PDA

View Full Version : EPGWS / G/S switch?

OmniAtlas
09-15-2015, 07:24 AM
It looks like this is assigned as an ON / OFF switch on Jeehell FMGS.

Should this be assigned as a toggle button?

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10743&stc=1

jeehell
09-16-2015, 02:34 PM
Hi,

In the soft this is a toggle switch. But you need to tell the soft when the push is finsihed (the "release action") otherwise it cannot make the difference between short press and long press (on GND, long press plays more sounds).

JL

OmniAtlas
09-17-2015, 04:06 AM
Hi JL -- the MIP_FO_GPWSGS and MIP_CPT_GPWSGS only has an 'invert' tick box, and not a release option.

I am configuring through InterfaceIT creator. Thank you.

jeehell
09-18-2015, 05:16 PM
It should be more than enough? the FDS driver will send by itself both actions if all goes well. Did you actually try it and had any issue with that swtich?

OmniAtlas
09-18-2015, 08:14 PM
Pressing the switch on the ground activated the aural alerts. (On position).

Pressing the switch again turns it to the off position (nothing happens). The switch has to be pressed a 3rd time for the action to be repeated.

It looks like the the switch is set to on/off and not a toggle action.

i am also unable to activate the G/S warning light when in flight and I am not tracking the 3 degree glide slope.

jeehell
09-20-2015, 02:49 AM
I tested the switch with an FDS board, it does work as intended in the logic....
I'll test the warning logic when I have the time to...

OmniAtlas
09-20-2015, 03:53 AM
Try pressing the button twice in a row JL - second time does not trigger the test.

jeehell
09-20-2015, 04:05 AM
Not sure what you want to achieve here...
pushing twice in a row (ie very closely repeated pushes, less than a the time for the first row of warning to play) will do nothing, by design.

from "normal situation", you can do 2 things:
1) Press once, briefly: only the GPWS sounds play.
2) press and stay pressed for at least until the sounds played in1) are played : more sounds will play (EGPWS + TCAS)

And this, does work, once, twice or more in the same session.

OmniAtlas
09-20-2015, 04:27 AM
Ji JL, I will do some more testing but it looks like my brief press (no hold) plays the extended version with the TCAS sounds

Pressing the second time after the first set of sounds have been complete does nothing. The invert button may have been set triggering this.

jeehell
09-20-2015, 04:34 AM
why do you use the "invert" feature in the first place? You do know what it's for right? its in case the wiring of the switch is inverted ie released position = switch contact closed and pushed position = contact opened.

OmniAtlas
09-21-2015, 04:17 AM
The wiring is inverted which is why the box is ticked. Nevertheless I tried again with the inverted box not ticked - the switch still acts as an on-off switch and not a toggle switch.

The sounds only play when the switch is in the on position.

The FDS em1 switch is wired to the sys3 board.

I can can make a video later down the line if you need further explanation.

jeehell
09-21-2015, 04:42 AM
Yes please make a video.
There is no reason whatsoever it does not work for you...

OmniAtlas
09-24-2015, 06:16 AM
Hi JL -- FYI -- testing is being done with the FO GPWSGS assignment.

I have not tested the captain side yet to determine if the same problem exist with that assignment.

I will try and get out a video sometime this or next week.

Regards.

OmniAtlas
10-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Hi JL -- I've done some further testing, it seems like pressing the EPGWS PB (press and immediate release) actually triggers the longer aural warnings.

I can stop the aural warnings if I press the button again.

It looks like the PB is program to 'HOLD' action when it is triggered. Is there a way to change this to a toggle function as intended?

Thank you.

jeehell
10-12-2015, 09:32 AM
This is only for the FO side? Did you test the CPT side as you said you would?
I really do not have much time to get out the FDS board, wire it up and test it by myself, so if you could narrow it down I'd appreciate.

JL

OmniAtlas
10-13-2015, 06:06 AM
Hi JL -- the FO side has the same behavior as the FO side -- here is a short video I made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieIxF2bbbMc

Toggling the PB at the beginning of the aural alerts shuts it off.

If you don't toggle it (just click once, and depress), the aural sounds continue to play and you cannot stop the warnings.

jeehell
10-13-2015, 12:48 PM
I tried with an FDS board, again. Both sides (CPT and FO). They work correctly.

Your video seem to indicate you do not use the correct type of switch.
You seem to use a ON-OFF switch, when you should be using a MON-OFF switch.
The difference in the two types is the MON-OFF returns to contacts opened position when you release it.
Yours is a latching switch: on, each press, you put the switch either ON either OFF, but when you remove your finger, if in the ON position, the switch stays in the ON position.

see it that way:
this is a ON-OFF switch:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10834&stc=1

this is a MON-OFF switch:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10835&stc=1

Many "korry like" switches on the OVHD and MIP are ON-OFF, but a few are MON-OFF.
It's easy to miss them. The AUTOLAND, GPWS/GS, MW, MC, APU START and a few others I don't remember off my head are MON-OFF.

JL

OmniAtlas
10-14-2015, 04:19 AM
Hi JL -- thanks you for the clarification.

Looks like there are indeed MON and ON-OFF switches included with the FDS package. I've mis-wired them, which is most likely why I've been having issues with your software.

I will rewire the PBs (no easy task!).