PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 747-400 Throttles???

luxair_ca
08-14-2014, 05:48 AM
Hello everybody

did anybody ever produced some B747-400 throttle levers (except FDS, which have the same price tag than a new car ;) )

I am looking for a throttle quad, incl. speedbrake and flaps, for the 744

Many thanks for your help

brgds

Marc

enela
08-14-2014, 08:14 AM
Hi Marc
send a mail to Dodiano alias throttletek.com:cool:
he can help you...
rakouth

luxair_ca
08-14-2014, 11:52 AM
hi

that what i did already...but i would like to see the finished product before ordering it
Marc

Westozy
02-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Hello everybody

did anybody ever produced some B747-400 throttle levers (except FDS, which have the same price tag than a new car ;) )

Marc

No offence Marc but I think it might be worth having a another think about the price flight simulator parts provided by professional vendors. In particular FDS are top of the tree and producers of seriously good quality components. The last time I made a set of B747 handles I think the drawing, purchasing of materials, machining, painting and final assembly took about 30 hours. You may end up with 4 small plastic parts in your hand but ask yourself what you would like to be paid for performing 30 hours of work, it puts it all into perspective. I currently try to aim for a minimum of $60 per hour in my hobby business venture to make it worthwhile. If a customer balks at my quote for custom components they will not be my customer, full stop. I know your comment was made tongue in cheek and not really offensive towards FDS but I wish every potential parts customer could see the bigger picture. A motor mechanic will charge you $100 an hour to change the oil in your car and here you are seeking highly specialized components from a very limited number of suppliers! We are all very fortunate to have skilled engineers giving up there time to provide parts for what is a very niche hobby!

Cheers Gwyn Perrett
Forum Moderator & owner of Aerosim Solutions

dodiano
03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Here is the new 747 Throttle have a couple of videos on my youtube channel.

Regards