PDA

View Full Version : Error message

Jerrymc3
03-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Today when I turned on my cockpit computers and started SIOC I got an error message that said "Socket Error # 10013 Access denied". I get the same error if I click the Reload Button. Also the IOCPConsole won't Connect. I have no idea what happened. It was working fine yesterday.

Jerry

Jerrymc3
03-17-2015, 05:39 PM
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling SIOC 4.3B2. Get the same error after rebooting and no other programs running. Tried disabling NOD32 Antivirus but problem persists.

Jerry

iwik
03-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Jerry,
Make sure you have no firewall enabled(if so turn it off temp). Check Windows defender is disabled.
Les

Jerrymc3
03-18-2015, 01:29 PM
Jerry,
Make sure you have no firewall enabled(if so turn it off temp). Check Windows defender is disabled.
Les

Tried that but it didn't help. I backed up my .ssi & .txt files, uninstalled SIOC then deleted the IOCARDS/SIOC folder, restarted my computer, turned off Windows Defender and Eset NOD32 Antivirus and reinstalled SIOC v4.3B3. Error message is gone and SIOC is working again with Windows Defender and Antivirus turned on. Wish I knew what was causing this problem. This isn't the first time this has happened. There must be an easier solution.

Jerry

Jerrymc3
05-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Happened again today. Time to reinstall SIOC v4.3B3. Seems to happen every couple of months. Wish I could understand why.

Jerry

iwik
05-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Hi Jerry,
It seems that error message can have hundreds of causes according to Microsoft. That one in particular they refer it to
a " Hidden Permissions" and others have fixed it by making sure the offending program is " Allowed" in their Antivirus
software. So here is what I would do:
1. Tick the "Run as Admin" in properties box of SIOC.
2. In program Rules for your Antivirus force it to always accept SIOC.
Trouble with Windows being so complex one fix for some doesn't work for others as there are just to many variables.

I have had that error before without knowing what was causing it.
Just another thing to frustrate us cockpit builders.
Good Luck and sorry can not be much more help.
Les

Jerrymc3
05-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Just another thing to frustrate us cockpit builders.

Les

I have no antivirus running on this computer, Windows Defender is disabled, running SIOC as administrator. This error just pops up every now and then for no apparent reason. A re-install has always fixed it before but not this time. I don't know where to go from here.

Jerry

Jerrymc3
05-22-2015, 03:39 PM
A couple of other things. I switched out my old EVGA P55 FTW motherboard about a month ago for a Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 Board. SIOC was working until a few days ago. A re-install didn't work this time, could it be something with this board? Seems like it wouldn't have worked when I first installed SIOC. Also, I was wondering when I re-install SIOC should my expansion cards be unplugged?

Jerrymc3
05-22-2015, 08:55 PM
After doing a little more research I found out the problem could be caused by corrupted system files. Doing a system restore fixed the problem.

Jerry

iwik
05-23-2015, 04:42 AM
Hi Jerry,
Well done, yes I came up with this answer to but a bit drastic.
Next time try this.

1.Create a new user account with a different name, as follows: •Go to Start → Control Panel → User Accounts
•Select "Manage other accounts"
•"elect "Create new account"
•Give the new account a name, e.g. "Bob2" and check the box to make it an administrator account

2.Restart the computer and login to the new account

3.Run this command from an elevated command prompt (Vista or newer):
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

3a. To get to an Elevated prompt do this:

Open the Start Menu, type cmd in the search box, right click on cmd.exe (at top), and click on Run as administrator

You should be at Windows\System32.

Jerrymc3
05-24-2015, 01:04 PM
This may be the source of my problems. Yesterday I got a popup message that my Windows7 30 day trial had expired. I could have sworn that I did a successful registration of Windows7 when I changed out my motherboard and reinstalled but I guess for some reason it didn't take. Any way, I re-registered and hopefully now all is fixed.

Jerry

Jerrymc3
05-29-2015, 07:07 PM
Happened again today. I wonder if my shutting down the circuits powering my cockpit when I'm not using it could be causing the problem?

Jerry

Jerrymc3
06-25-2015, 05:11 PM
Happened again today (Error Code 10013). Turned on my cockpit circuits after being off for 3 days. The process to fix it is-turn off Windows Defender and Antivirus, backup my scripts and uninstall SIOC and delete Iocards folder, restart computer, reinstall SIOC, turn off computer, wait a couple of minutes and turn back on. Error message is now gone when I run SIOC. Wish I could get some input from Manuel Velez on this situation.

Jerry

iwik
06-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Jerry,
As mentioned earlier, this error comes about because of a clash. It may not even be a
SIOC problem but some other program on your pc.
Have you tried changing the Port number in sioc to see if that helps.
How have you been soliciting support?. Thru the forum or direct thru email to sales?.
As a long shot have you tried using an earlier version of SIOC?.
Sorry I cant be of much help.
Les

Jerrymc3
06-26-2015, 03:47 PM
Jerry,
Have you tried changing the Port number in sioc to see if that helps.
Les

Could you explain to me how to do that. I had the same problem when I turned on my computer today. All of the previous things I did to correct the problem failed this time, even a system restore. I'm at an impass, I dont' know what else to try.

Jerry

iwik
06-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Jerry,
In the setup tab for sioc I think there is a tab for a server and its port address is 8092.
You could try and change that. Im not sure what part this port plays but I know if I run iocards lcd program then when it connects this port shows that some program has connected.
If you don't turn any hardware on and don't run fsx does it still give you the error.
Les

Jerrymc3
06-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Jerry,
In the setup tab for sioc I think there is a tab for a server and its port address is 8092. You could try and change that.

Les

I know you can change that setting in sioc.ini. I just wasn't sure what to change it too. I tried all sorts of suggestions from an internet search for solving the Socket Error #10013 error, even purchasing and running RegClinic recommended by Tom's Hardware. I've reinstalled SIOC ver 4.3B2 at least ten times today. Then I took a wild guess and changed the IOCP Server Port to 8099 and VOILA! No more #10013 error. Thanks for that suggestion. I was beginning to think my computer had developed an immunity to SIOC. I'll have to give it a few days to be sure that was a permanent fix.

Jerry

iwik
06-27-2015, 12:55 AM
Jerry,
Good to hear that news. I am in agreement with you in that one must a period of time before
announcing that it is fixed.
You might find this utility helpful, its called TCPview. Lets you look at what ports are being
used and what programs are associated with them.
May pay to run it and see if you spot something using the port you had originally.

Regards
Les

Jerrymc3
06-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Les

I ran TCPview and it listed 2 system entries for port 8092. I started SIOC and it had 3 entries on port 8099. All seems to be well so far.

System 4 TCP COCKPIT-0 8092 COCKPIT-0 0 LISTENING
System 4 TCPV6 cockpit-0 8092 cockpit-0 0 LISTENING

sioc.exe 6208 TCP COCKPIT-0 8099 COCKPIT-0 0 LISTENING 1,155 31,185
sioc.exe 6208 UDP COCKPIT-0 8099 * *
sioc.exe 6208 TCP COCKPIT-0 8099 localhost 49906 ESTABLISHED 2 22 3 35

Thanks
Jerry

iwik
06-28-2015, 11:45 PM
Jerry,
Be interesting if you get the problem again is to run TCPview and see if there is any clashes.
Windows has a habit of changing things and can cause all kinds of strife. Lets just keep our
fingers crossed that that's the end.
Les