PDA

View Full Version : AUTOTHROTTLE for TURBO PROPS

manhattan
09-30-2014, 10:52 AM
I am starting to fly online, and I need to maintain a specific speed as directed by ATC. At the moment this is proving to be difficult whilst attending to other aspects of flying and I wondered if anyone knows how to apply an autothrottle to a turboprop (I fly a Twin Otter),
I have looked on the net, but with not much help! I presume that the aircraft cfg and the air file are involved?
I would really appreciate some advice.

Many thanks.

TONY Plymouth UK

badbill65
09-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Auto Throttle systems are never fitted to turbo props, due to the fact props have variable pitch blades.

manhattan
10-01-2014, 03:41 AM
I am starting to fly online, and I need to maintain a specific speed as directed by ATC. At the moment this is proving to be difficult whilst attending to other aspects of flying and I wondered if anyone knows how to apply an autothrottle to a turboprop (I fly a Twin Otter),
I have looked on the net, but with not much help! I presume that the aircraft cfg and the air file are involved?
I would really appreciate some advice.

Many thanks.

TONY Plymouth UK

Of course, REAL aircraft cannot use A/T, but I understand that SIMULATED aircraft CAN? This is due to the fact that the plane is not REAL and is simply governed by the function of a computer?
I have found some suggestions, but none that work with the Otter!

An ideas anyone?

TON