PDA

View Full Version : SquawBox

johncor
01-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Hi, anyone know how I should go about this. I run fs9 on two networked computers using wideview. Server PC has outside views and panels ,while client PC has outside views only .When flying online with vatsim I use squawkbox on the server PC and obviously see traffic and weather on the 3 outside view monitors.I would also like to see the same traffic and weather on the 2 client PC outside view monitors. I ran squawkbox on both machines but that does not work. Is widefs the way to go ? ,and if so ,how is this accomplished, keeping in mind fs is running on both machines .Any insight would be greatly appreciated , John.

yoss
01-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Hmm , i think you have to run FSX and some additional wideview soft named Widetraffic, not available for fs9 in order to achieve that

www.wideview.it/download.htm

Yossi

johncor
01-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Hi Yossi , I know it's 2015 and I'm still running fs 2004 .But I have some much invested in addons that are not compatible with fsx ,so I will hang on a while longer before i go down the xplane or prepar3d route. As I have already mentioned I,m already using wideview which is fantastic, gives me 180 degrees surounrd view with 5 monitors. Pity I can't somehow set it up to see traffic and weather on squawkbox. Ah well ! I guess you can't have it all. Thank's anyway for your input, cheers, John.

yoss
01-26-2015, 02:03 PM
Hi John
I alsow still using the Fs9 :) for same reasons
As far i remember ,the weather with wideview not a problem , as the sinc of AI traffic
There was some AI traffic module for online traffic, do not remember now ,the name as did not used Vatsim for long time
Anyway, i will send you PM with my local phone number and fell free to call
me anytime

Yossi