What's new:
-Reworked brakes temperatures system
-Corrected sound options not saved
-Corrected HDG mode on ground.
-Added HDG/TRK PRESET feature
-Corrected/enhanced go around FMA modes
-Corrected SD pages not in AUTO mode on startup
-Added "COOL BRKs" option in FSX/P3D addons menu
-Enhanced INIT A MCDU page CRZ FL, CRZ TEMP, TROPO inputs.
-Added CARGO SMOKE on OVHD panel (with correct testing logic)
-Added EVAC on OVHD panel (and the EVAC horn sound)
-Added EMER EXIT LT on OVHD panel
-PFD current Altitude window background is now black (instead of gray)
-FMA shows a + sign in front of VS/FPA and FLX temp value when it is a positive value
-Corrected APU cool doown phase when APU BLEED used.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
11-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Wow -- looks like a big update, downloading now :) Cheers JL.

asessa (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php?u=19170) -- not too sure if I previously mentioned this with you -- my autoland annunciators would also 'blink' ; but that was only because I had the captain side wired up, and not the FO side. I am not too sure if it had anything to do with the logic. When I wired up the FO side, the blinking stopped and it now functions as intended.

asessa
11-23-2015, 10:51 AM
Wow -- looks like a big update, downloading now :) Cheers JL.

asessa (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php?u=19170) -- not too sure if I previously mentioned this with you -- my autoland annunciators would also 'blink' ; but that was only because I had the captain side wired up, and not the FO side. I am not too sure if it had anything to do with the logic. When I wired up the FO side, the blinking stopped and it now functions as intended.

Hi Ben, thanks for your suggest i can try to wired up also the fo annunciator .

Migelito
11-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Hyi JL, hyi all!

Jeehell, thanks for your massive work.
Please be so kind and tell us, is there still a restriction for FSCockpit users? (Thread is closed)

Thanks & Cheers
Mike

Leonidas
11-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks JL for this update, no brakes high temp now...
The "COOL BRKs" option is the same with "BRK FAN" pushbutton on MIP, isn't it? When I press BRK FAN on MIP, it appears on E/WD, but when I choose COOL BRKs option from Addon menu nothing happens.
Regards

Maddin91
11-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Leonidas, the COOL BRKs option will cool down the brakes immediately, while the BRK FAN takes it's time (like in the real aircraft). The COOL BRKs option is for a quick reset in case you want to take off directly after landing or rejected takeoff.

@JeeHell:
Nice update, thank you. Little problem though:
Installed on all machines, everything was fine. Started P3D v2.5. While the splash screen was displayed (before the terrain loading progress bar appeared) the sim closed down without error. Tried couple of times. Nothing.
Copied a backup of the flight model from B43 into the simobjects/airplanes folder, then the sim started normal. Did you change anything in the flight model? Something is weird here...

Leonidas
11-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Leonidas, the COOL BRKs option will cool down the brakes immediately, while the BRK FAN takes it's time (like in the real aircraft). The COOL BRKs option is for a quick reset in case you want to take off directly after landing or rejected takeoff.
Thanks
Where is COOL BRKs in the real aircraft?

jeehell
11-23-2015, 05:12 PM
In the real ACFT it would be the fire brigade, but there is no switch for that one ;-)

JL

jeehell
11-23-2015, 05:13 PM
@Maddin: weird issue with the model, there was no changes there...

OmniAtlas
11-24-2015, 03:09 AM
Hi JL -- would it be possible to move some of these options to an MCDU options menu, or would that be difficult because of the FSX/P3D structure?

Latest beta is working great -- lots of small details. I will report back if I find any major (or minor) bugs.

mikatsan
11-24-2015, 04:05 AM
Hello, i have a problem (from the two previous versions, which is the first a start using Jeehell A320).
When i complete the flight plan, while i fly, sometimes i see the flight path (green line) making some strange path at the arrival procedure. It looks like adding other points, some far away. It looks like a scratch draw. It may correct later and also may appears again.

My folder structure seems to be ok. My terrain (ND) works great and also all the buttons on the EFIS (Airport, Waypoints, etc)

I will provide screenshot later.

Any ideas??

Leonidas
11-24-2015, 07:44 AM
Hello, i have a problem (from the two previous versions, which is the first a start using Jeehell A320).
When i complete the flight plan, while i fly, sometimes i see the flight path (green line) making some strange path at the arrival procedure. It looks like adding other points, some far away. It looks like a scratch draw. It may correct later and also may appears again. My folder structure seems to be ok. My terrain (ND) works great and also all the buttons on the EFIS (Airport, Waypoints, etc)
Any ideas??
This happens to me often, especially when I change plight plan. Usually these strange lines seem to go to ...infinity, disappear by itself while I get closer. If not, I use DIRECT TO button...

mikatsan
11-24-2015, 08:48 AM
This happens to me often, especially when I change plight plan. Usually these strange lines seem to go to ...infinity, disappear by itself while I get closer. If not, I use DIRECT TO button...

Exactly same thing!!!

fagagomez
11-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Hi JL

I have a big problem with triple brake.
I use 4 PC in LAN network, all working good.
Triple brake indicator is in the same PC that FO MCDU.
When I set ON Parking brake, nothing happens with brake's needles. But they are working when I press both brake pedals or separately (right or left).
If I set OFF parking brake , nothing happens with brake's needles and neither either when I press brake pedals.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Fabián Gómez
CHILE

masterp
11-24-2015, 10:23 PM
Thanks alot for your hard work JL :razz:
Do you have any plan to reduce size of the bird FPA and add PBD (Point/Bearing/Distance) function to FMGS ?http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11061&stc=1

steinbach72
11-25-2015, 01:57 AM
Hello Jean Luc,

thank you for the latest version, I had been expected long because of brakes temp problem.
I made several flights with fresh install (on P3D 2.5 latest build) and have to say that nothing changes for me:
During taxi......stable 25°C - braking action does not affect temp. in any way
Airborne.....stable 20°C - whole 20 min. flight
After landing....brakes temp. raises again up to 400°C, with BRAKES LOW, no cooling down 5 min. after landing.

Has it any solution?

Thank you very much

Jiri, Prague

jeehell
11-25-2015, 08:03 AM
Jiri, cooling of brakes takes hours, not 5 minutes...
Try to use A/BRK LO until less than 50 kts, then be really gentle on the pedals.

jeehell
11-25-2015, 08:03 AM
masterp: I suppose you did not try to add PBD points...

Leonidas
11-25-2015, 08:21 AM
The issue using Topcat insists. OUTR TK FUEL XFRD appears on EWD and fuel xfeed from left outer to left inner tank until balance. After that the message remains on EWD!
Regards

steinbach72
11-25-2015, 08:22 AM
Try to use A/BRK LO until less than 50 kts, then be really gentle on the pedals.

Hi Jean Luc,

thank you for quick reply, |I will try it and report.

Jiri

jeehell
11-25-2015, 02:21 PM
Leonidas,

I will not correct anything because of third party addons.
It has been said that its best to load fuel from topcat when APU is not running, as the APU logic is the one foolling around the fuel consumption.

Once the XFR valve is open, it stays open until the next refueling, which in the sim will be after the next engine stop/start cycle.

JL

steinbach72
11-25-2015, 02:29 PM

Hi Jean Luc,

I did 2 landings

1. Exactly by your scenario.....HOT BRAKES AGAIN

2. AB LOW, at 50 knots short press on pedals to deactivate, then stop with reversers only, no manual braking action....HOT BRAKES AGAIN !!!!!

What to do????

Jiri

jeehell
11-25-2015, 02:51 PM
2 solutions:
1. you wait with BRK FANs ON (as in the real acft...)
2. you go in the addon menu in FSX/P3D then click "cool brk".

This is NORMAL to have hot brakes, depending on the landing speed, weight etc...

JL

steinbach72
11-25-2015, 03:30 PM
2 solutions:
1. you wait with BRK FANs ON (as in the real acft...)
2. you go in the addon menu in FSX/P3D then click "cool brk".

This is NORMAL to have hot brakes, depending on the landing speed, weight etc...

JL

I will test it with different weights and speeds. But I never saw hot brakes in any airbus cockpit video. I saw a lot of them.
And is the normal behaviour that before TO temp doesnt change when braking? Even when you do it frequently?

Jiri

jeehell
11-25-2015, 05:17 PM
To avoid too much unjustified heat (its hard in FSX/P3D not too brake too hard and taxi correctly), when speed is slow, the temperatures will not rise unless you really apply brakes for a long time.

JL

steinbach72
11-25-2015, 05:26 PM
To avoid too much unjustified heat (its hard in FSX/P3D not too brake too hard and taxi correctly), when speed is slow, the temperatures will not rise unless you really apply brakes for a long time.

JL
Hi,

yes I understand, it has limitations.
I have one more idea. I am using SimPhysicsP3D, this software works with braking system too, so it could be any interaction in my case. I will try to turn off SimPhysics and will try different weights and speeds.

Thank you for your help and mainly for your huge work.

Jiri

masterp
11-26-2015, 02:58 AM
masterp: I suppose you did not try to add PBD points...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hi JL,
That mean you have already added PBD to version B44, is that correct? I just read the change log on your first post only, I will update from B42 to B44 tonite and try to add some PBD points (Format in MCDU is P/B/D, Right?).
Many thanks for your hard work Bro !!

jeehell
11-26-2015, 03:57 AM
P/B/D have worked for several years now...

mikatsan
11-26-2015, 05:20 AM

When i complete the flight plan, while i fly, sometimes i see the flight path (green line) making some strange path at the arrival procedure. It looks like adding other points, some far away. It looks like a scratch draw. It may correct later and also may appears again.

My folder structure seems to be ok. My terrain (ND) works great and also all the buttons on the EFIS (Airport, Waypoints, etc)

Any ideas??

Hello Jean Luc!

Do you have any idea, suggestion, instruction for that??

Thnx in advance,

Mike

Leonidas
11-26-2015, 07:22 AM
Hi,
yes I understand, it has limitations.
I have one more idea. I am using SimPhysicsP3D, this software works with braking system too, so it could be any interaction in my case. I will try to turn off SimPhysics and will try different weights and speeds.
Thank you for your help and mainly for your huge work.
Jiri

It may brake by itself if not calibrated right. Try to recalibrate your brake pedals. First from Windows Control Panel and then from FMGS_config giving more tolerance (eg. 5%) to the neutral. Notice its behaviour at the taxiing. Speed should be reduced very slowly without thrust.
Regards

masterp
11-26-2015, 10:32 PM
P/B/D have worked for several years now...

Hi JL
Long time ago I tried to create PBD in "Next WPT" and it said not in database then I assume that it not worked :mrgreen:
Last night I insert PBD directly in the F-PLN page and it work OK.
Thanks
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11063&stc=1http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11064&stc=1

GoingForGold
11-27-2015, 04:56 AM
Somehow my joystick partially stopped working... In the configuration everything is fine and I can see the axis moving.
However in the sim not everything works.. all buttons are fine, even the slider used for the speed brakes work. But not the elevator, aileron and rudder axis. I doublechecked I have hydraulic pressure.

Stephan Schwarz
11-27-2015, 07:17 AM
Maybe a double assignment of the axis somewhere in the sim or in FSUIPC?

Leonidas
11-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Leonidas,
I will not correct anything because of third party addons.
It has been said that its best to load fuel from topcat when APU is not running, as the APU logic is the one foolling around the fuel consumption.
JL

JL
I've tried loading fuel without running APU and Ext Power too. So, exactly the same message, but never mind about it, I don't care.
Regards

GoingForGold
11-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Maybe a double assignment of the axis somewhere in the sim or in FSUIPC?

Thanks for the idea..I completely deactivated the joystick in the sim, but I dont think I can completely delete the assignment. I dont use FSUIPC. And it worked until the update..

Fritz
11-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Two small problems with the version B44 so far.
On one of my computers I could not run the Installer .
I received the error message, Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 or higher have to be installed.
I have upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10. Net Framework is already installed.
Have also tried the Repair Tool of Net Framework. The problem remained.
I have installed the required modules on another computer (also Windows 10) then and copied from there.
So I have solved the problem .

In SIOC Creator I have insert the input 34 for the upper position and input 35 the lower position for the EMER EXIT LT.
When I press on Apply Configuration I get the error message

Phase 2
ERROR! - EMEREXITUP -
Line: 211 Var 102, name EMEREXITUP, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 0, Input 34
%FAILED%

I have checked whether the input 34 was already used elsewhere.
This was not the case. No idea why the assignment is not possible.

My first attempts with the new version have shown that the problem with the fuel and TeamViewer
no longer occurs. Thanks for the new version.

Fritz
11-28-2015, 03:43 PM
My first attempts with the new version have shown that the problem with the fuel and TeamViewer
no longer occurs.

Too early happy! The problem with the fuel and TeamViewer persists.

I made a flight with Version B44 today. No other problems. Very stable.

One question. I had not been noticed that the switches of the ACPs could be assigned in the ITT Creator.
For the switch LEDs are no assignments possible in the ITT Creator. Is it planed to provid this in the next release?

jeehell
11-28-2015, 05:02 PM
I forgot to add the LEDs in IIT creator, I'll try to put them in next release.

JL

OmniAtlas
11-28-2015, 08:35 PM
One question. I had not been noticed that the switches of the ACPs could be assigned in the ITT Creator.
For the switch LEDs are no assignments possible in the ITT Creator. Is it planed to provid this in the next release?

It seems the Skalarki ACP is fully knob backlightable with ?functional volume control. Are these features already supported with the Skalarki DLL file and FMGS?

http://www.vier-im-pott.com/images/home/a320_flight_simulator_vier_im_pott.jpg

Thank you.

jeehell
11-29-2015, 06:51 AM
my software provides the SW/LEDs logic, but volume itself will not have much effect unless skalarki could interface that with the sound card or else...

JL

Fritz
11-29-2015, 08:53 AM
I have also reassign the switch for the CARGO SMOKE in ITT Creator.
I tried the Test switch and it should happen
Pressing this button for at least 3 seconds, and until it is released :

Tests the smoke detectors in sequence,
Turns on the red SMOKE lights twice, and displays the ECAM warning,
Turns on the amber DISCH lights.

Nothing happens on my Overhead.

jeehell
11-29-2015, 04:47 PM
What hardware did you use?
What LEDs assignations did you use?

JL

Fritz
11-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Hi JeeHell,

stupid mistake on my part. I have installed an older version and therefore also wrong assignments.
I had no longer remembered. I'm going to modify the LED assignment and replace the Korrys later.

The Korrys are wired to a FDS SYS1X.

Hikmat
12-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Hi JH,

OVRD panel does not respond clicks on client PC(for exp: i can not switch on battery) however i can see ext pwr avail light on the panel when applied from FS

wideFMGS shows connected to the server

thanks in advance

jeehell
12-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi

probably an issue with administrator rights somewhere.

JL

FSlikerX
12-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Hi,

I`m unbale to find an Offset for the EMER EXIT LT so I would like to ask if there is an Offset for this.

FSlikerX
12-06-2015, 02:06 PM
or is there an Offset for the CARGO SMOKE ?

Fritz
12-06-2015, 02:58 PM
In ITT Creator I have assigned the EVAC switch.
When this switch is pressed, EVAC should lights red and a horn sounds.
On my Overhead the switch lights but no horn sounds.

I have also assigned the EMER switch in ITT Creator.
If this switch is pressed, high-low chime should sounds three times, on all of the loudspeakers
and ON light flashes in white and the CALL light flashes in amber.
On my Overhead the switch flashes but no sound is heard.

Both switches are wired to a FDS-SYS1X Board.

I still have the Problem with the EMER EXIT LT switch
When I press on Apply Configuration I get the error message

Phase 2
ERROR! - EMEREXITUP -
Line: 211 Var 102, name EMEREXITUP, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 0, Input 34
%FAILED%

I could not identify the error. Did anyone else have this problem?
The switch is wired to an OC Interface Board.

jeehell
12-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Hi,

I will add some FSUIPC offsets in next release.

The EVAC horn sound is corrected in next release.

I'll add the high-low chimes someday for the emer call, not a big priority.

The EMER EXIT LT switch compilation bug in SIOC Creator is corrected in next version, it will come soon.

JL

GoingForGold
12-07-2015, 10:38 AM
I have a question regarding the PTU sound: As soon as one engine is running, I can hear the PTU sound until the other engine is stable. So the sound is repeated over and over again. I thought that this should only be played once? Or is this intentional?

OmniAtlas
12-07-2015, 09:36 PM
I have a question regarding the PTU sound: As soon as one engine is running, I can hear the PTU sound until the other engine is stable. So the sound is repeated over and over again. I thought that this should only be played once? Or is this intentional?

You can't even hear the PTU in the cockpit (confirmed by Captain Dodiano), so you should disable the PTU sound.

AUA171
12-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Hi,

I will add some FSUIPC offsets in next release.

The EVAC horn sound is corrected in next release.

I'll add the high-low chimes someday for the emer call, not a big priority.

The EMER EXIT LT switch compilation bug in SIOC Creator is corrected in next version, it will come soon.

JL

Hi JL!

In addition to SIOC...

1) IN SIOC Creator, I would like to ask you to correct as well the Device IDX for FO MCDU which will not be remembered.
I checked with an HEX-Editor and it seems the IDX is stored in *.mcdufo but when ever I open the config it shows "0"

2) The "Yellow Elec. HYD Pump" Korry acts like a latching switch even when the "Latching switch" flag is not set. I'm only using push buttons! In the FMGSServer.iocp.ini it is correctly defined.
ovhd_YellowPumpsw=408
ovhd_YellowPumpLatch=0

Thanks alot!
Christian

Leonidas
12-08-2015, 01:41 PM
You can't even hear the PTU in the cockpit (confirmed by Captain Dodiano), so you should disable the PTU sound.

How could I disable it?

Leonidas
12-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Hi JL
I have a problem for long time, not critical but quite annoying: When I start the starter.exe my H/W overhead panels connected to a FDS I/O card doesn't start. I can start EXT PWR from addon menu, the button turns ON, but by pressing it doesn't become AVAIL. APU doesn't work as well.
I should close and restart the starter.exe 3, 4, or sometimes 7-8 times to work properly!
What could I try to troubleshoot this? Does H/W modules LOG help?
Best regards

Stephan Schwarz
12-08-2015, 02:22 PM
How could I disable it?

Quite easy: just rename the file c\A320FMGS\SOUND\Sounds\ptu.wav to ptu.old and thats it!

OmniAtlas
12-08-2015, 11:17 PM
How could I disable it?

Unclick the PTU box in the sound manager options dialogue.

GoingForGold
12-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Another minor problem I have.

Usually, when I get a master warning (the red one), I click it away on the FCU panel. But, sometimes, when I deactive the AP shortly before touchdown, I can't deactivate it. I can click the button/annunciator and it disappears, but the text on the ECAM and the sound continue. So from the touchdown until I shut the plane completely down, I hear the annoying beeping.
Am I doing something wrong?

Fritz
12-09-2015, 04:13 PM
After adjusting my assignment for the the Cargo Smoke Test, it works as it should.
A small thing I have noticed. When the Warning is displayed on the ECAM,
the GWPS and G/S switch lit simultaneously on the Cpt. and FO forward panel.
After a while it disappears.

But this is a very minor bug.

brianwilliamson
12-10-2015, 01:45 AM
I have finally upgraded to V 44.1 after using 38 for some time. Main reason being that I have been busy putting new projectors in which are 1080p. Boy, that makes a difference. Again many thanks to Jean Luc for a great effort for the software. Really great. One problem I noticed with the upgrade is that I cannot get WPT, VORD, NDB, or ARPT to come up on the FCU (CPFlight V 116 ).The CSTR come up ok on the flight plan, and the plan has all the waypoints in ok. Just none of the others. If anyone else sees this perhaps let me know. Cheers, Brian W.

Fritz
12-10-2015, 02:59 AM
After adjusting my assignment for the the Cargo Smoke Test, it works as it should.
A small thing I have noticed. When the Warning is displayed on the ECAM,
the GWPS and G/S switch lit simultaneously on the Cpt. and FO forward panel.
After a while it disappears.

But this is a very minor bug.

I forgot to mention that all affected Switches are connected with FDS SYS Boards.

@Brian: I have also a CPFlight FCU V116. Dont't have this Problem. Can't you activate WPT, VORD, NDB or did you not see it on the ND?
When thesecond is true, then you have to copy the *.bin files to your NAVDATA folder.

OmniAtlas
12-10-2015, 05:16 AM
I would delete all the bin files on all your client and server computers. Regenerate the files by restarting FMGS on the server computer. Then redistribute it on all the client computers. You need to make sure navdata1 and navdata2 have the same files.

Firefly77
12-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Hi together,

i am using B44.1 and the MIP from Skalarki. When I connect to ext. power GPWS - G/S Button on the FO side is showing in red "GPWS". I am not able to switch it off. I'm not 100% sure but I think this must be something with the new version as I can not remember to have this in the previous versions of FMGS ???
A second strange thing is switching the "Terrain on ND" off. Switching it on for the first time works normal but to switch it off i have to press the button on my MIP twice ? and to switch it on again I have to press the button again twice . I haven't changed anything in the Profiler 4.3 settings.

Does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks and best regards

Michael

Busdriver65
12-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Hallo Michael,

habe die gleichen Ergebnisse und arbeite nur mit Offsets

Pim van Vrijaldenhoven
12-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Hallo Jean-Luc,

I just installed AIRAC 1513 and deleted the 1511 *.bin files. I started FMGS and after 15 minutes it has produced no *.bin files - nothing.

Below the log file.

Please take a look at this problem.

Thanks and regards,

--pim

---------------

*20:34:26* Navdata module launched Server
*20:34:26*
*20:34:26* -BGL scan:
*20:34:26* -ScenerycfgPath:C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\scenery.cfg
*20:34:26* -FSroot:P:\P3D\
*20:34:26* -Folders Nb:190
*20:34:57* -FS ILS Nb:6450

brianwilliamson
12-10-2015, 08:03 PM
A big thanks to Fritz and Ben for that information. Something I did not know. All working 100 percent now. Will get some photos done of the new projectors shortly. Just waiting for a battery for the cmos on one of the projector PC's Cheers and thanks, Brian W.

skalarki
12-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Hi Michael

Just wanted to remind, that all help regardig my hardware any customer can get simply by asking myself.
If comes to GPWS button, there is bug inside profile. Go to Edit Pofile and find this button then change assigned functions. Chek switch as well as led's.
Terrain on ND schould be momentary switch. Most likely you have locking one. Please contact me then I will send replacement.

Maddin91
12-11-2015, 10:33 AM
--Pim

I had the same Problem witht the Navigraph Database. Only prodced 5 files (should be 10).
Tried the aerosoft and it worked.

Busdriver65
12-21-2015, 05:40 AM
Hello, when i opening the Doors from the Airbus, can`t i see the Status in the ECAM. Is this a Bug ???

LG Maik

romeow
12-21-2015, 07:00 AM
As far as I know this feature hasn't been programmed yet.
Regards
René

F22Dead
12-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Hello virtual/real pilots,
And to begin of course (even if we keep repeating ourselves), a big thanks for this great software.
I am currently running B44.1, but I use it for already quite some time.
And I have this little problem, that seems to have already been reported one year ago.
I wonder if other people experience a similar trouble with the TRANSPONDER.

The symptom is, after startup, that the XPNDR displays a solid MODE "C".
I am not a real IFR pilot, but I do not think this is normal.
Indeed, in the MCDU you can switch between STBY and "C". But when flying online it is not desirable to start in "C".
Am I missing something or everybody just toggles the XPNDR with the MCDU?

I only have a HW FCU/EFIS and MCDU. I do not know how this would behave with a SIOC XPNDR HW switch.
From the SIOC creator I see the code would generate:
&ATC3POS = &ATCstby or &ATCcon.
Perhaps this would work with SIOC creator.

I am just trying to bind another, non SIOC switch, to the standard IVAP offset 7B91.
With another software, when toggling 7B91, the XPNDR code behaves as expected and the IVAP module reflects this.
But with Jeehell software it just ignores this.
In the "Offsets.pdf" file I do not see any other related function.

Is this working as designed?
Or is it just the way it has been written?
Can't the OFFSET be used in order to control de XPNDR?
Are there any alternatives other than using the MCDU?

I could bind one of those EFIS ADF2 switches to this XPNDR funtion in SIOC creator, but I would really "hate" to do this.
Thanks beforehand for any creative suggestion.
Of course, if Jeehell himself, could come with an alternative, that would be great :-)
Thanks in advance !

jeehell
12-23-2015, 06:24 AM
Hello,

Full integration of the XPDR logic into IVAP/squawkbox is not so simple, as they do not support complex XPDR (with modes A/A+C operations). I will check that, but I thought this should have been working. The MCDU page does not show the current XPDR operation mode, but rather how it is set to work "on the XPDR panel".

Regards,
JL

Gregor
12-23-2015, 06:29 AM
Hello all

I have just made a fresh installation of P3D and A320 FMGS. During the installation of FMGS I got an error that can not be written into prepar3d.cfg.

Is this something I can ignore as everything seems to work or do I have to add something manually to prepar3d.cfg?

Cheers
Greg

jeehell
12-23-2015, 07:09 AM
I do not write anything in Prepar3D.cfg. I only add the aircraft addon by using P3D tools to do that, maybe thats where it creates an error. Just check you have the jeehell A320 model in you aircraft hangar, otherwise you will need to install it manually.

Gregor
12-23-2015, 07:15 AM
Hi JL

Yes the aircraft is in the hangar, so everything is fine.

Many thanks for your support and Merry Christmas!!!

Cheers
Greg

Pim van Vrijaldenhoven
12-23-2015, 07:15 AM
Hallo Jean Luc,

This morning's version produces all 9 *.bin file with Navigraph Airac 1513. Thanks for the fix and a Merry Christmas.

Best regards,

--pim

stefangr
12-23-2015, 04:00 PM
Hi JL,

thanks for changing the MCDU APP page to reflect the TL instead of the TA. However, as it looks, the QNH flashing does not respect any manual entries made in the "TRANS FL" field.

For example: Approaching LSZH with TRANS FL = FL80, the QNH continues flashing during descent between 8000 and 7000 ft while QNH was set to 1030 already. I had the same experience on the flight before to EDDM where I also entered a TRANS FL manually.

Thanks for your help + Merry Xmas :-)
Stefan

F22Dead
12-24-2015, 05:28 AM
Does anyone have a "APFBWcoeff.ini" file with information for an A319.
A3xx is a family of aircraft with the same cockpit systems.
Some values are the same for all, like stated in Jeehell's manual:
"... ils sont donc supposés exacts pour tous les avions de la famille A32X."
But the Flight Profile is something else...

It would be great to be able to fly the PA319.
http://talk.pafs.wf/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=638
A318, A319, A320 FSX models can now be found on AVSIM
"FSX-native models for the Project Airbus A318, A319 and A320"

Reason: A320 carries 180 passengers, A319 130 pax. I never get the A320 full... :-)

jeehell
12-24-2015, 06:34 AM
@Stefan : the TL issue with PFD will be solved in next update, hopefully before 2016, but after Xmas.

@F22dead: please search the forums.... do NOT use any other models that can be found here.

Hikmat
12-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Hi JeeHell,

After updating B44 to B44.2 FMGS server shows some of client PC modules not connected (but those modules run on client PC)
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11105&stc=1

thanks in advance

best regards

Migelito
12-29-2015, 07:52 PM
@Stefan : the TL issue with PFD will be solved in next update, hopefully before 2016, but after Xmas.

@F22dead: please search the forums.... do NOT use any other models that can be found here.

Hyi JL!

When solving the TL issue, could you implement, that on the RW A320 the QNH is also flashing below TL, if the approach phase on the MCDU PERF page has NOT been activated (or has not been activated automatically). It stop flashing after activating the appr phase.
This is a rare situation coming up on short relandings after T/O without descent planning/spd reduction point/ ...
Would be a nice feature if you can add this, if it isn´t too difficult.

Thanks for your very high standard work.

@all: Have a happy healthy new year!

Kind regards
Michael

FlybyWire
12-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Hello JL,
after the update from 44.0 to 44.2 my 5 Clients will not connect to the Server anymore. Hope you can help. In the meantime i make a downgrade to Version 44.0.
Thanks
Joerg

jeehell
12-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Hello,

network wise there was no change between 44.0 and 44.2. I'd check somewhere else first (firewall, antivirus, etc). Then make also double sure that all configurations are set correctly.
Did you change any other piece of software (P3D or else)?

JL

FlybyWire
12-31-2015, 11:45 AM
Hello JL,
now i have make the downgrade to Version 44.0 and all 5 Clients connect again without any further problems. I made a small flight from EDDL to EDDF and all works fine. Before i update to Version 44.2 i have update my P3D to Version 3.1. Hope thats help. Wish you a good start in 2016 and thank you for your excellent work!
Greetings
Joerg

Beaufort
01-01-2016, 06:15 AM
THX JH for fixing the problem with Christoph Paulus' CPDLC - now works fine!

jeehell
01-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Hello JL,
now i have make the downgrade to Version 44.0 and all 5 Clients connect again without any further problems. I made a small flight from EDDL to EDDF and all works fine. Before i update to Version 44.2 i have update my P3D to Version 3.1. Hope thats help. Wish you a good start in 2016 and thank you for your excellent work!
Greetings
Joerg
network wise there was no change between 44.0 and 44.2. I'd check somewhere else first (firewall, antivirus, etc). Then make also double sure that all configurations are set correctly.
Others don't seem to have the issue, so it is most likely a local problem.

Busdriver65
01-01-2016, 05:12 PM
deleted thank you

Hikmat
01-02-2016, 03:44 PM
After cockpit power down , Aircraft lights still are functional, I thinks on battery Lights should be off even light switches are on They are powered by AC (APU gen, ext pwr, eng gen etc)

best regards

Hikmat

AUA171
01-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Hi JL!

I'm trying to find a solution for Rudder Trim Display to display "L" and "R".
I'm using SIOC and I can see in case of "L" you are writing a "1" and in case of "R" you are writing a "8" to the display variable RUDTRIM_DISP4.

I found now a way to convert the OC-DisplayCard 7-Segment outputs to a 14-Segment display (I will use a KCPSC04-105 from Kingbright). In order to achive this I would need a "4" to display a "L" and a "2" to display a "R".

I suspect that you can not change it generally, because maybe others would need these values ( 1 & 8 ), but maybe you can include additional fields in SIOC Creator to be able to define these 2 values as parameters. Or maybe you make the Rudder Trim Display values available as FSUIPC variables, then it would be easy for me to create a simple SIOC code which would fit then for me.

Any suggestions from your side?

Thanks
Christian

jeehell
01-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Hi,

Some people may indeed already use the current values to set up their own displays...
Instead of using an FSUIPC offset or make your own SIOC code, you can already make it yourself by editing what SIOC outputs.
Simply remove the link to a display for the RUDTRIM_DISP4, and add another variable linked to your actual display, which will read the RUDTRIM_DISP4 variable and assign the correct value to the 14 segment.

Regards,
JL

AUA171
01-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Hi!

This was also my first idea, but I do not want to make any changes in your SIOC code generated by SIOC-Creator. I only want to add my own SIOC Code seperately.
Either I need a trigger whenever the value changes between -999999 , 1 and 8 which would call my new variable to write the changed value to my 14-segment display.
Or I need to permanently scan &RUDTRIM_DISP4 within a subroutine which will be called by a timer every e.g. 1/10 second.
I guess the scanning would be the best, I will give it a try in this way and see how it performs.

br
Christian

Fritz
01-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Hello,

On my last 4 ILS approaches I have observed that the speed by managed speed is not sufficiently reduced.
I have activated approach in the MCDU and pushed the APPR Switch on the FCU.
A target speed of about 175 kts is displayed on the PFD. AP1 and AP2 is activated.
The speed is reducing to about 200 kts and I set the flaps to Flaps1 but for Flaps2 I am to fast.
The autothrust accelerates again. When I set the Speed to manuall on the FCU,
a Speed of 204 kts is displayed on the FCU. I adjust the Speed to 145 kts, then the autothrust does not
accelerate again and I am able to set flaps up to Flaps4.
Without manual intervention, the auto thrust is not automatically reduce the speed enough.

This problem I have not had before. Can anyone confirm this?

I use the FCU from CPFlight.

romeow
01-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Hello Fritz,
I've observed more or less the same issue (using still version 39). I've noticed as well that wind speed changes worsen the behaviour of ATHR. Make a test with no weather and probably you will see that ATHR works perfectly.

A kind of workaround: If ever there is windy weather don't use managed speed until you are on the GS.
Regards
René

Fritz
01-06-2016, 05:35 PM
I use FMGS version 44.2. Have upgraded from Prepar3D 2.5 to Prepar3D 3.1 during the holidays.
I've had this in different weather situations. Once at 1 kts crosswind or 4 kts headwind
according to METAR, same behavior. I'll be watching it on.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards Fritz

jeehell
01-06-2016, 06:07 PM
At some weights, the managed speed while in flaps 1 (green S speed displayed on PFD scale about 1.24*stall speed in clean configuration) is at or very near the VFE of flaps 2 (fixed 200kts). This is a known issue on the real A320, the PERF of the aircraft sometimes require selected speed input. Also, in descent, the aircraft will always be hard to decelerate to extend the flaps. Sometimes you NEED to lower the gear (particularly in some ILS with slopes of 4°).

JL

romeow
01-07-2016, 05:25 AM
Hi Jeejell,
your description ist exactly what I experience from time to time but it's only a part of the "problem". An example what I (and probably Fritz) mean: descent, current speed 250, speed set 210 (managed or selected doesn' matter), VS -1400. N1 should be reduced now to idle (the blue indicator arcs of N1 show this input requirement!) but ATHR stays more o less constantly on a power input which is too high so that the aircraft is accelerating in addition to VS . Even increasing VS (e.g. -2000) to force ATHR to cut the power setting doesn't help. ATHR stays unimpressed at a certain N1%. You have to disable ATHR to force the engines to idle.

This behaviour is not reproduceable. As I said before I assume there must be a context with the weather engine(s). On flights with no weather (no ASN and FSUIPC weather settings off) I haven't been confronted with this kind of problem so far.

Regards
René

jeehell
01-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Varying winds do cause this kind of problem, even on the real ATHR...
I really suggest you limit FS/P3D to light or moderate turbulence at maximum. More than that will really cause issues (the turbulence is much too strong in FS).

JL

iperne
01-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Hi JL!

First of all, thanks for your great job. I am old PM and AST user, but I must tell, that your FMGS is more profesional then others.
With last update B44.2 works everything fine, except elevator trim not reset to zero, when AC touch down.
And one question. How to reset Appr phase - back to normal flight speed. In real A320 just input new FL on PERF page and that deactivate appr phase (speed go up to CRZ)?

Best regards
iperne

jeehell
01-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words!

With last update B44.2 works everything fine, except elevator trim not reset to zero, when AC touch down.
And one question. How to reset Appr phase - back to normal flight speed. In real A320 just input new FL on PERF page and that deactivate appr phase (speed go up to CRZ)?

I will try to solve the elevator trim reset soon.
Regarding the APPR PHASE reset to CRZ, I thought this was already implemented, maybe it's not yet released or it is still buggy, I will check that.

Best regards,
JL

romeow
01-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Hi Jeehell,
thank you for your explanations! Be sure that I'm very happy with your software and I'm aware that we all move in a simulated and not real world. There is no problem for me to live with a certain imperfection and compromise! As far as I know that it's not me or my setup which are imperfect everything is fine!

My deep respect for your work!

Best regards
René

OmniAtlas
01-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Hi JL -- any plans to implement 'FIX INFO' (lateral revision at waypoint) into the MCDU so we can fix radials into the MCDU? Thanks.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11110&stc=1

OmniAtlas
01-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Terr on ND assignment -- Hi JL -- did you change the logic assignments for Terr on ND (captain and FO?)

Now I have to double click on the buttons to turn it on or off; it does not toggle on and off as in the previous versions.

I have reset it to 'toggle' in IITCreator but the same problem still arises -- for example --

Press Terr on HD PB -- Terrain turns on

Press Terr on HD PB -- Terrain does not turn off.
Press Terr on HD PB -- Terrain turns off.

jeddmc
01-10-2016, 05:00 AM
update to 44.2 landing inhibit show after take off using instructor station from louis gordo....changed wheater gives error on PF flight plan lines, path not pointing to its waypoint

Fritz
01-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Terr on ND assignment -- Hi JL -- did you change the logic assignments for Terr on ND (captain and FO?) ...

JeeHell has changed the logic, because the Terr on ND switch is a momentary switch.
For me, this works fine. Are you sure that your switch is a momentary switch too?

EdwardInBeijing
01-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Exactly same thing!!!

Strange routing problem... the same as the other.. but I've had it a long time and just put up with it. I wonder if it has anything to do with navdata setup. I'm using aerosoft but can't seem to get the latest actually working.

On that point, I have MCDU's on 1 pc, MIP panels on another, and server on a third machine, Does Navdata need to be on all of them?

I've installed it using the app into both the root directory and the navdata directory on all three machines but no new version shows up in the system.

Additionally, I have another problem the same as @Brianwilliamson, where no navdata is showing when selected from the FCU. Wondering if this is also related to navdata

OmniAtlas
01-10-2016, 05:36 PM
JeeHell has changed the logic, because the Terr on ND switch is a momentary switch.
For me, this works fine. Are you sure that your switch is a momentary switch too?

I do not have enough momentary switches so the terrain on ND has been assigned an on-off switch. Is it possible to choose the previous logic as an option as it now does not work correctly? Thanks.

jeehell
01-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately no, I cannot have split versions for single users. The real logic is using a momentary switch here.

It may be possible to do some little electronic circuit for less than a couple bucks to do "edge detection" on your switch so it will act as momentary (pulse on each press).

masterp
01-11-2016, 12:48 AM
I have no problem with Terr on ND. Use Push event to turn on, Push Event (Release) for turn it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6e2IutAHm4

OmniAtlas
01-11-2016, 05:29 AM
Hi MasterP -- Unfortunately that does not happen with my setup :(

Pim van Vrijaldenhoven
01-11-2016, 06:29 AM
Hi MasterP -- Unfortunately that does not happen with my setup :(

Hallo Ben,

I modified my Skalarki panel with a momentary switch and it works just great.

Best regards,

--pim

filippoporcari
01-11-2016, 09:37 AM
ben and if u use skalarki u can always program the switch to act as pushbutton editing current profile in skalarki profiler
fil

jeehell
01-11-2016, 02:48 PM
He uses FDS...

OmniAtlas
01-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Thank you for the help all - I will be exchanging out my on-off to momentary switches.

navigator88
01-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Hello JL,
I'm really happy of your great software, but unfortunately from a few days I'm having strange behaviour of PFD a few minutes after take off. It freezes for a few seconds not following joystick input and after that it starts banking, making an uncontrollable tonneau ending to crash. Same thing happens with autopilot inserted. Any ideas please. I reinstalled B42.2 software with no success and I was thinking to install an old version to see if I have the same behaviour. To run the software I'm using 3 computers: the server that runs P3D v3.1 with all skalarki hardware connected and joysticks and pedals to usb ports. The second computer with PFDs and NDs and the third computer with EWD, SD and the 2 fmgs. Thanks in advance to anyone can help me.
Kind regards.
Ben

Leonidas
01-17-2016, 04:08 PM
My last clean installation copied cpflightmodule.dll to H/W Modules folder, but not the equivalent cfg file. Could someone copy it here?
Thank you

jeehell
01-17-2016, 07:08 PM
Hi,

I released 44.4 tonight. Not many changes, mainly corrects the GW bug.
Also many stuff happened inside, not visible. The numbering jumped a version, because of a bug found which made me work some more before releasing...

Regards,
JL

jeehell
01-17-2016, 07:09 PM
leonidas, here is the CPFlightModule.ini file:

[FCU]
ComPort=5
CPT_EFIS=yes
FO_EFIS=yes
CPT_WING=yes
FO_WING=yes

anzabon
01-18-2016, 08:34 AM
Salut Jean-Luc,

do you also have a direct download link for 44.4? My sim doesn't have an internet connection at the moment so I'd appreciate a complete installation. If this would be possible, many thanks in advance :)

All the best, Bon

sstusek
01-18-2016, 09:05 AM
do you also have a direct download link for 44.4?
All the best, Bon
Hi, for direct download link check the first page of this tread :).

Hikmat
01-19-2016, 01:55 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnocr0t11njd20e/IOS.exe?dl=0 instructor Station for JeeHell will be available fully functional soon,

and also QTG (quality test guidance for sim certifications ) test will be available

--- edit by jeehell
Please use caution with this software until hikmat clarifies everything. It is NOT my work.

buentead
01-19-2016, 03:53 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnocr0t11njd20e/IOS.exe?dl=0 instructor Station for JeeHell will be available fully functional soon

Hikmat

What is the IOS.EXE for? It asks for Administrator privileges. And I found some hints in the Internet that this executable might be malware. Some more details here:
http://www.auditmypc.com/ios.asp
http://www.threatexpert.com/files/ios.exe.html

Can you explain what this software should tell us? Thanks

Regards
Adrian

jeehell
01-19-2016, 04:18 PM
I have no knowledge about this software. Please do NOT download it until it has been clarified.

Jean Luc

SSO
01-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Hi,

I released 44.4 tonight. Not many changes, mainly corrects the GW bug.
Also many stuff happened inside, not visible. The numbering jumped a version, because of a bug found which made me work some more before releasing...

Regards,
JL
Jean Luc,

All is good...

OmniAtlas
01-19-2016, 09:17 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnocr0t11njd20e/IOS.exe?dl=0 instructor Station for JeeHell will be available fully functional soon,

and also QTG (quality test guidance for sim certifications ) test will be available

--- edit by jeehell
Please use caution with this software until hikmat clarifies everything. It is NOT my work.

Can you provide more information Hikmat? Extremely interested if your software can indeed be used for 'certification'.

Regards.

iwik
01-19-2016, 11:31 PM
Guys,
Scanned this file with online VirusTotal and only 1 out of 54 scored it a possible virus it was "McAfee-GW-Edition" but
other McAfee clear it.
Les

Hikmat
01-20-2016, 12:44 AM
Hikmat

What is the IOS.EXE for? It asks for Administrator privileges. And I found some hints in the Internet that this executable might be malware. Some more details here:
http://www.auditmypc.com/ios.asp
http://www.threatexpert.com/files/ios.exe.html

Can you explain what this software should tell us? Thanks

Regards
Adrian

Dear buentead (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php?u=19931),

Dont worry , it is not malware . IOS means Instructor operation Stations. In our full flight simulator it is called that, IOS will act as instructor station , also will be able to run some quality tests which are necessary for sim certification. It is not fully functional yet , but I decided to share it to get your suggestions . Some screens from the IOS

best regards

Hikmat
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11144&stc=1http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11145&stc=1

Hikmat
01-20-2016, 01:07 AM
Can you provide more information Hikmat? Extremely interested if your software can indeed be used for 'certification'.

Regards.

Dear OmiAtlas,

if you want that your sim to be certificated you must be able to run some quality tests(depending your sim level), for example for the FNPT level 1 your soft have to have latency test results (instruments respond time to a disturbance ) and etc, , now I am trying to integrate this features into IOS , I am engineer at Azerbaijan flight training Centre and We got three full flight simulators (A320, B757/767, and ATR72-500). I do not know how long it will take , but will try to build it as soon as possible

best regards

xplanematt
01-20-2016, 01:57 AM
I just happened across this thread and thought I would throw in some info for anyone worried that this file is a virus.

First, the first link buenthead discovered is definitely and miserably *junk*. There are scads of sites out there that serve no other purpose than to spoof visitors into downloading some worthless pathetic "fixer" software, usually asking for money at some point (but not always....just getting spyware on your PC is worthwhile for many of these sites). Just look at it.....all the information is vague and general. You could insert ANY file into that page and it would fit...which is exactly what they do. I work in IT...these junk sites are set up with "template" pages that simply regenerate to include frequently searched terms.

The second link appears as though it MAY have been generated based on user-provided content, but there's still no way to be sure. Even if it is, there is no other identifying factor to the file aside from its filename. "ios.exe" is such a general term, and keep in mind that Apple's OS is also called "IOS". Chances are, whatever "ios.exe" may (or may not) have been provided to that website is not actually the ios.exe that we are concerned about.

This brings me to another point.......

Any respectable security-oriented website that handles a database of files is going to include the file SIGNATURE...usually an MD5 hash sum. This is a string of letters & numbers that is mathematically derived from the size and contents of the file in question.

Matt

OmniAtlas
01-20-2016, 02:19 AM
Hi Hikmat - that would be excellent if we can compare values based on a real life A320 sim (which must be derived from real world values).

I will ill take a look at your software and provide feedback in your other thread.

Hikmat
01-20-2016, 02:30 AM
Hi Hikmat - that would be excellent if we can compare values based on a real life A320 sim (which must be derived from real world values).

I will ill take a look at your software and provide feedback in your other thread.

Dear OmniAtlas,

thanks for your support, but unfortunately those features not implemented yet, still under development

I will implement it asap

best regards

hikmat

asessa
01-20-2016, 04:49 PM
B44.2 all CockpitSonic devices are shutted down (FCU,ECAM and RMP) :(

edit
nope, it works...forget this post! :D

asessa
01-21-2016, 05:49 AM
B44.2 all CockpitSonic devices are shutted down (FCU,ECAM and RMP) :(

edit
nope, it works...forget this post! :D

Hi JL and all simmers, yesterday i finally flyed with a double pc configuration.
On second pc (client) i had only stby instruments and EWD ad SD.
All is ok but my ECAM CockpitSonic panel was off and it didn't have iteration with software.
All others Cockpitsonic panels worked well.

Do you have any idea?

jeehell
01-21-2016, 09:43 AM
What is the distribution if software and hardware over your computers?

asessa
01-21-2016, 10:32 AM
What is the distribution if software and hardware over your computers?

All hw plugged on Server PC :
CockpitSonic FCU,RMP and ECAM
Skalarki MCDU
2 Saitek Throttles
1 Saitek Rudder
1 Trustmaster Hotas X

On the Server PC i had :
FGMS Server
WideFGMS Server
PFD, ND, OVH, MCDU CPT
Cockpitsonic, FSUIPC, Skalarki modules
EHID Drivers

On Client pc i had
EW/D, SD, Stby Instruments

How is the best scenario for you ?

jeehell
01-22-2016, 06:41 PM
The distribution looks good. There is no reason the ECAM worked before and not anymore after networking, since it is all still plugged on the server.
The ecam application on the network is only a display, the hardware input is treated on the server computer no matter what (even when hardware is plugged in remote computer: the actions are sent to the server, treated, and the EIS then show what is required).

JL

Leonidas
01-23-2016, 09:29 AM
Hi to all
Has anyone tried if there is an export format from PFPX that is compatible to JeeHell FMGS?
Regards

Hikmat
01-28-2016, 03:48 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wo84zeducp28d6/IOS.7z?dl=0

Added some functions such as re-positions to the 3 and the 7 mile.s All airports are available

and ground acceleration test has been added (After full power select run test button) will be added comparison data also

best regards

Hikmat

gurpalsc
01-29-2016, 08:55 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wo84zeducp28d6/IOS.7z?dl=0

Added some functions such as re-positions to the 3 and the 7 mile.s All airports are available

and ground acceleration test has been added (After full power select run test button) will be added comparison data also

best regards

Hikmat

dear hikmat,
i tried your software. and gace me an error.. lon 18.0090 etc not a valid floating point value.
i was in air when i run this software. or is there anything i missed to properly run this software?

Hikmat
01-29-2016, 09:26 AM
dear hikmat,
i tried your software. and gace me an error.. lon 18.0090 etc not a valid floating point value.
i was in air when i run this software. or is there anything i missed to properly run this software?

Dear gurpalsc,

Make sure you have registered FSUIPC and r5, r4 are in same folder with the IOS. before reposition selecet an airport. Only Teke off 3ml and 7m repositions available

best regards

Hikmat

gurpalsc
01-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Dear gurpalsc,

Make sure you have registered FSUIPC and r5, r4 are in same folder with the IOS. before reposition selecet an airport. Only Teke off 3ml and 7m repositions available

best regards

Hikmat

Dear Hikmat,
thanks... now it worked for the said dist. i.e., 7nm and 3 nm finals..
its indeed a nice software. hope to see more functions in it in future.
regards

GoingForGold
01-31-2016, 08:33 AM
Could someone please tell me what already works concerning programmed restrictions in the MCDU?

Since the aircraft pretty much ignores everything, I wondered wheter I make mistakes or if its not implemented yet.

Thanks! :)

masterp
02-01-2016, 02:47 AM
Hi JL,
Do you think the line between Inner and outer tank is not at correct location? Thanks.
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11193&stc=1

Leonidas
02-01-2016, 03:58 AM
Hi JL,
Do you think the line between Inner and outer tank is not at correct location? Thanks.

I think this happens when green MSG "OUTER TNK FUEL XFEED" appears on upper ECAM (E/WD)

romeow
02-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Could someone please tell me what already works concerning programmed restrictions in the MCDU?

Since the aircraft pretty much ignores everything, I wondered wheter I make mistakes or if its not implemented yet.

Thanks! :)
Speed restrictions are implented, ALT haven't been yet. In fact you can enter ALT restrictions in the Flight Plan and they are even displayed on ND (when CSTR is pressed) but this entry has no effect on the vertical profile of your FP.

Regards

Hikmat
02-05-2016, 04:59 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6lyheb6xh2jmlx/IOS_updated.zip?dl=0

Dear Simmers,

I added some functions to the Instructor Operating Station

so updates are

1. Added landing gear malfunctions,

2. Added engine fire, flameout malfunctions

3. Some internal bugs,

note: Only 3 miles, 7 miles, 12 miles repositions are available. r5 file shoul be in the same folder

with IOS.

Best regards

Hikmat

gurpalsc
02-05-2016, 11:19 PM

Dear Simmers,

so updates are

3. Some internal bugs,

note: Only 3 miles, 7 miles, 12 miles repositions are available. r5 file shoul be in the same folder

with IOS.

Best regards

Hikmat
dear hikmat,
thank you...
i am going to try it out.
regards

FSlikerX
02-06-2016, 06:04 AM

Dear Simmers,

so updates are

3. Some internal bugs,

with IOS.

Best regards

Hikmat
Dear Hikmat,

Thank you alot for taht awesome programm but I get the following error again and again on all Airports over the world:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11202&stc=1
Do you have any ideas waht could cause that error?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
FSlikerX

gurpalsc
02-06-2016, 06:09 AM
Dear FslikersX,
hope you arent clicking on anything other than 12nm 7 nm and 3nm final.

Hikmat
02-06-2016, 06:13 AM
Dear Hikmat,

Thank you alot for taht awesome programm but I get the following error again and again on all Airports over the world:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11202&stc=1
Do you have any ideas waht could cause that error?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
FSlikerX

Dear FSlikerX,
Thanks you too,

It looks like you clicked icon which is not implemented yet (for exmp: TAXI, 2000ft 12nm, 2nm left etc) . Please note that only Take off, 3 miles, 7 miles and 12 miles repositioning are functional . I will try to and more functions

best regards

Hikmat

FSlikerX
02-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Dear FSlikerX,
Thanks you too,

It looks like you clicked icon which is not implemented yet (for exmp: TAXI, 2000ft 12nm, 2nm left etc) . Please note that only Take off, 3 miles, 7 miles and 12 miles repositioning are functional . I will try to and more functions

best regards

Hikmat
Thanks for you fast answer.
Ofcause... On the picture I tryed to clicked on takeoff.
Any other factors that could cause that?

gurpalsc
02-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Dear fslikerx.
if you click on anything except 12nm 7nm or 3nm you will get error. I tried the malfunctions. . Engine fail was good. Got an ecam.But engine fire didn't triggered MW nor ecam. I came to know when i saw an outside view.

Hikmat
02-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Thanks for you fast answer.
Ofcause... On the picture I tryed to clicked on takeoff.
Any other factors that could cause that?

Are you sure that OPPOSITE TAKEOFF not clicked instead of TAKE OFF?

FSlikerX
02-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Are you sure that OPPOSITE TAKEOFF not clicked instead of TAKE OFF?
Yes sure.
Is ther a max range for the `teleportation` function?

Hikmat
02-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Yes sure.
Is ther a max range for the `teleportation` function?

There is not a max range for it, what about FiNAL 3nm and others?

jeehell
02-07-2016, 06:01 AM
could you continue talks on that software in another thread please? This is not an official addon to my software so it's misleading in the main FMGS thread...

Hikmat
02-07-2016, 06:20 AM
could you continue talks on that software in another thread please? This is not an official addon to my software so it's misleading in the main FMGS thread...

Hi JH,

It is my fault sorry for that,

I will remove it from this thread

best regards

Hikmat

Hikmat
02-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Dear Simmers

Any question related with the IOS we can discuss in the: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30285

best regards

Hikmat

Maddin91
02-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Hi all,

is there a way of disabling the Updater when starter.exe is launched?
I want to check for updates myself by running the updater.exe and not on every FMGS start. :P

asessa
02-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Hi all,

is there a way of disabling the Updater when starter.exe is launched?
I want to check for updates myself by running the updater.exe and not on every FMGS start. :P

Open starter.ini located in main directory of FGMS suite.
Change Autoupdater=yes to Autoupdater=no
;)

Insert it if not exists

filippoporcari
02-10-2016, 11:39 AM
antonio NOT autosave.....u have to add the line
Updater=no
...autosave is a different function :)
regards
fil

asessa
02-10-2016, 11:47 AM
antonio NOT autosave.....u have to add the line
Updater=no
...autosave is a different function :)
regards
fil

ops....you're right! sorry :D

Busdriver65
02-10-2016, 12:35 PM
in the starter.ini

AutoUpdater=no

Maddin91
02-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Thanks, guys :)

Leonidas
02-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Hi guys
Can you complete all lines in MCDU INIT page 2 manually? With import key some lines are incomplete...

Maddin91
02-11-2016, 08:15 PM
No there are some lines you can't edit.
But for me the import works. Be sure to do MCDU initialization in following order:
INIT A, F-PLN, RAD/NAV, INIT B, PERF
Reason for that: To calculate Alternate Fuel, Extra Fuel and so on the MCDU needs to know the route first. When filling INIT B without doing F-PLN first, it can't calculate extra fuel etc..
Regards

startrail
02-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Hi JH

have done a clean install of B44.4 once I start the program P3D v3 freezes completely. If I close B44.4 P3D v3 returns to normal.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

jeehell
02-14-2016, 02:39 PM
I have strictly no idea. I run 3.1 without any issue...

JL

steinbach72
02-16-2016, 02:54 AM
Hi all,

I have very simlar kind of problem, my P3D v3.1 freezes after position change or opening anything in P3D menu.
Closing of FMGS starter or server helps immediatelly.
I have no solution at the time.

Jiri, Prague

asessa
02-16-2016, 04:29 AM
Did you install last fsuipc ?

OmniAtlas
02-16-2016, 06:04 AM
FDS MCDU screen dimming works now -- did you do or change something JL?? Thank you!

steinbach72
02-16-2016, 06:52 AM
Did you install last fsuipc ?

Yes, sure. J.

Fritz
02-16-2016, 03:07 PM
I have upgraded from version 44.2 to 44.4 today. My ACC Press gauge stops working.
In the IPC console offset 73A7 delivers no value anymore. Is there something changed?

In the overhead the LED for Cargo Smoke FWD "DISCH" is permanently illuminated.
Even three LEDs, which I have assigned to MISC6 light continuously.
The LEDs are connected to a FDS-Sys 3 Board.

I'm going to start IIT Creator and save again.
Let's see if this helps.

Fritz
02-17-2016, 11:46 AM
After I generated a new IIT.dnt with IITcreator the error with the permanent illuminating leds is corrected.
The problem with the offset 73A7 still remains.

Is the function already implemented that the trim wheels returns to 0 when landing?
I use the TL from Skalarki. With this it is not yet functioning.

filippoporcari
02-17-2016, 11:57 AM
the trim resetting to 0 was implemented since some time ago then it stopped resetting...jl is aware of this.
i'm also using skalarki hw but the problem is not the hw: if u look the fctl page the trim does not reset in fmgs.
fil

Miatanet
02-17-2016, 02:43 PM
After I generated a new IIT.dnt with IITcreator the error with the permanent illuminating leds is corrected.
The problem with the offset 73A7 still remains.

Is the function already implemented that the trim wheels returns to 0 when landing?
I use the TL from Skalarki. With this it is not yet functioning.

EDIT:
Now I see that you just have that issue after landing, right?

Hi Fritz
I am using Skalarki TQ too, and it works without any problems. Did you calibrate the trim wheels in IO Profiler?

BR
Stefan

filippoporcari
02-17-2016, 06:21 PM
stefan,
we're talking about the trim resetting to zero RIGHT AFTER TOUCHDOWN.
it was correctly functioning before...not now: if u check the flight controls page on the system display the trim stays at the value used at touchdown and pf course skalarki hardware remains there and is not resetting.
how can your tq reset the trim to zero if the input is not given by fmgs?
regards
fil

Miatanet
02-18-2016, 01:43 AM
Hi JL
after a clean install I am missing the starterfsx.exe and I guess that is why my parking brake is doing strange things (Skalarki HW).

Thank you for a short feedback.

BR
Stefan

jeehell
02-18-2016, 05:50 AM
Hi

Since some versions now startedFSX disappeared since FS9 is no longer supported, only FDSX or P3D which use the same sim link (simconnect). You issues with park brake are not related to that....

JL

OmniAtlas
02-19-2016, 07:54 AM
Hello, I've received my new FDS momentary switches for the GPWS / G/S -- the switch is now wired up.

I notice on startup the GPWS LED remains turned on for several seconds.

Is this normal behaviour in the real aircraft?

OmniAtlas
02-20-2016, 11:49 PM
Flying with approach mode activated, then -> direct to waypoint

approach mode is deactivated, and speed restrictions reset to waypoint calculated on descent.

Should approach mode mode remain activated?

jeehell
02-21-2016, 02:46 PM
HI

When you do the EGPWS tests, yes the LED will lit up for several seconds.
As for the APPR mode, you are talking abuot the FMGS one (not the FCU APPR bitton)?
It probably depends on which point the DIR TO is done? is it part of the APPR procedure?

JL

OmniAtlas
02-21-2016, 09:45 PM
Hello JL,the red GPWS light is turned on when power is applied to the aircraft and ILS on the overhead is not aligned.

When you you align ILS on the mcdu, the light extinguishes.

I will ill have to double check, but how does the aircraft know the way point is part of the approach procedure? Does it have to be part of a STAR?

thanks.

masterp
02-21-2016, 11:09 PM
I was making some traffic pattern and randomly the aircraft callous "Don't Sink, Don't Sink..." Anyone has the same problem ?
Thanks

filippoporcari
02-22-2016, 03:19 AM
hi masterp, when flying circuits at an altitude below 3000 ft u have to switch off TERR on the overhead egpws section. the egpws logic of the 320 is pretty complex, jl explained it some time ago here, so if u climb at an altitude lower that 3000ft u have to switch off TERR if u don't want the callouts.
fil

masterp
02-22-2016, 03:54 AM
Oh Thanks filippoporcari (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php?u=15574) , my bad! I have not found before ask :mrgreen:

masterp
02-25-2016, 11:34 PM
Hi JL and all,
I am still with B44.0 and found that Direct ABEAM point is no longer working as previous version.
Anyone have the same problem?
Thanks

masterp
02-26-2016, 12:03 AM
Hi JL,

Please correct me if I am wrong...Do we have LED offset for DECEL at Low, Mid, High autobrake button?
In the FSUIPC offset table, I see only 1 item, and I am not sure the DECEL green light will be on at which button?
Thanks
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11256&stc=1

jeehell
02-26-2016, 08:17 AM
There is only one offset because with a little logic you can easily determine which button should have the DECEL light ON.

filippoporcari
02-26-2016, 08:58 AM
masterp about dir to with abeam points: this has been reported by me in the bug tracker in november.
regards
fil

OmniAtlas
03-01-2016, 03:17 AM
Anyone have any problems with CAT III autoland? When I attempted a Sydney YSSY 16R land it didn't touch the ground but just hovered before auto disconnecting A/P.

jeehell
03-01-2016, 09:17 AM
AUtoland will be fixed in next release.

JL

masterp
03-01-2016, 10:21 PM
There is only one offset because with a little logic you can easily determine which button should have the DECEL light ON.

Hi JL,
I was thinking about that but my bad, I still not yet understand how to get DECEL green light ON at the correct AutoBrake button.
I am using Arduino and mobiflight to control LEDs, each LED comes to a separate Pin. Could you please explain more detail about the logic you have mentioned ?
Thanks alot.

jeehell
03-02-2016, 05:10 AM
in pseudo code:
IF (DECEL = ON)AND(ABRK_LO = ON) THEN DECEL_LO_LED=ON ELSE DECEL_LO_LED=OFF
IF (DECEL = ON)AND(ABRK_MED = ON) THEN DECEL_LO_LED=ON ELSE DECEL_MED_LED=OFF
IF (DECEL = ON)AND(ABRK_HI = ON) THEN DECEL_LO_LED=ON ELSE DECEL_HI_LED=OFF

OmniAtlas
03-02-2016, 06:21 PM
For several flights now the aircraft does not slow to approach speed when landing even though it has been initialised the the aircraft is in the correct flaps position - the speed does not drop in managed mode and I have to slow it down in Operator mode!

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

filippoporcari
03-02-2016, 06:38 PM
never experienced this ben.
looks like approach phase was activated.
fil

OmniAtlas
03-03-2016, 02:17 AM
I will keep on testing. It has happened between LOWI to LOWW and YSSY to YMML now.

romeow
03-03-2016, 04:37 AM
For several flights now the aircraft does not slow to approach speed when landing even though it has been initialised the the aircraft is in the correct flaps position - the speed does not drop in managed mode and I have to slow it down in Operator mode!

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

Same issue here! Not regularly but often. No idea why.
And sometimes the "opposite": in ATHR mode engines don't spool up after the actual speed is going below the speed set in FCU.
Regards,René

filippoporcari
03-03-2016, 08:44 AM
renč and ben...this really sounds like a local issue: flown hundreds of hours with jl suite and never experienced this....are you sure correct modes are active in fmgs? what does the FMA shows in the first column when u experience this?
regards
fil

OmniAtlas
03-04-2016, 03:16 AM
Hi Fil -- I am not too sure why this is happening.

The aircraft is configured correctly, the weights prior to take off have been calculated with PFPX and loaded with TOPCAT.
The aircraft is in managed mode, and approach mode has been activated, as confirmed in the MCDU.

I will try and fly the same route and see if it happens again. Perhaps a strange bug.

filippoporcari
03-04-2016, 03:38 AM
ben, assuming that the aircraft is correctly programmed with consistant data for the approach...
...u should consider some aerodinamics: 320 is well known as other aicraft (applies also to 737) to be not as good is descending and slowing down.
when planning the descent and approach crews add some 10nm to decelerate to green dot...then consider the slope of the final descent to decide how and when to configure. just an example: if u capture a "steep glide" (maybe 3.5°) with the aircraft clean at green dot speed then select flaps 1 u could not be able to decelerate to placard speed to select flaps 2...only way is inducing more drag lowering the gear.
this applies to many aircraft...and is part of the pilot job to anticipate it.
this is the only thing coming in my mind about this...assuming the aircraft is properly programmed.
regards
fil

masterp
03-04-2016, 03:49 AM
Also tailwind could make your aircraft hard for decelerate.
so lets say if you have 5knots tailwind, so better to add more additional 5nm gap to decelerate, and extend the config 5nm earlier than normal.; or even lower the gear as fil mentioned. So it is pilot job :)

masterp
03-04-2016, 03:52 AM
Has anyone experienced Windshear alert with FMGS?
I only have the warning from Active Sky Next, but not from FMGS.
Red text "WINDSHEAR" on PFD only shown up when we slew the aircraft.

I hope JL can confirm "Windshear" is simulated with FMGS or not ?
Thanks

OmniAtlas
03-04-2016, 04:55 AM
Hi Fil -- I think the only difference i made in the flight plan was changing the Cost Index...instead of using 30 like I usually do, I selected 80 or 100. Could that make a significant difference?

Please try on your end if you have time, thanks.

MasterP -- windshear is simulated.

SSO
03-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Anyone else having problems with increasing brake temperatures after landing and rollout in the latest build?
Seen even with autobrake LOW.

/Stephen

filippoporcari
03-06-2016, 11:44 AM
@ben: the cost index has nothing to do with that....CI plays a role in the speed fmgs uses in climb and cruise. as i reported never experience this and i cannot reproduce it.
@SSO: the brake temperature increasing after landing during rollout and taxi seems fully correct now....even using autobrakes at low it's fully correct to have brake temperature rising to some 300°!
in the past this was not simulated at all and it was not correct.
all the real 320 pilots flying my sim found consistent the brake temperatures displayed on SD.

fil

SSO
03-06-2016, 12:02 PM
@SSO: the brake temperature increasing after landing during rollout and taxi seems fully correct now....even using autobrakes at low it's fully correct to have brake temperature rising to some 300°!
in the past this was not simulated at all and it was not correct.
all the real 320 pilots flying my sim found consistent the brake temperatures displayed on SD.

fil
Ok - I see it continuing to rise past 450 deg if I do nothing...

filippoporcari
03-06-2016, 12:30 PM
as it is simulated now it implies the pilot makes the right decisions (autobrake setting according to rwy lenght, autobrake use time, manual braking, reversers use) as real pilots are supposed to....according to next flight delay time and so on.
if u just set autobrakes and let autobrakes do their action until the aircraft comes to a full stop it's pretty normal to have temperatures rising to 400° or above.
regards
fil

SSO
03-06-2016, 12:39 PM
as it is simulated now it implies the pilot makes the right decisions (autobrake setting according to rwy lenght, autobrake use time, manual braking, reversers use) as real pilots are supposed to....according to next flight delay time and so on.
if u just set autobrakes and let autobrakes do their action until the aircraft comes to a full stop it's pretty normal to have temperatures rising to 400° or above.
regards
fil
Interesting. However I cant see how they can continue to rise during taxi in and when parked at the gate which is what happens / unless something is on fire :-)

ToTom
03-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Regarding brakes:
http://code7700.com/pdfs/carbon_brakes_airbus.pdf
http://oaviao.com/pesquisa_codigo_empresas/manuais_voo/performance_airbus/high_brakes.html

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11285&stc=1

filippoporcari
03-06-2016, 01:59 PM
SSO the maximum brake temperature is not reached AT touchdown but during rollout and taxi in...this applies to every aircraft its due to the carbon material used in brakes components which keep heating up after the huge friction applied in the braking actions.
just an example of operational: some old school captains preferred an hard and short braking action right after touchdown and use the rollout as a sort of braking cooling action due to the air passing thru the brakes' elements.
regards
fil

OmniAtlas
03-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Hi Fil, I've retried the same flight to LOWW and the aircraft again did not slow to approach speech. This time even when operator mode was selected to slow down the speed the aircraft did not respond! I had to take control of the throttle and disconnect A/P but it was too late; ended up overshooting the RW :-/

Here are some shots of my setup -- can someone also try the scenario and report back? I was landing on RW34. Thanks.

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11287&stc=1http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11286&stc=1http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11288&stc=1

filippoporcari
03-07-2016, 09:52 AM
miguel as far as i see u're still in clean configuration....that's not correct...as i reported it's aerodinamics....if u look at any fcom (even other aircrafts) u should extend some slats/flaps BEFORE catching the glide.
otherwise only way to add some drag is deploying the gear.
airbus describe the approach on its fcoms: before intercepting the loc flaps 1 and speed; one dot before catching the glide flaps 2 and speed....then gear...then continue to full configuration.
regards
fil

romeow
03-07-2016, 12:41 PM
fil, you're right with your notes!
But one thing I really do not understand: With Miguel's flaps configuration it's obvious that the aircraft will accelerate on GS. But why does N1 stays on more than 40%? Why doesn't N1 go down to IDLE in this circumstance (with an active ATHR)? As I wrote I sometimes face the same problem (although Flaps 2 set)!
Regards
René

filippoporcari
03-07-2016, 12:58 PM
i really don't know renč why a-thr does not commands idle thrust...
only thing i can say: flying with normal (correct) configurations i never experienced this problems...and used JL soft for hundreds of hours...
fil

Leonidas
03-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Hi
Last days FMA indicators are boxed always. Anyone with the same issue?
Regardshttp://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11289&stc=1

filippoporcari
03-07-2016, 03:42 PM
didn't experienced this leonidas looks strange...
just curious: a climb ias of 340 kt?!?!? pretty high!!! :)
fil

romeow
03-07-2016, 07:03 PM
i really don't know renč why a-thr does not commands idle thrust...
fil
... although the two blue indexes (N1) indicate a reduction of power (set by ATHR). But unfortunately N1 doesn't decrease. I wonder what kind of incorrect configuration could provoke this strange behaviour of A/THR.
René

OmniAtlas
03-07-2016, 10:34 PM
miguel as far as i see u're still in clean configuration....that's not correct...as i reported it's aerodinamics....if u look at any fcom (even other aircrafts) u should extend some slats/flaps BEFORE catching the glide.
otherwise only way to add some drag is deploying the gear.
airbus describe the approach on its fcoms: before intercepting the loc flaps 1 and speed; one dot before catching the glide flaps 2 and speed....then gear...then continue to full configuration.
regards
fil

Hi Fil - I am unable to drop the stats/flaps because the aircraft maintains a speed of 250 kts - this is despite having approach mode activated (done so automatically by the aircraft).

Ben

masterp
03-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Hi Ben,

It looks like your aircraft was catching the profile from above Glide Slope, and it can not reduce its approach spd.
I attached the chart of ILS 34 LOWW... can you try again to manually active approach phase earlier and at initial approach fix SNU got the green dot 4000 feet first (may be make a holding pattern if required), and try to catch the ILS at 3000 feet. Then 10nm ILS Flap 1, G/S 1 dot Flap 2, Gear down, F3, Flap full.
I will try this approach when I back home and report later.
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11295&stc=1

OmniAtlas
03-08-2016, 02:14 AM
Hi masterp; I was following the descent profile calculated by FMGS -

1. would this this be incorrect (JL has said this needs work) and of course in the real world you will be relying on ATC and charts.

2. Approach mode is also automatically selected (20 NM from touch down if I remember) - would this be incorrect in this case and it would need to be activated earlier? In the real world when would it be an appropriate time to activate approach mode - how would you know - or are you dependent again on ATC, spacing between aircraft, etc.

Regards.

filippoporcari
03-08-2016, 03:41 AM
Ben there are many parts of your way of flying that approach which are wrong from a pilot point of view.
let's start with VNAV: vnav in not yet correct 100% of times in JL soft as per JL statement. even in the real aircraft VNAV may not be 100% correct....from this comes the GOLDEN RULE of any pilot (mostly airbus pilots): think ahead of the aircraft...and make mental checks of distance and altitude (as any pilot would do flying any aircraft).
the "3" rule is THE rule used by any pilot to judge if the path is correct.
most of the times i used a managed descent in JL soft making my checks i discovered i would be HIGH and FAST on approach...that's why in due time i reverted to selected vertical mode and selected speed to achieve the correct path/speed...this is pilot job also when flying a total computer based aircraft like 320!
so the point is:u should probably not have started that approach in that conditions (altitude, speed, configuration)...of course u can always deploy the gear to get some drag...but it's not considered a "clean" manouvre even if always usable.
regards
fil

romeow
03-08-2016, 04:45 AM
Fil, you are right again. But it doesn't explain the fact (have a look again on Miguel's screenshots) that ATHR doesn't reduce N1 even if it's indicated by the blue arcs! Why does N1 stay at 43 %? To my mind that is the main aspect of Miguel's problem - and mine as well (from time to time). Sometimes I assume that some specific weather conditions may have an influence on this item.
Regards
René

filippoporcari
03-08-2016, 05:10 AM
renč as already answered i don't know....
maybe jl fmgs can't work properly being the condition such abnormal.
i don't even know if the real aircraft would do that or not because a pilot would never bring the aircraft is such a situation!
all i can say is that in all the approaches i flown, with a correctly configurated aircraft, i never experienced such problems.
logic hidden behind a complex feature like a-thr, especially in a complex aircraft like a 320 (just thing for example at the ground speed mini logic which is perfectly modelled in JL soft), may be very hard to be achieved in a simulator and are maybe based on the correct configuration of the aircraft as it should be expected from a pilot.
we should correctly understand the aircraft logics and fly it in the correct way if we want it to react and behave as expected.
wind may be a factor renč but in ben's situation it was a head wind of 6kt which is like flying in wind calm conditions (wind is considered calm at or below 5kt)
cheers
fil

masterp
03-08-2016, 05:27 AM
Yes, VNAV managed descend and constrain calculation is not yet 100% correct with Jeehell FMGS and even with real aircraft.
So we should always ready for the vertical speed manually / OP Des with selected speed for the approach (also that is the job of pilot in real life as Fil mentioned :) )

I think it will take a long time for JL to fix this. But hope it will be done soon.

To JL: As I remember you said that the value in AP/FBW has 0 impact...however I played with it and found that,
- if both slide to full left, then the stick very very sensitive
- if both slide at 0, the stick (Logitech) still a little over sensitive.
- if both slide at around + 13->15, then the result is acceptable. movement is so smooth, I did not get floating when flare anymore :D
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11296&stc=1

romeow
03-08-2016, 06:01 AM
Sorry, duplicate!

romeow
03-08-2016, 06:08 AM
fil, I haven't expected you to find an explanation to this item ;) I think it will be hard to find one. With my posts I only wanted to tell Miguel that he doesn't stand alone with this problem - which is noticeable but finally manageable.

@ masterp
Can't remember that JH said that these values have no impact on the axis. I notice clear variations as well!
Regards
René

OmniAtlas
03-08-2016, 07:04 AM
Thank you for the explanation, Fil and all --

When I was flying against the head wind there were a few 'windshear' alerts as well. I will reattempt the flight.... using all of your advice.

Who is Miguel?

OmniAtlas
03-08-2016, 07:08 AM
Fil, you are right again. But it doesn't explain the fact (have a look again on Miguel's screenshots) that ATHR doesn't reduce N1 even if it's indicated by the blue arcs! Why does N1 stay at 43 %? To my mind that is the main aspect of Miguel's problem - and mine as well (from time to time). Sometimes I assume that some specific weather conditions may have an influence on this item.
Regards
René

Yes, I would expect the aircraft to drop to idle speed -- I did not have this issue in the past before.

Prior to the ?latest update FMGS will drop to idle speed despite descending at 1000+fpm when approach mode is activated.

filippoporcari
03-08-2016, 09:41 AM
sorry ben i made a mistake miguel is a friend of mine i was talking with few days ago regarding airbus :)
fil

romeow
03-08-2016, 01:01 PM
sorry ben i made a mistake miguel is a friend of mine i was talking with few days ago regarding airbus :)
fil
Therefore Miguel are you, OmniAtlas :D I thought fil knew your first name.

OmniAtlas
03-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Therefore Miguel are you, OmniAtlas :D I thought fil knew your first name.

My name is Ben...but if you want to call me Miguel you can...lol....:)

romeow
03-09-2016, 05:09 AM
Or Migben, Bigmen?:D

BTW I faced "our" item yesterday while descending. Instead of coming down to IDLE in order to hold 250 kts N1 stayed at 40% so the Airbus continued to accelerate.
Regards
René

OmniAtlas
03-09-2016, 06:03 AM
Perhaps JL can comment? I was able to slow down to approach speed the last flight by using operator speed controlled. I think somehow it is linked up to VNAV and ignoring the descent mode.

In other news --- P3D 3.2 has been released and includes a built in 'failure' OS --

SimOperator, a native Instructor Operating Station (IOS), enabling real-time scenario creation and modification. Instructors can now control the simulation in real-time by freezing users, introducing failures, and much more.

romeow
03-09-2016, 06:23 AM
Perhaps JL can comment? I was able to slow down to approach speed the last flight by using operator speed controlled.

Same here! No problem to slow down the aircraft after deactivating ATHR and using the throttles instead.

jeehell
03-09-2016, 07:10 AM
ATHR in speed mode is sensitive to speed variations, maybe a bit too sensitive, I'd need to check.
In approach phase, it IS tuned to be more sensitive anyway (faster reaction in case of negative windshear).

JL

Miatanet
03-10-2016, 04:13 AM
Hi all,

is someone using a buttkicker simulation kit, too. I have an issue , that the kit stops working when passing around FL100/110 , it just starts again when on final again, but it differs when stopping and starting during the flight not a given flight level every time. On ground the kit works perfect. Does the sound files change when in different flight levels and may the file not support the frequencies for the buttkicker?

Thank you for a short feedback.

Best regards
Stefan

OmniAtlas
03-10-2016, 07:38 AM
Have you tried OPUS Stefan? It works specifically with the buttkicker.

Miatanet
03-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Hi Omni

OPUS is a weather engine right?

Stefan

OmniAtlas
03-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Hi Omni

OPUS is a weather engine right?

Stefan

Yes, but there is also a buttkicker component so the response of the tactile transducer is linked to FSX/P3D and not just to the sound.

Miatanet
03-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Holy sh....

just bought ASN one week ago, grrr and now I checked the opus homepage and the BK tool seems to be cool .....

Thank you for the hint, Omni.

BR
Stefan

OmniAtlas
03-11-2016, 07:13 PM
I would stick with ASN for weather -- most software and cockpit building software use it to generate the precipitation on their ND. Perhaps JL will be doing the same?

OPUS has a Buttkicker tool but I have never used it. Perhaps someone can try it out and provide some feedback.

Question -- are you all using the Buttkicker gamer 2? Mine fried (the amplifier) 3-4 times. I promised never to use it again...might consider another product or the higher end BK.

Miatanet
03-12-2016, 02:42 AM
I would stick with ASN for weather -- most software and cockpit building software use it to generate the precipitation on their ND. Perhaps JL will be doing the same?

OPUS has a Buttkicker tool but I have never used it. Perhaps someone can try it out and provide some feedback.

Question -- are you all using the Buttkicker gamer 2? Mine fried (the amplifier) 3-4 times. I promised never to use it again...might consider another product or the higher end BK.

Hi Omni
i am using the bk simulation kit, and it works fine, just when passing a certain altitude than it stops rumbeling, but i guess this can be setup with the sound configuration of the sound card somehow... I will check that and play arround with settings and report.

BR
stefan

startrail
03-14-2016, 11:34 AM
Hi all,

I have very simlar kind of problem, my P3D v3.1 freezes after position change or opening anything in P3D menu.
Closing of FMGS starter or server helps immediatelly.
I have no solution at the time.

Jiri, Prague

Hi Jiri,

Did u find a solution to your problem. i am still witnessing a tremendous drop in frames with stutter and freeze for 15 seconds. Closing A320 FMGS and everything back to normal and super smooth.

jeehell
03-16-2016, 01:41 PM
Hi,

Thread closed due to b45 release.
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30432&p=162093#post162093

JL