PDA

View Full Version : Trim Wheels - VAS Throttle

luisgordo
12-28-2015, 10:55 PM
Hi Folks,

My setup includes a VAS Throttle - very nice & robust. However, I am not able to get the trim wheels to work in conjunction with the FMGS software. They work well with the Project Magenta software, so I know there is nothing wrong with them.

Anything special I need to do? I have them calibrated within the VAS software, and the thrust levers themselves work well.

Anyone using the same hardware? Any specific advice?

Thanks!

jeehell
01-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi,

I would contact VAS directly they are responsible for the drivers.

Best regards,
JL

luisgordo
01-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Hi,

I contacted them first, naturally, and they said everything is working fine on their end. Actually, the wheels indicate fine on the ground. It is when the aircraft gets airborn that they go full travel one or the other end and stay there for the remainder of the flight.

I have not tried yet the very latest update of the software - did read though that there was some sort of conflict with the trim wheels and some FSUIPC offsets related to something else. Could this be the reason for the problem?

I will try the newest update and report back.

Thanks

jeehell
01-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Hello Luis,

I sincerely have no idea on how the VAD driver works, but I don't think it uses the FSUIPC offset, it is most probably using the API system of "my hadrware Connect" application.
So I would rule off FSUIPC. I guess maybe a calibration issue somewhere?

Regards,
Jean Luc

luisgordo
01-25-2016, 11:31 PM
Hi,

Updated to the latest software, but issue with trim wheels is still there... This one seems hard to tackle...
Will try to rule out calibration, but I doubt this is the case since the trim wheels work and indicate well when on the ground...

Thanks

gurpalsc
01-26-2016, 04:21 AM
Dear luis, is your IOS fully compatible with Jeehell...? your sites talks abt PM, AST etc etc but not about Jeehell.

luisgordo
01-26-2016, 11:21 PM
Hi gurpalsc,

Not yet, but we are incorporating JeeHell functionality... stay tuned!

Regards

gurpalsc
01-27-2016, 04:03 AM
Hi gurpalsc,

Regards
Dear Luis,
Eagerly waiting for the IOS compatible with Jeehell....
once you launch i will be the first one to order it...
regards

jeddmc
01-27-2016, 08:04 AM
Hi gurpalsc,

Regards

looking forward...i already used your IS

luisgordo
02-14-2016, 03:10 PM
As a follow-up from this thread, Instructor StationTM v3.40 has been released, bringing JeeHell support.

Visit our website for further details: www.iStationGordo.com (http://www.istationgordo.com/)

gurpalsc
02-14-2016, 10:20 PM
As a follow-up from this thread, Instructor StationTM v3.40 has been released, bringing JeeHell support.

Visit our website for further details: www.iStationGordo.com (http://www.istationgordo.com/)
Wow. .. luis gordo that's a great news. ..

Migelito
02-17-2016, 12:10 PM
Hi,

Updated to the latest software, but issue with trim wheels is still there... This one seems hard to tackle...
Will try to rule out calibration, but I doubt this is the case since the trim wheels work and indicate well when on the ground...

Thanks

Hyi Luis!

I have the same setup - FSX/JL/VAS. Had the same issue. Unfortunately my trim wheels do not work anymore (VAS issue), otherwise perfect throttles.
Perfect that you implemented Jeehell, thanks.
Which download is correct for Win7: 3.40 or 3.40nv?
Thanks & Greets
Michael

luisgordo
02-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Michael,

Both work for Win7. Try downloading and installing 3.40. The "nv" version stands for "no voice" (speech features are disabled, making it compatible with more systems).
Please PM or email if you have any problem.

Cheers,
Luis

luisgordo
02-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Michael,
Regarding your Trim wheels, is there a mechanical problem? Do they indicate values when moving to the proper position while on the ground?
Mine indicate correctly when on the ground, but travel non-stop (up or down) when airborn... strange. Contacted VAS and seems they do not find anything wrong with the drivers...