PDA

View Full Version : First look and some help needed.

sxa1376
03-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Dear JeeHell,

I have installed the software as you mention in installatin guide and i want to say that my first look is
that it looks absolutely fantastic! The way i spread the software is this.

One server pc running fmgs server-fcu and fbw with p3d1.4
One client pc running captain's pfd-nd
One client pc running co pilot's pfd-nd
One client pc running eicas-stand by instruments
One client pc running both mcdu's on a touch screen, overhead on another touchscreen plus sound
I have also bought one navdata cycle from aerosoft.
I have run all the program updaters acros the clients
I loaded flight and i started the engines
I set in ll displays the antialising to 8x and all looks very nice
From that point i am having some problems
After some minutes i saw in fmgs server window that i have lost commnication with the captains pfd-nd or the eicas (not both the same time but with the one or the other). If in that time i close pfd-nd client software an re run it the conection it comes again but after some time the same thing is happening.
Also in fcu some buttons are not working. For example on left effis control panel i am pressing the nd or arpt buttons i check that on fcu they have lighted up but on nd i see nothing. The same thing is happening with fd's and ls buttons. All the other assignemets of fcu buttons swicthes and rotaries are working great. One other problem is that on pfd or nd when i comment a turn or a attitude change the nd is turning slow with stuttering. The same thing is happening with the pfd. When i pull the stick for example it changes slow with stuttering also. For last is there any possibilty with the clients to auto run after server fgms has started and auto close when server fmgs has closed? Also can you post a "SimConnect" xml ready configured to be used as a template?
P.S. The fbw is amazing!!!
Many thanks in advance.

caddyboy
03-28-2015, 07:06 PM
Hello sx1376,

I had this exact problem.... what i did was put all pcs on its own wired network (seperate router) and everything works flawlessly.

sxa1376
03-29-2015, 07:15 AM
Dear caddyboy,

Curretly i have connected the clients and the server all together throught a switch. Also in this switch i have connected the router.
So if i understand correct i must have connected to the switch only the clients plus the server and from the second lan card of the
server (dual lan mobo) connect the router? I want to mention that on server i have a static ip and on clients i have the ip's auto assigned from windows so all pc's have internet. The reason i am doing this is that to run the updater to all clent pc's. Is this correct? Or i must have to each client a static ip as well but without internet? And in server after i complete the updater to copy the new setup to clients and rerun from there? About the simconnect.xml i deleted it then i rerun the latest setup and a new and corrected one has been created. Also i want to mention that in each client i have run the "SimConnect" msi and i have put in each client's my documents folder a simconect.cfg file with the server's details (port 9017 ......). Is this correct or this was not needed at all?
About now the auto run-close fuction on server pc i have fixed the fsuipc.cfg so it runs the fsxstarter after he p3d1.4 has finish started and to close after p3d has exited. In clients i have put the widefs to autostart with windows and then i have set up widefs to auto start and close the starter in each client the same way as server starts and closes fsxstarter (check pete dwason guides).
For last is there any possibility to run set up joystiks without runing the installer or i must run the installer again each time i want to set up the joysticks (add buttons ...)? Also in case of uninstall and fresh instal how i ca make a back up of buttons, rotaries, axies.... assignements?
Many thanks in advance.

caddyboy
03-29-2015, 11:04 AM
The networking sounds ok..... the only thing is that i have all of my pcs with 2 lan connections. 1 for the internet and the other for jeehell. The netwotk connected for jeehell, the router has dhcp settings turned off. The server and all client pcs have a static ip with the defaut gateway to the router. My internet works on my other network and my network jeehell also works. I am only using 3 pc. I only use captain side. So i have server with 3 screens for view and pc #2 for all cp side instruments and standby instruments, 3 monitors as well. Pc #3 is used for va acars (widefs), asn weather (simconnect) etc. The third pc does not communicate with widefmgs server.

As far as simconnect goes, i do not use it for jeehell. It uses widefmgs server. For simconnect, you would set it up as normal so long as the networking is setup correctly. Just make sure the ip address in the simconnect.cfg file is in your documents folder (for all client pcs) with correct ip address or else it will not connect.

Setting up joysticks and buttuns can be done at anytime from the server. Go to the server and go to the FMGS server folder and open FMGS_Config.exe. you can open that as much as you need to without having to install to configure joysticks, buttons etc.

Also make sure you run everything as administrator on all pcs to avoid any issues.

caddyboy
03-29-2015, 11:30 AM
Hey i also forgot to ask, is their a reason your trying to connect simconnect to all pc, also a reason for using widefs on all pcs? All pcs should be configured thru wifefmgs server to communicate with jeehell.

Also make sure your switch is regenerating the signal to the router. Also make sure you have your firewalls configured for allow jeehell ports, and antivirus as well.

sxa1376
03-30-2015, 08:45 AM
Dear caddyboy,

The reason i set up simconnect is that i noticed after fmgs istallation the program has added to my simconnect.xml these commands:

<SimConnect.Comm>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>192.168.1.5</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>9017</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>True</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>local</Scope>
<Address>127.0.0.1</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>9017</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>True</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>

So i thought that the fmgs software needs the simconnect. About the widefs now i need the fmgs server and all the clients to be autostarted after i load a flight and quiting after i exit fs. With this way it is done. I don't want after a flight has loaded to manualy run fmgs server and also manually run from each client the starter. If there is another way for this to be done i will happy follow it.
In my lan i have disable all firewalls and defenders and i don't run any antivirus at all. This rig is deticated to fs only.
Also how i can check that my switch is regenerating the signal to the router? Many thanks in advance.

caddyboy
03-30-2015, 09:53 AM
As far as simconnect goes, it does not hurt to have it setup on client computers. Make sure the simconnect.xml is in the right location. Also make sure that sinconnect.ini is in the right place. And make sure simconnect.cfg has the right server address. To test simconnect, copy one on the ai.exe (this is a demo) file in the sdk to each client pc. If it says it inserted ai traffic objects, sim connect is working on the client pcs and is communicating with the fs server.

As far as your switch..... you would need to look at the settings or the manual. It may be named repeater or something along those lines. Fisrt make sure the switch has this feature built in as some don't.

If everything checks out, the only thing i can think of is maybe the computer hardware is not on par (no offense). Jeehell recommends a modern quad core at the least for server and clients. Can you tell me how many monitors your using across the clients and flight sim. Also list all server and pc specs. I think it is time we look into that. As a trouble shooting step i would try 1 client pc at a time and see if you still have issues, if you can eliminate client pcs down to 1 client then we know where to look.

Just as an fyi, i could probably run an entire cockpit with all gauges with 3 pcs. That is using a strong server with a gtx 780 or better and 2 gtx 660 for the clients. This will allow 3 monitors for server and 6 monitors for instruments overhead etc. ...

My server is setup with a core i7 4790k, 8gb of ram, gtx 780. Client pc is a core i5 4670k, 8gb of ram, gtx 660. The third pc is a normal laptop, nothing spectacular used for asn weather, va acars and and moving map. On the server i have 3 good usb hubs to handle all hid devices and can add more if required. This is just to give you an example. I await your reply.

sxa1376
04-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Dear caddyboy,

Thank you very much for your help. Unfotunatey my pc's are:

Server - i7930 12 giga ram and two ssd x25 postvile and one gtx 480.
Client - 4 cients amd 939 2.5 ghz one core each with 2 giga ram 400 and one gt 8800 each.

As i undestand when i update the pc's i will be able to enjoy the glass cockpit.
Be well my friend.

jeehell
04-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Hi sx1376,

My software does use simconnect with FSX and P3D, but only on the server computer.
The networking is then done through proprietary software (WideFMGS server and clients).
Some users have issues with widefmgs. It seems that if the CPU power is not enough on the clients, sometimes the connection is dropped. This may be true particularly for single core computers...
The logs of widefmgs clients and server would help (you can launch the widefmgs UI in the right part of the task bar, there is a small red icon hidden next to the clock).

Regards,
JL

asessa
01-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Hi, i'm trying to setup my second pc with EW/D, SD, Clock, Ias , Alt indicators .
My server has ip 192.168.1.114
Fgms Server started, widfgms is clear (there's only start message).
When i start fgms on client pc i see all instruments black (only brakes are visible).
The widefmgs.ini has correct values.
Into the log i can read

*****Widfmgs client started at 22:26:42.351
Create result:1
Host IP: 192.168.1.114

can someone help me?

Niklas
01-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Hi,
First make sure that you run Widefmgs client with the serverip on your second pc.
Second do you run fmgs server and widefmgs server on the main pc?
Third, do you start with external power? Is all pwr incl external on an BUS TIE not OFF?

asessa
01-13-2016, 06:16 PM
Hi,
First make sure that you run Widefmgs client with the serverip on your second pc.
Second do you run fmgs server and widefmgs server on the main pc?
Third, do you start with external power? Is all pwr incl external on an BUS TIE not OFF?

1.yes it's correct (you can see right ip address into log i reported)
2.yes they run
3.yes!

jeehell
01-14-2016, 05:20 AM
Hi,

Check there is no firewall or antivirus issue.
Check you run the software with admin privileges.

REgards,
JL

asessa
01-14-2016, 05:43 AM
Hi,

Check there is no firewall or antivirus issue.
Check you run the software with admin privileges.

REgards,
JL

Hi JH , i have firewall stopped on both pc.
The server pc run with Win10 Pro 64bit with windows defender active
The clien pc run with Win7 Ultimate 64bit and Microsoft Essential Security

Both FMGS run with admin privileges.

jeehell
01-14-2016, 06:52 AM
it isbetter to have the firewall with program exceptions. windows security software may also block ports etc...

asessa
01-14-2016, 07:10 AM
it isbetter to have the firewall with program exceptions. windows security software may also block ports etc...

Uhm ok i'll try to shutdown all security software.
Do i need to install any sdk (fs,p3d or other) on client pc?

asessa
01-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Another thing... when i start FGMS on client pc , some stby instruments like Altimeter and SpeedIndicator should be turned on...(triple fuel is on)... why are this stby turned off ??

jeehell
01-18-2016, 01:05 PM
Hello,

you don't need to install any sdk. The installer has all the required files with it.
Did you change any of the default ports?
How do you run the software? Using the starter?
You did NOT install the FMGS Server on the client computers?
Can you try to ping the server IP from the client?
(you can do it in the cmd line: ping 192.168.1.114 )

JL

asessa
01-18-2016, 01:14 PM
Hello,

you don't need to install any sdk. The installer has all the required files with it.

Ok

Did you change any of the default ports?

No, i leave all default values

How do you run the software? Using the starter?

Yes i use the starter with "run as admnistrator"

You did NOT install the FMGS Server on the client computers?

FGMS Server is not istalled

Can you try to ping the server IP from the client?
(you can do it in the cmd line: ping 192.168.1.114 )
JL

Yes it ping server

jeehell
01-18-2016, 01:28 PM
I would really turn back on the windows firewall. Then go to the firewall settings, look for program exceptions. There, delete the exceptions which may be already existing for widefmgs, widefmgsserver, etc. and add them again manually.

asessa
01-19-2016, 04:05 AM
I would really turn back on the windows firewall. Then go to the firewall settings, look for program exceptions. There, delete the exceptions which may be already existing for widefmgs, widefmgsserver, etc. and add them again manually.

On the server do you mean ?

jeehell
01-19-2016, 04:12 AM
all your computers.

asessa
01-19-2016, 04:19 AM
all your computers.

ok i'll try asap

asessa
01-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Hi JL, i disabled firewall and now it works