PDA

View Full Version : Need to use USB and Ethernet with FSSymphony

Pfischer
09-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Hello,

I have a question about connectivity. For my cockpit I plan on using FSSymphony. FSSymphony used ethernet Pokeys not usb. Trouble is I have three devices that are plug and play USB connection. My MCP, EFIS and TQ are all USB plug and play. How can I use FSSymphony with these if it's looking for ethernet connection? I'm new to this stuff so I have no idea how all this works. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

AZWildk4t
01-05-2015, 07:07 PM
You can't use FSSymphony for USB, only Ethernet. Do you have ProSim? It's suppose to work with the USB version. Actually for my EFIS and most functions of the MCP I used 2 Leo Bodnar cards and mapped to PMDG offsets using LINDA. For the MCP, I have everything working except the LEDs to illuminate when LNAV, VNAV, etc are pushed. According to Leo Bodnar's team, I can get them working if I use a 'latched tactile switch'. I plan to pick one up and give it a try.

Delphi
01-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Paul,
FSSymphony does not effect any of your USB devices. You can use all your USB devices as you use them already. For additional interfacing you can use PoKeys56E/57E. Why do you think you can not use your USB devices anymore if you connect a PoKeys Ethernet device?

Ruediger

matigoal
01-07-2015, 05:51 AM
I think, the Speed of Ethernet is very slow.

htc desire eye hülle (http://www.hulle6.com/category-htc-desire-eye-zubehoer-159.html)

Delphi
01-07-2015, 06:10 AM
Speed of Ethernet is very slow??? Please explain. Thats new to me.

Ruediger