PDA

View Full Version : DC-10 throttle quadrant

md11pilot11
02-24-2015, 09:13 AM
I am beginning my build of a DC-10 throttle quadrant. I am still in the planning phase but i own the quadrant. should i buy and arduino or a bodnar chip? Also if i would like to motorize the spoiler handle and the throttle levers for autothrottle what types of motors should i be looking for. Also how would i relay the simulator signal back to the motors to power the auto throttles?

Geremy Britton
03-01-2015, 01:56 PM
If you decide to use a Bodnar card ensure it's the X version as that controls axis. (ie. pots) I would recommend it. You may need to fabricate a mechanism to attach to the throttle to convert the lever movement to the rotation of the potentiometer.
You may also want to investigate slide pots.

md11pilot11
03-01-2015, 02:27 PM
If you decide to use a Bodnar card ensure it's the X version as that controls axis. (ie. pots) I would recommend it. You may need to fabricate a mechanism to attach to the throttle to convert the lever movement to the rotation of the potentiometer.
You may also want to investigate slide pots.

Hi, i ended up going with the arduino mega 2560 will this work? and also do you have any links to places where i could buy slide pots?