PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGS B38

Pages : 1 [2]

jeehell
04-13-2015, 05:10 PM
@Asessa: others seem to have the backlight working correctly with cockpitsonic modules and latest updateed version?
Regarding the radio spacing, if you want to use 8.33kHz spacing, in your FMGS server\PERF\PA320\aircraft.ini look for the Spacing833 line and change it to
Spacing833=yes
or add the line if it does not exist.

@Netserv: maybe graphics card drivers? ATI or nvidia chipset?

JL

asessa
04-13-2015, 05:23 PM
@Asessa: others seem to have the backlight working correctly with cockpitsonic modules and latest updateed version?
Regarding the radio spacing, if you want to use 8.33kHz spacing, in your FMGS server\PERF\PA320\aircraft.ini look for the Spacing833 line and change it to
Spacing833=yes
or add the line if it does not exist.

JL

Thank you for the radio (on vatsim there are many station on 8.33Khz spacing).

For the backlight i don't know if there are someone using Cockpit Sonic ....

jeehell
04-13-2015, 05:34 PM
some peope have some modules from cockpitsonic. Leonidas and Tcane have ECAMp and/or radio modules from them. There was a little bug in a previous release, but the last update has fixed it (check a few posts earlier).

JL

asessa
04-13-2015, 05:51 PM
i checked it... so, i can try to reinstall a full 38.8 maybe...

OmniAtlas
04-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Hello, has anyone had issues with Approach phase not auto-activating in the last few betas?

Thank you.

asessa
04-14-2015, 11:56 AM
Hello, has anyone had issues with Approach phase not auto-activating in the last few betas?

Thank you.

I have not noticed yesterday because i aciveted it manually, sorry

ps.
Do you have CockpitSonic hardware?

netserv
04-14-2015, 01:23 PM
@JL

Thanks for the tipps, but no success. Tried 3 other adapters, all with correct drivers. Also onboard VGA. White displays are coming as soon as the WideFsServer starts and data is sent.

I returned to B38.6, and guess what?
It worked again properly. Anywhere in the blog i read about white displays, but those were standby instruments as far as I remember. So if I am the only one with this behavior, just forget it.

Okay, I cannot solve it, I change the Motherboard, I have some spare boards on the shelf.. ;-)

greetings, Guenther

brianwilliamson
04-14-2015, 08:51 PM
All ok now. The problem ended up being a faulty download of 38.8

Finally discovered the problem and a new update and all seems well.

Will post all my findings on the new WideView setup when I finish all the testing.

Cheers..................Brian W.

Airmichel
04-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Hello JL,

I hope you can help me!
What is the right way to install two MCDUs? In the JeehellWare.txt I have the following registered:

Var 1, name key, Link USB_KEYS, Device 2

Var 2, name keyfo, Link USB_KEYS, Device 4

I have no chance to configure the second MCDU with Sioc Creator.
When I push a Button to configure (example LSK1) the Software jumps next to Button LSK5 or RSK2.
With the first MCDU is the configuration no problem.
Must I change something in the Key.ini?

best regards

Micha

jeehell
04-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Micha,

The CPT and FO MCDU use exactly the same code for the key detection, so I think you should first try to check if you hardware MCDU does not have any issue... You may try the CPT MCDU as the FO MCDU to cross check that.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
04-17-2015, 02:05 AM
For some reason now I am unable to enter the ALT into managed mode (dot) prior to take off.

Sidesticks, throttles are all setup correctly. Spd and heading are able to be selected into managed mode. A flight plan is entered into the MCDU.

I can enter managed mode on ALT only after take off.

Does anyone have any idea why I am unable to prime the FCU correctly prior to take off (--- dot --- dot dot ---)

Thank you.

filippoporcari
04-17-2015, 02:23 AM
i do confirm ben,
same behaviour here!
skalarki hardware...thought it was hardware related but when i was able after takeoff started thinking it could be soft related.
regards
fil

stefangr
04-17-2015, 03:18 AM
i do confirm ben,
same behaviour here!
skalarki hardware...thought it was hardware related but when i was able after takeoff started thinking it could be soft related.
regards
fil

+1, the same here.

Thanks
Stefan

Leonidas
04-17-2015, 12:42 PM
For some reason now I am unable to enter the ALT into managed mode (dot) prior to take off.
Sidesticks, throttles are all setup correctly. Spd and heading are able to be selected into managed mode. A flight plan is entered into the MCDU.
I can enter managed mode on ALT only after take off.
Does anyone have any idea why I am unable to prime the FCU correctly prior to take off (--- dot --- dot dot ---)
Thank you.

+1
I've mentioned it already in post #237. My FCU is CPFlight...

OmniAtlas
04-17-2015, 01:00 PM
I do not use a hardware FCU at this point, so it must be on the software end, or a configuration problem on my end?

I have also noticed the green line on the ND is solid, but right after you rotate the aircraft the solid green line turns to dash, before flickering back to a solid green line.

The green line should remain solid color throughout rotation from watching real life A320 takeoff videos.

immaging
04-18-2015, 07:03 AM
Hi JL,

A little answer...
In the offset doc, i d'nt see the list of the offset for a swithcing system on the pedestal. its removed?

Tks in advance..

Daniele

jeehell
04-18-2015, 07:17 AM
Hi,

I don't think I ever added offsets for these, I'll try to add them in next version.

Regards,
JL

ToTom
04-18-2015, 02:24 PM
You are right I did not experience any S-turn. I will disconnect AT next time. Also I maybe should not deploy spoilers in turbulence.

Thanks anyway. I have a lot of fun.

Pierre
Regarding turbulence, I found an interesting document:
http://www.airbus.com/support/publications/?eID=maglisting_push&tx_maglisting_pi1%5BdocID%5D=18319
"Severe turbulence - Flight crew procedures (...) disconnect auto-throttle to prevent auto-throttle activity"

jeehell
04-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Hello everyone,

Latest update is available:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B38.9.exe

There was a change in the air file of the flight model, so be sure you accept the copying of the files into your FS/P3D folders. or do it manually.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
04-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Airbus climbs like a fighter jet with the latest update and model... V/S of 6000+

Will do more testing.

tcane
04-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Hi Jl,
didnīt update yet to your last Version Update, but when i start the Configure Control i got a Warning Message with the following text: Acess violation at adress 00000000. Read of a adress 00000000.
Maybe this is still fixed with your new Version (is it?)... just for your Info..

Regards
Florian

janinp
04-21-2015, 04:35 AM
Regarding turbulence, I found an interesting document:
http://www.airbus.com/support/publications/?eID=maglisting_push&tx_maglisting_pi1%5BdocID%5D=18319
"Severe turbulence - Flight crew procedures (...) disconnect auto-throttle to prevent auto-throttle activity"

Thanks Totom, very interesting article. Cannot wait to test this under severe turbulence. I use OpusFSI as a weather engine.

Pierre

netserv
04-22-2015, 10:26 AM
Thanks JL!

I have a question, testing my DLL... It is accepted by hardware connect and loaded.
Then hardware connect reports "Fmap timer failed, code -1" in the application window.
No idea what it could be.

thanks for a hint!
Guenther

brianwilliamson
04-22-2015, 07:39 PM
Have had 38.6 running ok and installed 38.9 but all said connected ok but the CPFlight FCU even though it says connected would not show any buttons connected at all but backlighting ok. Was not connected to the internet for updates. Notice on installing the 38.9 that the Configure Controls came on on first startup, but all squares were ok, I presume from the previous version.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Regards.................Brian W.

brianwilliamson
04-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Ok went back and then connected to the internet and there was an upgrade. The first attempt to upgrade failed half way through the install. Then went back and did the upgrade again and all worked .

I am not sure of why this is happening with the upgrades, but I seem to have a lot of problems with the connection stalling, so whether this is a local problem or not, or one further afield I am not sure.

Only brief thing that still is not working is the FCU buttons for Airports/ NDB's/ waypoints etc.etc.

Regards..............Brian W.

jeehell
04-23-2015, 04:42 AM
Hi,

@Netserv: this means there is an exception during one of the API calls, which is caught. The following API calls are not made.

@Brian: strange that you have issues with EFIS. Is that on both sides?

Regards,
JL

Miatanet
04-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Hi JL
something is wrong with the updater. It seems that is trying to download some strange file (WideFMGS\WideFMGS). Could you check if it is to the right .exe?

BR
Stefan

brianwilliamson
04-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks JL. Both sides not working as I just went out to check it. The only button working are the Constraints.
Regards.............Brian W.

Miatanet
04-26-2015, 06:53 AM
Hi JL
something is wrong with the updater. It seems that is trying to download some strange file (WideFMGS\WideFMGS). Could you check if it is to the right .exe?

BR
Stefan

EDIT:
All fine now, reinstalled from listed download in that threat.
BR
Stefan

Niklas
04-27-2015, 09:47 AM
Hi JL,

is it possible to Upload a change log (.txt/.pdf/...)? I dont read every post, so it is easy to know the changes in every version.

Thx
Niklas

jeehell
04-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Does it really mean the readme shown after both the installer and the updater is useless??

Dan320
04-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Does it really mean the readme shown after both the installer and the updater is useless??

Not at all!!

Greetings Daniel

Niklas
04-27-2015, 12:57 PM
No. Sorry. I mean you may can link or post exactly that in the first post. I donīt want to update in every "dot" version, if that is not necessary for me.

Regards,
Niklas

OmniAtlas
04-28-2015, 02:43 AM
No. Sorry. I mean you may can link or post exactly that in the first post. I donīt want to update in every "dot" version, if that is not necessary for me.

Regards,
Niklas

Don't turn on auto-update; I suggest you update first on another computer which is not your main flight sim so you can read the notes?

I try and update the website with the latest details, but JL publishes bug fixes so quickly, sometimes I can't keep up :)

Jerec
04-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Hi all,

i dont have any problems with all updates, since i use following procedure:

1. Rename actual version to A320FMGS_3xx
2. Install new version to A320FMGS (so all shortcuts stay functional)
3. Copy starter.ini and all cfgs (EIS,joy...) to new version
4. Import terraindata with extractor (btw. is it possible to simply copy folders?)
5. Compile navdata ith starting starter.exe without sim and wait until completed
6. Same procedure on client
7. Test new version and give it some time. When having heavy issues you can simply start older version on your backup folders and wait, until a fix is posted.

I do this since version 31.1 and it worked very well for me. I donīt have any issues, that are mostly solved by clean install, because i cannot have any files, that are not used in actual version and probably cause issues.

Best regards Henrik

Beaufort
04-29-2015, 03:30 PM
Hi Jl,
didnīt update yet to your last Version Update, but when i start the Configure Control i got a Warning Message with the following text: Acess violation at adress 00000000. Read of a adress 00000000.
Maybe this is still fixed with your new Version (is it?)... just for your Info..

Regards
Florian

+1 since B38.7, now B38.9 (clean install) with todayīs update. As long as I do not click the window away, the OVHD on a networked PC does not connect. After clicking away the window all runs normally.
Regards Rainer

jeehell
04-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Hi,

The error message in FMGS config probably comes from an hardware module. Which one do you have installed?

By the way, the 39.0 is out, closing this thread, and discussion moves to:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29393

Regards,
JL