PDA

View Full Version : File format PM weather radar (pmwx.dat)

Delphi
11-30-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm in the process to find a way to implement ASN weather radar functionality to PM. Does someone has information regarding the file format of the pmwx.dat (image size, depth, ....). Help would be very appreciated.

Ruediger

Saldo
12-01-2015, 10:16 AM
You might download SA WRX ( see the topic a bit lower in this forum ) and see how it implements weather into the PM ND.
It sents a bitmap to it as far as I know.

Delphi
12-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Thanks, I'm using SA_WRX for many years already. The idea is to migrate to ASN wheather radar to streamline the tools.

Saldo
12-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Then I cannot help you, but I hope that you will succeed.

Ray Proudfoot
12-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Pete Dowson provided a lot of info to Enrico on this well over a year ago. I have asked Enrico on several occasions when he's going to implement it but all I get is "soon".

Maybe others might care to write to PM and ask when it's going to be done. I'm getting fed up with the lack of response from Enrico.

Saldo
12-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Enrico does not answer any more on support requests.
Only on registration emails as he is traveling .

Katy is still there but for Enrico is the programmer.

Ray Proudfoot
12-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Enrico does not answering any more on support requests.
Only on registration emails as he is travelling .

Katy is still there but for Enrico is the programmer.

That sounds like PM is not accepting any support questions. How can that be acceptable when we've paid good money for an expensive product? First the forum was closed, then Tickets don't get responded to and now no email support. That's pretty awful if I'm honest.

Pim van Vrijaldenhoven
12-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Well Guys,

Like many other B737 cockpit builders you should consider to move to ProSim737. It is extremely well supported with an active forum and it supports natively weather radar, even the advanced ASN.

I moved over years ago and never looked back.

Just my €00.2

Best regards,

--pim

Pim van Vrijaldenhoven
12-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Well Guys,

Like many other B737 cockpit builders you should consider to move to ProSim737. It is extremely well supported with an active forum and it supports natively weather radar, even the advanced ASN.

I moved over years ago and never looked back.

Just my €0.02

Best regards,

--pim

Ray Proudfoot
12-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Pim,

I tried it but with my setup at home (no cockpit) I find PM suits me better. Believe me if ProSim737 was fine with my system I'd switch.

PM is okay for me but I'd really like the ASN Wx radar and can't understand why Enrico can't find the time to implement it.

Saldo
12-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Ray, have you tried SA WRX ?
I use it and it really looks nice.

With the Ifly I had ASN on my ND, but it really doesn't look that much better...

Ray Proudfoot
12-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Saldo,

I've been using SA_WXR for years but it doesn't reflect the weather in FSX. It uses another source.

The ASN Wx Radar shows exactly what you see in FSX weather. I don't understand why you feel it's inferior to SA_WXR.

That's why it's so frustrating that Enrico hasn't integrated it.

Saldo
12-06-2015, 04:24 AM
Saldo,

I've been using SA_WXR for years but it doesn't reflect the weather in FSX. It uses another source.

The ASN Wx Radar shows exactly what you see in FSX weather. I don't understand why you feel it's inferior to SA_WXR.

That's why it's so frustrating that Enrico hasn't integrated it.

Hi Ray,
As far as understand it SA WRX reads the weather displayed in Fs and then presents a topdown view.
If I look at the weather radar from ASN indeed it is more advanced but in general it looks like eachother.
Tilt and Gain however do not seem to work on my system.

If a ASN weather plugin would be released I would love to have it.
An extra feature would be displaying the terrain , read in Fs, so no seperate file for little places like PM has..

Regards,
Gerard

Ray Proudfoot
12-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Hi Gerard,

SA_WXR to me shows quite a different view of weather than ASN radar. If there were shower clouds in FSX delivered by ASN then ASN's radar would show them. I don't think SA_WXR would.

The terrain feature would be welcome but I honestly don't think Enrico wants to expand PM otherwise these things would have happened by now.

We, the small user, don't matter that much any more. It's his big customers who matter and they don't ask for these things. :(