PDA

View Full Version : PMDG 777 Homecockpit

Roarkr
10-03-2014, 05:54 PM
You can now start building your HomeCockpit based on the PMDG 777 flight model using Opencockpits hardware modules and OCP4777X driver software.

All PMDG SDK Variables and Events are fully integrated into the OCP4777X driver and can be hooked up to Opencockpits Output/inputs modules.

All Variables and and Events are mapped over to SIOC offsets for easy scripting.

A typical cockpit can be built with only 1 PC running all hardware/software and all monitors.

Scripts to use MCP, EFIS, CDU and COM are available now. All other cockpit functions can be set up via Opencockpits SIOC scripting language.

Use of OCP4777X must comply to PMDG's EULA and are only for non-commercial and personal usage.

More info at www.flightsim4fun.com (http://www.flightsim4fun.com/)

Avro748
10-04-2014, 01:18 AM
Are there any plans to integrate with the MD11 and JS4100?

Roarkr
10-04-2014, 04:31 AM
Are there any plans to integrate with the MD11 and JS4100?

Not at the moment, but who knows what the future brings.

dodiano
10-06-2014, 10:35 PM
That is amazing news!! First Level D now this!! Great work!

Kennair
10-07-2014, 12:05 AM
That's great news Roar, it will open up a whole world of possibilities for home builders. Next is to get a fully networked version to run the avionics on separate PC's like iFly's 737.

Ken.

Roarkr
10-07-2014, 05:42 AM
That's great news Roar, it will open up a whole world of possibilities for home builders. Next is to get a fully networked version to run the avionics on separate PC's like iFly's 737.

Ken.

Why do you need more than one PC. I have never understood that, when you can run everything smooth on One PC

Roar

Kennair
10-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Why do you need more than one PC. I have never understood that, when you can run everything smooth on One PC

Roar

Then you obviously haven't tried running a full cockpit. Try undocking several views to give separated PFD, ND, EICAS (upper and lower), CDU plus outside views. PMDG running on any PC will grind to a hault. The only way to achieve this is to use network avionics such as Prosim, Sim-Avionics or PM.

Ken.

Roarkr
10-16-2014, 03:52 AM
Then you obviously haven't tried running a full cockpit. Try undocking several views to give separated PFD, ND, EICAS (upper and lower), CDU plus outside views. PMDG running on any PC will grind to a hault. The only way to achieve this is to use network avionics such as Prosim, Sim-Avionics or PM.

Ken.

My cockpit have all instrument displays, but the CDU2, there I have a dummy. My external view is not 180, but a 1080ST monitor at 1920-1200. I have REX,FTX +++ enhanced airports etc. Running everything fine with external view at 20 - 50 FPS in PD3v2 with most sliders all the way to right. 1 PC with PMDG B737NGX flight model and displays and my OCP4NGX driver for Opencockpits.

Works very well.