PDA

View Full Version : configuring steam gauges problem

gspannelljr
09-13-2015, 01:23 PM
I have hit a wall with my sim, I can't seem to figure out how to write the commands to drive the servos in my gauges. Honesly, I have struggle with the basic stuff of configuring switches and so on. because I have all the gauges I need it is hard to give up on them. I am tempted to use something like simkits usb gauges but it is so expensive. Can any of you direct me to a method that might make the job easier for me or is this something best left up to a person more skilled in writing commands (that's not me!) Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
glenn

hyamesto
09-13-2015, 03:07 PM
What do you need programing?
What IOcards do you have?
What kind of cockpit?
Are you using SIOC with IOCP Server or with FSUIPC?
Give me some information, and maybe i can help you.
Regards.
Horacio.

gspannelljr
09-14-2015, 07:30 PM
Horacio,
Thank for the reply. First all, I stopped working on this project out of frustration about a year ago. Starting back now I feel like I have to start all over with understanding Sioc, iocp, and Fsuipc Which I never really felt good about before. I am using the IO master, usb expansion, inputs, outputs, servo, stepper, and axis cards. I had successfully set up several switches, starter, mag, main power,throttle, mixture, etc. But when I went to try to write a command for the gauge servos I got really confused and quit for a long time. NOw I am back and determined to make this work. I Have a GA panel complete with all its gauges. I am converting an old GAT-1 simulator. so I think step one I I have to relearn how to sioc and then proceed from there.
glenn