PDA

View Full Version : FCU

Beaufort
08-17-2014, 09:21 AM
I would like to add a hardware FCU to my installation. I think about Skalarki or CP Flight. Could users of these products give any advice which one to prefer?
Is it correct, that the Skalarki FCU needs a VGA connection (as I read) or is that (as I believe) mixed up with the MCDU?
I have good experiences with the CP Flight 737 MCP+EFIS; does anyone of You use the CP Flight FCU successfully with JeeHell?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

OmniAtlas
08-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Heres what I've researched so far --

There are 3 available FCU on the market (I am sure there are more, but these are the most popular ones) --

Flight Deck Solutions - $2500 CAD, which includes the main FCU unit, and 2x EFIS. FDS has their own glareshield and MIP which should fit their unit perfectly. I have heard their units are very 'heavy' tactile.

Skalarki - 900 GBP (I thought it was 750 GBP, increase in price for the 2014 units?), this includes the main FCU unit and 2x EFIS. Skalarki does not have a built glareshield to fit the unit (as mentioned on the website it has to be built into a glareshield), but I believe Vier Im Pott (a partner company) will be building a MIP and glareshield to custom fit Skalarki electronics.

CP Flight - 1549 EURO, this includes the main FCU unit and 2x EFIS. I have experience with their 737 MCP and can vouch for their quality. Simparts (http://www.simparts.de/) makes a custom frame to fit the CP Flight parts, but I do not know if fit any other glareshield, MIP.

I am considering purchasing the FDS A320 MIP and glareshield because there is no other current vendor which produces a complete solution. However the FDS FCU is quite pricey, and was wondering if the CP Flight (or Skalarki?) unit would also fit their glareshield.

In terms of driver support Jeehell has confirmed all 3 will work with FMGS. The Skalarki FCU I believe needs to be programmed to a certain avionics software by its firmware before it will work; and this is done when you purchase the device.

Regards.

flykarli
08-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Hi Beaufort!

I use an FCU from Skalarki for a year and am very satisfied. Also works with Jeehell over the Sakalarki Profier. Particularly noteworthy is the support. I have very good experience with it and the price is also ok. For the Glairwings the electrical connection of pushbuttons and LEDs is provided. If you have a bit of skillful this Glairwings you can also build your own.
A VGA connection is not necessary.
greetings from Vienna
Karl

SSO
08-18-2014, 10:17 AM
In terms of driver support Jeehell has confirmed all 3 will work with FMGS. The Skalarki FCU I believe needs to be programmed to a certain avionics software by its firmware before it will work; and this is done when you purchase the device.

Regards.
I also have the Skalarki FCU+CPT EFIS (latest version). Great build. New website with new pricelist just came up last week.

You connect Skalarki FCU+EFIS via the Skalarki profiler. Same with his I/O boards for overhead or pedestal.
You select a hardware profile which is associated with a particular aircraft our of currently 3.
No need to update firmware for each change - just select a different profile.
However know that there is currently no way of choosing to link up to other aircraft than the 3 by yourself. This limitation is making me look at what other options exist, although I would prefer to have all Skalarki with an open interface.

/Stephen

eltschie
08-20-2014, 05:14 AM
@OmniAtlas
What about the FCU unit from fscockpit.eu ? Any expierence about this item?

Best regards

Joerg

Miatanet
08-20-2014, 05:39 AM
Hi Beauford
Using Skalarki FCU and 2x EFIS (also ECAM, lower PED, Landing Gear and Auto Break Panel). I just can confirm that this solid work from Marcin is outstanding and satisfying as ****. Easy to implement with FMGS, support is quick and outstanding too.
I can' t compair to other FCU vendor's but I am absolutely happy with Marcin's parts.

Best
Stefan

OmniAtlas
08-20-2014, 11:31 AM
@OmniAtlas
What about the FCU unit from fscockpit.eu ? Any expierence about this item?

Best regards

Joerg

Sorry Joerg, no idea.

flykarli
08-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Before I bought the FCU of Skalarki I had a Mini Panel (Panel Lighting) from Fs cockpit. In principle, a very good job but the delivery times were to madness. About five months it took. And the support is not very. Later turned out that I still need additional software for it. So I can only recommend Skalarki super support (answers every mail) and delivery times are ok.
regards
Karl