PDA

View Full Version : Interfaces for encoders for use with Jeehell

Barrykensett
11-04-2015, 05:34 PM
My winter project is to phase out the hardware I am using which is not supported by Jeehell software. My biggest problem is all the devices I use which are connected through Flight Deck Technology boards which are no longer made or supported (althought they work very well) and are not usable with Windows 7.
Looking first at my radio tuning panels, each of which has 4 encoders I am thinking of using Leo Bodnar cards which are small enough to put onto the back of the panels and not have yards of wire all over the sim. For use with encoders Leo has a software program which I can download.
Am I likely to get this to work with Jeehell? Obviously the switches etc are not a problem as the card is seen as a joystick.
Barry
www.a320sim.com

jeehell
11-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Hi Barry,

This all depends how the Bodnar's card send the encoder events? Do you have any specs to give me ?

Regards,
Jean Luc

Barrykensett
11-05-2015, 05:35 AM
Jean Luc - good to hear from you
Nothing on the Bodnar website, I will try putting a query in.
Looking at things another way can anyone suggest what interface board I should use with my encoders and which will be recognised in Jeehell? I can't imagine that I am the only one to address this. Perhaps Open Cockpits?
Barry
www.a320sim.com

Stephan Schwarz
11-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Hi Barry.

the BU836X Board should be the best choice for you, as it supports up to 16 rotary encoders. As you already noted, the Bodar card is recognised as a joystick device with 32 buttons. These buttons can be assigned in the FMGS_Config as the rotaries.

An alternative would be Arcaze Board, which does the same, but has more inputs at a better price (maybe you have to compare as you are based in UK).

Regards,
Stephan

Barrykensett
11-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Stephan
Thanks for the guidance, I have ordered a couple of Bodnar cards so that I can do some trials, best way to find out what is what!
Barry
www.a320sim.com

jeehell
11-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Indeed, if the Bodnar assigns different joystick events to increments and decrements, in FMGS config you can select the INC/DEC events as well for these. This sounds like a nice feature for the price of it!

JL