PDA

View Full Version : How to make a throttle lever turn softly

tobelerone
12-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Hello guys,

I am building a throttle lever. I found a lot of good examples here.
It's all working now but the movement is too easy. I tried to use bolts and washers but eventually that will loosen over time.
In joysticks they often have a oil damper for the little throttle levers - that would be perfect!

Does anyone know where to get this stuff?

Thanks!

jonesthesoftware
12-07-2014, 10:16 AM
You could use dual acting gas struts, these are stay put struts like you find on your car
regards
geoff

[

QUOTE=tobelerone;153610]Hello guys,

It's all working now but the movement is too easy. I tried to use bolts and washers but eventually that will loosen over time.
In joysticks they often have a oil damper for the little throttle levers - that would be perfect!

Thanks!

9714[/QUOTE]

tobelerone
12-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Yes, I thought of that. But for space reasons a rotary damper would be nice. They are built into Cassete and CD-Players for example. Just what are they called and where can you get it?

Westozy
12-09-2014, 12:03 AM
In my TQs the bottom of the lever is disc shaped, on this disc I glue 6mm cork to act as a friction plate then another pressure plate is loaded against the cork with a spring which is around the pivot axle. it is all compact and within the throttle housing. My pressure plate is also driven by a 12VDC motor for auto throttle drive, it provides two functions and works very well! Cheers Gwyn

davemuir
12-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Hello guys,

Thanks!

9714hi
i use 2 empty syringes about 4 inches long and about an inch in diameter
They work great ,I just attach 2 rods to the push part on the syringe and the other end through a hole in the lower tq handles -
the 2 syringes that are empty are then fastened to the inside of the front panel on the tq box the dampening effect is great and not expensive ��
cheers
Dave

davemuir
12-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Hello guys,

Thanks!

9714hi
i use 2 empty syringes about 4 inches long and about an inch in diameter
They work great ,I just attach 2 rods to the push part on the syringe and the other end through a hole in the lower tq handles -
the 2 syringes that are empty are then fastened to the inside of the front panel on the tq box the dampening effect is great and not expensive 😄
cheers
Dave

tobelerone
12-15-2014, 02:07 PM
These are some good ideas! I like the syringe idea, I'll give it a try. Thanks guys!