PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake and EFIS button's offsets

stubenflieger
07-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Hello,

I have two issues:

Frist:
Unfortunately the FMGS blocks the FSX standard parking brake. I need it to activate serveral functions in AES (finishing pushback, complete stop after ariving ath the gate etc.). Is there a way to make FSX think that the parking brake is set? I used the corresponding FSUIPC Offset, but it does not work when the FMGS is started.

Second:
The FSUIPC Offsets for changing the Modes via the EFIS (WPT, VORD, NDB, ARPT) do not work anymore. The strange thing ist, that the CSTR does work. The offsets havent been changed. Accordingt to the Offset Manual it is 78EB - values 68 to 69 for the captain side i haven't checked for FO.
I use the default database that came with the download.

thank you

Markus

jeehell
07-30-2015, 05:39 PM
Hi,

the latest vesion should not be blocking the PKG BRK.

As for the FSUIPC offsets for the EFIS, I'll check.
But what do you mean default database? there is no such thing as that??

JL

stubenflieger
07-31-2015, 10:56 AM
Hello,

i have also tested the software efis and the waypoints etc. are also not shown on the ND. It Seems as if the functions are disabeled.

I meant that I have not installed a new navigation database when i wrote that post. Now i have the latest installed but the wayponts etc, are also not shown..

i check my version for an update, currently it is 40.2

regards

markus

jeehell
08-01-2015, 05:52 AM
did you copy the bin files from the server navdata folder to the clients navdata folders?
regards,
JL

stubenflieger
08-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Hello,

sorry, I have forgotten to copy the "bin" files- now it works.

I have updated to 41 today, but when Setting the prk brk (ctrl + .) it does not Show up in my fsx (i mean the red bar with the text). I have also tried to set the fsx prk brk via fsuipc Offset. When the fmgs is not running it works, when fmgs is running it seems not to work,

marku

Miatanet
08-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Same here,

and I am getting lost, did almost everything, did a reinstall from scratch of fmgs and io profiler, reseted fsx.cfg but it seems that some communication between FMGS and FSX is not doing what is should and what was fine before.

It is a pitty when using AES and pushback can't be started because release of parking brake is not recognized...

Can someone have a look at that?

Best regards
Stefan

jeehell
08-03-2015, 07:54 AM
The pkr brk issue should be fixed with current update.
It happened only under FSX.

JL

OmniAtlas
08-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Hi JL -- brake temperatures will rise very slowly with full brakes and throttle near max acceleration -- I would expect temperatures to reach >100 C within a few seconds.

I cannot comment further on the braking system because I do not know the relationship between the brakes and the thrust of the aircraft. Perhaps an engineer or aerospace expert on this board could comment.

jeehell
08-03-2015, 10:37 AM
No it does take a long time for the brakes to build up temperature. This is the physical property of carbon brakes used in aircraft. And the temperature sensor also adds inertia in the measurement.
The max temperature is reached between 5 and 10minutes after last brake application during a RTO.
Thrust had nothing to do. Only mechanical work (in the physical sense), which is happening only during movement.
If you prefer, imagine the brakes fully immobilize the wheel, at full thrust the wheels would slip. The wheel will get hot from the friction, but the brakes won't as the discs don't move: they don't absorb energy but transfer t all to the wheels...

stubenflieger
08-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Hi JL

unfortunatelyhe baking issueis not gone with the latest Version (41 from 2nd aug 2015)

greetings

markus

Miatanet
08-03-2015, 04:34 PM
Same here

still no parking brake function in FSX via Skalarki hardware.

BR
Stefan

stubenflieger
08-03-2015, 04:56 PM
i also have no Prk Brk function when using then shortcut "ctrl"+".". same with the fsuipc Offset.

unfortunately jeehell prk brk does not break - when the plane is very light i Need to contiousely stad on the brake pedals.

regards

markus

jeehell
08-03-2015, 06:36 PM
there is another update ready. you'll tell me, I really do not want to reinstall FSX....

JL

Miatanet
08-04-2015, 02:49 AM
Hi JL

no autoupdate. Did my last update at around 10pm yesterday night. This version is also not solving the parking brake issue. Just checked update now: current version up to date : 03/08/2015

BR
Stefan

jeehell
08-04-2015, 03:19 AM
What do you mean by "no auto update"?
41.1 is available by auto update?

OmniAtlas
08-04-2015, 04:29 AM
No it does take a long time for the brakes to build up temperature. This is the physical property of carbon brakes used in aircraft. And the temperature sensor also adds inertia in the measurement.
The max temperature is reached between 5 and 10minutes after last brake application during a RTO.
Thrust had nothing to do. Only mechanical work (in the physical sense), which is happening only during movement.
If you prefer, imagine the brakes fully immobilize the wheel, at full thrust the wheels would slip. The wheel will get hot from the friction, but the brakes won't as the discs don't move: they don't absorb energy but transfer t all to the wheels...

Thank you for clearing up -- that makes sense. We should only see the greatest temperature rise then when the transfer of kinetic energy is happening between a spinning wheel (movement) and the brake pads then, and not from rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSrTX1Oi2hc

Miatanet
08-04-2015, 07:41 AM
What do you mean by "no auto update"?
41.1 is available by auto update?

Hi JL
I thought you had another update , so I am on the latest one and it does not fix the issue....

Best regards and thank you for you effort in supporting us that quick.

Stefan

stubenflieger
08-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Hello,

me too - the updatr downloaded a whole new version of the fmgs but prk brk does not work :-( Why did you implement an own PB?

Regards

Markus

jeehell
08-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Hello,

me too - the updatr downloaded a whole new version of the fmgs but prk brk does not work :-( Why did you implement an own PB?

Regards

Markus
Because FSX park brake system is broken and sometimes there were discrepencies in the parking brake indicator/position in FSX. I nP3D they fixed that bug.

stubenflieger
08-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Ok i understand But unfortunately in fsx the prk brk does Not work when fmgs is running.
Is there any way to solve that problem? IT is not just because of gsx or aes but because of the airbus rolling when it is not heavy when the engines Are idle

thanks

markus

jeehell
08-04-2015, 03:19 PM
there is a way, i just needs some time to work on it...

stubenflieger
08-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Thank you.

Regards markus

jeehell
08-04-2015, 04:25 PM
An update is available again.

stubenflieger
08-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Hello JL

thank You!

It works now!!

Regards

Markus

Miatanet
08-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Hi JL

seems to be ok again :-).

Best regards
Stefan

gurpalsc
01-30-2016, 06:22 AM
Hi everyone.
I am facing this parking brake issue.
Using 44.4 fmgs ver. P3d and skalarki hardware. Park brake is recognised by fmgs and shown on memo also. But the same is not communicated to p3d and a/c parking brake dont get release after putting them off from hardware/fmgs . How can i go ahead . Now to release brake i have to use keyboard shortcut of ctrl plus dot.
Any help will be appreciated.
regards