC?

I have not tested it yet, but basically it goes like this:

Var 0 Value 0
{
&dimcontrol = 0
&dimcontrol = TIMER 1 0 4
// 4 means 40 msec
}

Var 1 name dimvalue value 3 // values between 1 and 4: 1=25%, 2=50%, 3=75%, 4=100%
Var 2 name DPvalue // 0 or 1

Var 10 name dimcontrol Link SUBRUTINE
{
// is called 25 times per second
&DP = &DPvalue
IF &DPvalue == 1
{
IF &dimvalue <= 3 // EDIT changed 4 into 3!
{
IF &dimvalue >= 1
{
&DP = DELAY 0 &dimvalue // determines the width of the pulse (PWM)
}
}
}
}

Var 100 name DP Link IOCARD_OUT Output 78

So there are three dimming levels. We could program more but then the frequency would go below 25Hz and flickering would occur.
After I have tested it, to make sure it works fine, I'll add it to my collection of example SIOC scripts at my Howto SIOC (http://www.lekseecon.nl/howto.html) page.

Nico

sstusek
03-03-2016, 04:28 AM
Hi Nico,

Thank you for this PWM example code, I will try it.
I basically learned to "sioc" on your Howto SIOC page. It was and still is a great help, itīs actually the Rosetta Stone of SIOC :D

Thanks,
Simon

BABA767
05-14-2016, 12:27 PM
Hi Nico,
so if is possible dimming DP of a Display, we can dim any master card output it's right?
I would reply the DIM/BRIGHT function of MCP's korry with just two lighting levels.

regards,
V.

BABA767
05-14-2016, 12:31 PM
Hi Nico,
so if is possible dimming DP of a Display, we can dim any master card output it's right?
I would reply the DIM/BRIGHT function of MCP's korry with just two lighting levels.

regards,
V.

kiek
05-14-2016, 12:36 PM
Hi Valerio,

Hi Nico,

Afirm.
http://www.lekseecon.nl/howto.html#dimdisplaydp

Nico

BABA767
05-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Thaanks!!:wink: