PDA

View Full Version : Aliexpress 300mW diode

mefiu
07-16-2015, 01:44 PM
Hi Folks,
I wonder if anyone of you has any experience with Aliexpress' 300mW diode engraving?
Is it powerful enough to engrave painted plexiglass?
Is it fine enough to engrave 2-4 mm letters?
Thanks for any comments :)
mefiu

Zlatko
07-16-2015, 03:07 PM
Hi mefiu,
please be more specific and give us a link to the machine you have in mind.
I've been looking at them, just like you did, and their mechanics appeared to me to be router-alike.
I bet - their precision would be of a mechanical router , but i can't be sure.
Regards.

mefiu
07-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Hi mefiu,
please be more specific and give us a link to the machine you have in mind.
I've been looking at them, just like you did, and their mechanics appeared to me to be router-alike.
I bet - their precision would be of a mechanical router , but i can't be sure.
Regards.
Well, first in the row:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-5Pcs-lot-2-2V-High-Quality-808nm-TO18-300mW-High-Power-Burning-Infrared-Laser/32304557186.html
I've my own cnc machine, but due to some misalignment in Z axis, it cannot be used to engrave.
My main question remain the same: is this diode powerful enough?
I've some previous experiences & tests with DVD diodes, but they were week and cannot burn painted plexiglass...

Zlatko
07-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer . I hope, somebody knows it and can provide you with some help.
Regards.

iwik
07-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Mefiu,
I have one of these cheap laser engravers using a 300mw laser. They are pretty useless on anything but would or paper.
What I am contemplating is to up the diode to 1.6w and then I think it may be ok for engraving.

Regards
Les

mefiu
07-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Mefiu,
I have one of these cheap laser engravers using a 300mw laser. They are pretty useless on anything but would or paper.
I thought so.

Mefiu,
What I am contemplating is to up the diode to 1.6w and then I think it may be ok for engraving.
Do you have any actual diode in mind? Could you please share a weblink?
mefiu

iwik
07-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Hi,
I was going to fit a module complete with Heat sink from Banggood.com. Have not finally decided yet.
Here is the link, hope it helps, not cheap .
http://www.banggood.com/445nm-1_6W-1600mW-Blue-Laser-Module-With-Heatsink-For-DIY-Laser-Cutter-Engraver-p-983766.html

les

mefiu
07-23-2015, 04:00 PM
Not cheap indeed.
Give us a hint if it's worth this money and capable of engraving painted plexiglass when you buy one.

mefiu
09-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Just to pick up the subject.
Anyone has any experience with Chinese blue lasers, powered 2000mW or more, to engrave plexiglas.
I'm still hoping to give it a try, but without any recommendations it's a risky business for me.