PDA

View Full Version : Cockpitsonic Throttle / ADIRU

Haggart
04-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Hey JL,
I'm currently looking at your avionics suite for my airbus sim, in which I used Project Magenta until now. It looks fascinating, however I have two problems:
-I have a Cockpitsonic-Throttle for thrust control. How the h... do I get it working with JeeHell? :/ (Every other hardware is working greatly out of the box via EHID) I can't configure it via the axis configurator... I hoped that JeeHell would accept it via EHID? Because PM took it without trouble via EHID and as I really like the CS throttle, I would be very sad to have to leave it ;)
-Sadly, I have no simulated ADIRU-panel, so aligning the IRS means for me to have to open the overhead software and click on it digitally. While this is possible, it's a pain in the a.. to do it every time when starting up. As much as I like to stay close to reality, I would like to ask if there's any shortcut available to have the three IRS automatic starting alignment when the bat bus gets powered.

Otherwise, the first impressions are great, I love the concept of multiple separate windows per ND, PFD etc. And other than the throttle, all my Cockpitsonic hardware worked out of the box - perhaps I'm just doing something wrong. Does a separate module have to run so that the throttle works?
Best regards!

jeehell
04-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Hi Haggart,

The CockpitSonic throttle quadrant does work in my software, I have tested it myself on a full cockpitsonic setup.
Have you ever calibrated the thrust levers using the EHID tools? I've seen an issue where the total course on the flaps axis was much shorter than what was described in the EHID SDK. This result in FMGS Config not detecting the axis movement (the threshold is set at a quite high percentage of the total course to avoid false detections in the calibration phase).
So I'd be interested in knowing the max and min values of the axis in EHID if you know how to get them.

As for the ADIRS, I will add an option in the cockpitsonic.ini file (in hardware modules folder).

Regards,
JL

Haggart
04-25-2015, 10:49 AM
Hey JL,
I will take a look into the throttle ranges with the EHID tools - tbh, I did my calibration until now with the FBW-software of PM. Will post further details. Main showstopper for me was that I could not spool up the engines due to throttle not in idle position (damn you, airbus failsafe checks ;-)).
Thank you for the ADIRS-mod :-)
Btw, the MCDU-communication is sometimes a bit flacky... often, the pages are not rendered fully, but only half or I get only message "please report this problem"... can I get you some debug information to further go into this problem? The pages mostly get shown if I try to call them with a second or third try.
Best regards!

jeehell
04-30-2015, 05:17 AM
Hi,

The latest version (b39.0) has some code corrections for the EHID driver. It should help with thrust levers detection in FMGS config.
Also, regarding the ADIRUs, you'll need to add this line in your c:\A320FMGS\hardware Modules\cockpitsonic.ini file (or wherever the soft is installed):
forceADIRS=yes

Tell me if it makes any difference for the MCDU...

Regards,
JL

Haggart
05-08-2015, 06:06 AM
Hey JL,
I tried now all sorts of things, but the last change made it worse. I now have nearly no recognized overhead pbs and the throttle still does nothing. Can I give you some EHID debug information for fine tuning of my setup?

The ADIRU-solution seems to work, but why do you set the ADIRU to ATT? If I remember correctly, correct align only happens if the selector is set on NAV...
The CDU seeeeeems to work better, but no final words here, as I did not have much possibility to test this...
Thanks!
Best regards

jeehell
05-08-2015, 06:32 AM
Hi

please try this one:
http://www.jeehell.org/EHIDmodule.dll

I corrected several big issues in the driver (and NAV instead of ATT, sorry...).

Regards
JL

Haggart
05-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Hey JL,
thanks as always for the quick work...
Overhead is working again, Engines spool up now. However, current "Bug"-list:
-all the cockpit DU's are now staying dark
-Throttle shows no reaction to movement
-Flaps/Speedbrake no reaction - but Parking Brake works
-Ovhd int lighting poti is direction inverted
-FCU - only 1000ers are settable in altitude, as I have no 1000/100-selector, could the 100er-selection be standard? I guess it does not make any difference in realism, as on the real flight deck, we would only set the increment selector correctly...
-Radio panel: PB's no reaction, and the rotary encoder parts are inverted (lower part turns decimals, upper part the whole numbers... should be otherwise)

Sorry to bother you again.. I'm very impressed btw by the implementation depth of system logic, tried a bit with the electrical panel and its really cool...

Thanks and fly save

jeehell
05-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Hello,

please try this new one, it may correct some of your issues:
http://www.jeehell.org/EHIDmodule.dll

-DU's staying black: this could be the potentiometers forced to 0. Just so I know better, you have a full cockpitsonic simulator? If so, are the pots for the DU's brightness included in your setup?

-throttle: this is really startling... I've seen myself a cockpit sonic throttle, and it did work out of the box in FMGS config... What happens exactly? nothing at all? or another axis takes precedence over the throttle axis?

-Flaps / SPDBRK: those also have to configured in FMGS config as analog axis. Do you have the same issue as per the THR LVR?

-OVHD integ Lt pot: add this line to your cockpitsonic.ini file (in hardware modules folder):
InvertOVHDintegLt=yes

-FCU ALT100: add this line to your cockpitsonic.ini file (in hardware modules folder):
FCUalt100=yes

regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
05-08-2015, 09:45 PM
I've updated the website with Cockpitsonic support. Thank you JL.

http://flightsystem.wix.com/airbus#!hardware/c21r

Haggart
05-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Hey JL,
another iteration. First let me hit my head against something hard, I now found out the throttle problem and what you meant. Until now, my hardware connection went into ehid on another computer. For the Jeehell-config to recognize the ehid axis, ehid seems to have to be running on the mainframe where the FMGS server runs. Not ideal, but for testing purposes, they are now recognized, same as the flaps/spdbrk. I understood all this as you talked about having them to configure anyway while they are attached to ehid.
-The parking brake is not recognized in any way, still, this was a misinterpretation of mine. No reaction anywhere.
-The lighting pots for the DU's: they are all built in and at least the ones for ECAM are wired and worked before in PM; but they are not shown as an axis in the calibration tool of EHID. I assume you thesis is probably correct, but I'm not sure how to get them visible against your calibration. Shall I try to get the identifiers out of the ehid-log?
-Trim: I tried to set the plane in the air just to feel the flying of Jeehell. However, the trim does nothing - is movement of the trim wheels intended currently? (As I dont have the ECAM DU, I cant check the FLTCTL page for THS value ^^)
-and the plane seems really, really sensitive in pitch, especially with flaps extension... extended the flaps from 1 to 2 and the plane pitched suddenly up nearly into the normal... I guess thats also probably something wrong with my fsx installation...
Thank you as always,
fly safe

jeehell
05-11-2015, 05:31 AM
Hi,

Why do you want to run EHID on a client computer? The hardware does not really increase the CPU load, so it's really better to have it all on the server computer.
If you really want to have the cockpitsonic USB plugged on a client computer, it is possible, but you will still have to install the EHID support module of my software on the server computer (so that hardware connect app runs on the server computer) and then in the cockpitsonic.ini file of the hardware modules folder point to the client computer IP.
But really, please let everything related to hardware on the server...

The parking brake switch is a simple switch, it does no have to be calibrated, and should work out of the box.

The DUs pot from cockpitsonic should not need calibration and should work out of the box. The only axis that need calibration are THR LVR, sticks, NWS, rudders, pedal brakes.
I saw the ECAM pots working on an existing setup. SO the ID should be correct already. But if you can get them for me I will crosscheck.

The elevator trim is tricky. The motor is very slow and it is difficult to keep it in sync. I will try to add it back again soon (I had it mostly working, but it kept disengaging the AP as it was unsycnhed).

Regards,
JL