PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGS B35

Pages : [1] 2

jeehell
08-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Hello all,

I just release the newest version, B35.1:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B35.1.exe

The biggest changes concerns the joystick management. Until now, only 6 axes and 32 buttons could be dectected per controller as I used an older Windows access to the game controllers.
I switched to the DirectInput APi, which nows allows the software to detect joysticks with up to 8 axes and 128 buttons (which I think is the maximum for HID joysticks...).

Previous controllers configurations will be lost. You MUST reconfigure the joysticks before launching the software !!!!
There is STRICTLY NO WAY to keep the old configurations, no need to ask for that.

Update should be working on the update channel as well.

Best regards,
JL

jeehell
08-02-2014, 12:29 PM
And the latest PDF guides:

Installation guide: http://www.jeehell.org/EN - Installation Guide.pdf
User guide: http://www.jeehell.org/EN - User Guide.pdf

Cheers,
JL

Fritz
08-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Hi JeeHell,

thanks for the new version.

The chapter Offset Table and Opencockpits SIOC integration are not included in the new User Guide.
Will there also be a new User Guide for Advanced Users or were there no changes?

Best regards.

jeehell
08-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Hi Fritz,

There probably will be a new advanced user guide sometimes in the future.
I will try to quickly make a new offset table (maybe by tomorrow). They haven't changed though, so if you have an old user guide with the table inside it still fits (I think there is one on Ben's website).

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
08-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks JL -- I haven't had time to test the new update, but I have updated the website to the most current version. Documentation should also link to the pdfs above.

Website is accessible at http://flightsystem.wix.com/airbus

Currently looking for webmaster who would also like to share responsibility in running this community shared resource. Please message me if you are interested!

Cheers.

jeehell
08-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Hi,

The FSUIPC offsets table: http://www.jeehell.org/Offsets.pdf
As a reminder, you need FSUIPC support installed on the main computer (it's an option during installation).

Regards,
JL

immaging
08-04-2014, 04:41 AM
Hi All !

New sound pack For FS Cokpit Hardware user and for a future release of JLFMGS platform.
In detail :
-- Battery Switch ON Sound
-- Call AFT Sound
-- Call ALL Sound
-- Call FWD Sound
-- Call MECH Sound
-- PACK 1 Switch ON Sound ( 3 Parts .. Initial ,Loop, Final).
Link for Download Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubdoc9nfje5dhz5/FS_Sound.rar

Sound Recorded and optimized for FSX & P3D V1-V2

Regards

Daniele

stefangr
08-05-2014, 02:30 AM
Hi Daniele,

thanks for your sounds. Can these only be used for FS Cockpit hardware users or is there the chance to integrate them as well for others?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
08-05-2014, 05:25 AM
Hello Daniele,

Very nice sounds once again! Had been a long time since we heard about you :-)
I'l ltry to add those sounds in my sound module in a few weeks.
Right now I'm reworking the navdata sharing accross applications (to solve the ND not displaying the VORS/FIXes etc).

Best regards,
JL

Migelito
08-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Hello Jeehell, Danielle and all!

If you work on the sound, please let me give two suggestions:

1.) To implement air condition sound is a great idea, it is really remarkable in RW and would add more realism.
Please keep in mind, that APU bleed or ENG bleed is needed in addition to the Pack switches and it automatically goes off with the ENG MODE selector is in start or in crank.

2.) A wave file called "combustion" is started at eng light up. Could you start this file at the end of engine start up, so we could implement a eng start sound, in which the combustion sound starts soft at light up and reaches idle loudness at the end of eng start?

Maybe you now that all and it is just one piece in a huge project, but the "simulation impression or feeling" would rise.

Thanks for all your efforts
Michael

immaging
08-06-2014, 04:16 AM
Hi All,

In the new release of Sound i reworked all file, new flap sound , engine start and idle , and a new sound for the engine in not "idle",
used in case ATHR disengaged , aural sincro "wowow"sound ( very difficult to explain this...!!).
New gear sound and minor fix for P3d.
Stay tuned !! ready to download at end of august.

Regards

Daniele

stefangr
08-06-2014, 05:38 AM
Hi Daniele,

very interesting! Just one question for my understanding: Will these sounds be integrated in JL software or in FS (aircraft sound folder) or a mixture of both? If in FS, will they also work in FS9? I am still using FS9 and I know that there have been quite a few changes in the sound.cfg in FSX/P3D.

Thanks
Stefan

immaging
08-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Hi Stefan & all,

The new release has only the sounds to the sound folder of fs or P3d.
the reported link in dropbox is now integrated are users of the 'hardware FS, and in the future in the sound folder of JL.
regarding FS9 is compatible except for the sound APU, which is not manageable.

Regards

Daniele

jeehell
08-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Hello Daniele,

I'll soon email you concerning your work on the sounds, I have some ideas to discuss with you :)
But first I need to finish some work on the navdata issue :)

JL

immaging
08-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Hello JL,

OK ... I remaining Tuned !! :)

OmniAtlas
08-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Hi All !

New sound pack For FS Cokpit Hardware user and for a future release of JLFMGS platform.
In detail :
-- Battery Switch ON Sound
-- Call AFT Sound
-- Call ALL Sound
-- Call FWD Sound
-- Call MECH Sound
-- PACK 1 Switch ON Sound ( 3 Parts .. Initial ,Loop, Final).
Link for Download Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubdoc9nfje5dhz5/FS_Sound.rar

Sound Recorded and optimized for FSX & P3D V1-V2

Regards

Daniele

Thank you for the sound update Daniele. I will be anticipating when it can be added to FMGS (by default?)

Regards.

OmniAtlas
08-06-2014, 10:43 PM
JL -- just did a new install of 35.0 -- I can't setup the joysticks -- I get an access violation with joystick.dll.

jeehell
08-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Hi Ben,

That is strange. Try to get/reinstall the latest DirectX version http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=directx

JL

OmniAtlas
08-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Hi Ben,

That is strange. Try to get/reinstall the latest DirectX version http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=directx

JL

Hi JL -- i worked it out -- the error will appear if you dont' have any joysticks plugged in (which I didn't at the time).

Its a reoccuring dialog box.

Thanks.

turbovela
08-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Hi JL and guys,

first of all I would like to thank JL for an amazing product. I have a small issue, I am testing the JeeHell software between two computers for now, in the main FS computer I have installed the Capt ND and PFD as well as all the stdby instruments, spun module, main server, while on the second computer I installed the FCU, FO EFIS, FO ND and PFD, the EWSD and overhead. Everything works great, I setup the MCDUs and the aircraft, start the engines and takeoff, a few feet off the ground everything is working fine, but a few seconds into the takeoff phase, the second with the FO displays and FCU and overhead freezes and I cannot even restart the computer without manually holding down the power button, but the main computer with the server continues to run without any hiccups. Any idea on this issue?

Jose

OmniAtlas
08-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Hi JL and guys,

Everything works great, I setup the MCDUs and the aircraft, start the engines and takeoff, a few feet off the ground everything is working fine, but a few seconds into the takeoff phase, the second with the FO displays and FCU and overhead freezes and I cannot even restart the computer without manually holding down the power button, but the main computer with the server continues to run without any hiccups. Any idea on this issue?

Jose

Hi Jose, have you tried running all the JL modules from one computer first to see if there are any issues?

Regards, Ben

turbovela
08-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Ben,

i have not...I will try that tomorrow and will report.

thanks

Jose

turbovela
08-10-2014, 03:19 PM
There is no problem with JeeHell, now I believe is my second computer, maybe it's running out of memory in the process, I'll have to double check. One more question though, I am using the BU0836X for inputs and the opencockpits output card with SIOC for LED outputs, but I ran into one small issue. There is not an offset for SPD, HDG, VSI and ALT inc and dec, therefore I cannot assign it through FSUIPC. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Jose

SSO
08-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi Jean Luc,
More stable version than I have seen before. :-)
Seems like the Descent planning is improved.
One thing I have noticed a couple of times is on SIDS with Intercept as part of the procedure, the math does not find a correct solution and the interception point is way off. May be many 100 nm out. I guess it all comes down to the expected turn radius, which perhaps is too high thereby leading to a "non-solution" of the intercept equation, because there is no problem following the SID when in the air.
Tonight I had the issue at PAJN rwy 08 on the JUN5 departure towards with transition to LVD VOR (south east of PAJN).

/Stephen

SSO
08-11-2014, 04:17 AM
Another thing I noticed when flying the Autopilot CAT I ILS11Y at PAKT with a wind of 140/13 was that the approach was 2/3 of a dot off on the leeward side of the approach. It was constant.
Could be a matter of different magnetic heading between P3D and JeeHell DB - due to being so far north. Dont quite know.
Thoughts anyone?

/Stephen

Space
08-11-2014, 04:03 PM
I have a question to the LDG ELEV AUTO function at the Lights Panel of the Overhead section. I use Skalarki IO. Can i use 10k Poti or do i have to use a switch knob with several positions?

Andy

jeehell
08-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi,

@SSO: I'll try to give it a try when I have the time.

@Space: I do not know how this particulat encoder is handled by Skalarki profiler. You'll have to ask him...

Regards,
JL

mauroA320pilot
08-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Hi Jeehell. I'm new in your forum. i like your software. I'm an A320 family Captain in Colombia. At your service!
regards

mauricio

Miatanet
08-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi JL,
can't configure my thrust lever. Using Saitek Quadrant and "Use one axis and switch acts as full reverse option in that window it works fine. When going to configure controls to set up TOGA/FLX/CL/IDLE it works but when trying to configure REV IDLE or MAX REV I cant set anything, before it countered to negative value when pressing the switch after idle position. Idle is max value of 65535 and TOGA 0.

Can someone can give me a hint?
Best regards
Stefan

SSO
08-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Stefan,

As you can see in my other post on the subject it is VERY tricky.
What I have ended up doing is:
Set Idle to 1900 +/- 2000.
Set reverse idle to -2000 +/-1900.
When setting reverse idle, the counter will run 0, 1000, 2000, 3000 etc to 65000. You need to press the APPLY button when it passes the 2000. I think I had to try 20 times per throttle to get my timing exactly right.
That is why I requested that the values could be manually overrided rather than only reading the pot input.

Have fun ;-)

Miatanet
08-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Stefan,

As you can see in my other post on the subject it is VERY tricky.
What I have ended up doing is:
Set Idle to 1900 +/- 2000.
Set reverse idle to -2000 +/-1900.
When setting reverse idle, the counter will run 0, 1000, 2000, 3000 etc to 65000. You need to press the APPLY button when it passes the 2000. I think I had to try 20 times per throttle to get my timing exactly right.
That is why I requested that the values could be manually overrided rather than only reading the pot input.

Have fun ;-)

Hi Stephen
the problem is that it does not counter as before. When chosing rev. Position and moving the lever it does not change the value. I do not remember if idle value was zero before.

Best
stefan

SSO
08-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Hi Stephen
the problem is that it does not counter as before. When chosing rev. Position and moving the lever it does not change the value. I do not remember if idle value was zero before.

Best
stefan
Did you reassign your switch buttons?
You should see the slider move between -65000 to zero to 65500 at the bottom of the complex joy assignment window.
That part works fine for me.

Miatanet
08-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Did you reassign your switch buttons?
You should see the slider move between -65000 to zero to 65500 at the bottom of the complex joy assignment window.
That part works fine for me.

Reassigned the switches but as I said, my Idle position is 65500 not ZERO, my TOGO is Zero, when in complex window it just counts from 65500 to 0, when pressing the switch its jumping from middle position to the left end on reverse trust on the resulting axis bar, so here it seems to work fine. somehow I need to switch the direction , I guess I need 65500 for TOGO and ZERO for Idle position right? How can I switch that?

best
Stefan

turbovela
08-12-2014, 10:30 AM
One more question though, I am using the BU0836X for inputs and the opencockpits output card with SIOC for LED outputs, but I ran into one small issue. There is not an offset for SPD, HDG, VSI and ALT inc and dec, therefore I cannot assign it through FSUIPC. Any ideas on how to make this work?
I read a post about using the "data pipe" but the post is a little vague, and the user guide does not have the info on data pipe. Is there another manual that explains this issue better?

Jose

jeehell
08-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Hi Jose,

the BU0836X is a joystick board from the computer point of view. Do not ust FSUIPC to assigne actions to joysticks buttons, instead use the FMGS_Config.exe application, there you'll find a "buttons" window where you'll be able to do that.

As for the opencockpit card, you should not use FSUIPC with your own script code, instead uise SIOC Creator (it is installed when you select "SIOC support" during installation).

Regards,
JL

turbovela
08-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Thank you very much JL, I will try the FMGS_config to configure the buttons, as for the SIOC creator, that is what I'm using to create the code for the output card. Again, thank you very much for the reply.

Respectfully,

Jose

OmniAtlas
08-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Prepar3d 2.3 is out -- some notable performance improvements. I will test it out with FMGS and see how it goes.

For those installing 2.3, you need to update to the latest FSUIPC beta -- http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC4934h.zip

Miatanet
08-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Hi all

found the error..... had the handle installed to hold all 3 levers, so it recognized all of them. deinstalled handle and used just one lever, and it works... grrrrrmph.

Best
Stefan

turbovela
08-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi guys, JL,

Thanks for the help with the FMGS_config, I have everything working, but I have a new issue that just started, after takeoff the plane begins to oscillate up and down from its axis, and it even continues the oscillation with the AP on, it only stops when it is on a climb on "OP CLB" any other type of climb produces the oscillation.

Jose

jeehell
08-13-2014, 03:56 AM
Jose, do you uses the aircraft addon distributed (and installed directly into FS/P3D) by my software?
Do you use fixed FPS settings? The software requires FPS steady at above 25FPS.

JL

Miatanet
08-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Hi all.

since the update I can't hear the engine sounds anymore, it worked before and I know it has to be configured via D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\a320 FMGS JH Project Airbus A320-214\sound\sound.cfg but I can't hear the engine sounds. Any idea where to look at? I modified the cfg file like it a before, but still no engine sounds.

Best
Stefan

OmniAtlas
08-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Do your other sounds work fine? Engine sounds are linked internally to P3D/FSX and not FSUIPC, so you will have to check the internal sound settings.

Miatanet
08-14-2014, 10:26 AM
other sounds are good. I just do not hear the engines anymore and maybe other from FSX, but that was all fine before I updated to B35. My question on the fsx sound.cfg: I have that running before, there are more entries, but just to show: What is that alias for. I think that this will be the path to the right airplane, but can't find a folder like that...

fltsim]
;product_code=FSIM
;alias=B737_400\sound
;alias=Skyhigh Sound Systems\sound.A320CFM56

alias=A320_CFM56_sound\sound

;alias=A320_JLA320SoundSystems_V2\sound
;alias=Airbus_A321\sound
[FLTSIM]
product_code=FSIM
[SOUND_ENGINE]
number_of_engines=2
eng1_combustion=COMBUSTION.1.00
eng2_combustion=COMBUSTION.2.00
eng1_jet_whine=JET_WHINE.1.00
eng2_jet_whine=JET_WHINE.2.00
eng1_starter=starterA
eng2_starter=starterB
eng1_shutdown=shutdownA
eng2_shutdown=shutdownB
eng1_combustion_start=combstartA
eng2_combustion_start=combstartB

Miatanet
08-14-2014, 11:31 AM
set alias to fltsim
now it works....

best
stefan

Miatanet
08-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

Can I use a joystick connected on a network pc. Reason is, I would like to use a joystick Button for my voice activation (ivao). Is it possible to run FMGS with a joystick connected on a member pc ?As I can see, the config.exe is just available on the Master pc.

Best
Stefan

jeehell
08-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi Stefan,

No this is not possible to use a joystick on a remote computer.

Regards,
JL

Miatanet
08-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Ok, JL. Thank you for the quick reply.
best
stefan

OmniAtlas
08-15-2014, 09:06 PM
I suggest trying a 'wireless' usb hub if you need to use the joystick on a remote computer.

SSO
08-18-2014, 10:55 AM
In continuation of my previous post.

Did an approach to LSGG rwy 23 yesterday having departed from EKCH. Again the ILS was holding a course off center. This time ~1/3 dot to the left of the C/L. When handflown to follow the PFD ILS Diamonds I followed the ILS straight on to the runway. Wind was 240/4 so that cant have played a role.
So - seems that the ILS receptor and diamonds are correctly aligned with the runway course, and the AP ILS hold was off.

turbovela
08-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Hi all,

i tried changing the frame rate on the sim, but I still get the oscillation, I'll just re-install everything and try again, I have a question though, is there any documentation on how to use the SIOC Creator? I tried using it but I'm a little confused, also I tried making my own code, but I don't know how to write an offset 78EB with a bit of 6 for example, which would access one output. The offsets for JeeHell have an offsets for many outputs and it uses the bits to identify each output, that is what I do not know how to read. The code shows "Offset $7391, Length 1 //ILS LED"

Jose

jeehell
08-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Hi all,

I update is available, either through the updater or the full package:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B35.1.exe

I reworked the joystick system again a bit. SOme of you may have to redo the calibration to get proper axis centers and courses.
The navdata has been greatly reworked, and now the NDs should no longer have any issue displaying the VORs/NDBs/etc.

@turbovela: there is currently no documentation for SIOC Creator, but if you know the SIOC system, it should be quite simple, you just need to enter the input/output numbers just as you would in your own scripting.
There is a function called testbit, if I recall correctly, to check if a particular bit is set or not on a byte offset. I'm very sorry to say this, but your remark seems to indicat you still have a bit of learning to do on the FSUIPC/offsets/SIOC scripting, and this thread might not be the best place for you to get help.

Best regards,
JL

turbovela
08-21-2014, 05:21 PM
JL,

Thanks for the reply, I actually have a lot to learn and I'm in the process of it, a friend pointed me in the right direction, and to go through the Peter Dawson (FSUIPC) forum. So I am doing a little more research before I start asking more questions....lol, but still, thank you for your reply help.

Jose

Jerec
08-23-2014, 03:20 AM
good morning JL,

nice update you made for us. I can confirm, that all items on ND are now displayed, when in networked mode. Great job!

Regards Henrik

Tom_a330
08-23-2014, 08:13 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for the update. I also an confirm that the NDīs in network mode are fully functional now. Also there was no need to recalibrate any of my stick axes.

Cheers

Tom

snooky_g
08-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi Jean Luc,
hi all,

first thank you, JL, for the great Update. Did a nice roundtrip yesterday
EDDF-EDDV-EDDS-LSZH-LFMN :-)
NavAids are shown and everything was working fine! Thanks a Lot..

Cheers, Stefan

Miatanet
08-27-2014, 04:18 AM
Hi all,
after the update from yesterday my online flight from LSZH to EDDT was satisfying as ****. All went fine and was stable without any problems. Thanks a lot to JL, great work.
What I do not understand is that I had to fly manually without FD, all was fine until I went airborne the route in ND became dashed and it was not possible to go in managed mode on FCU pressing to managed mode, it consists manual mode. Also I cant't access PERF in MCDU that was blocked too. MCDU worked fine so far (DIR/INIT etc), just PERF was blocked. Did I miss something in configuring? As far as I remember all was filled and activated. This behavior is new to me.
Any ideas?

Best
Stefan

stefangr
08-27-2014, 04:36 AM
Hi Stefan,

that's crazy, I had the same problem during one flight last week (LSZH-LEPA on 19AUG). I am sure I had filled the PERF page before completely. The first thing that happened was during T/O run: the FMA on PFD did not display the usual TakeOff Power labels that usually come when you move the thust lever to FLX.

Test rest of the flight was the same as you describe: No managed speed and no managed NAV possible, all needed to be entered manually in FCU. Also no access to PERF page on MCDU any more.

All following flights I made afterwards were fine again.

Regards
Stefan

Miatanet
08-27-2014, 05:01 AM
Hi Stefan,

that's crazy, I had the same problem during one flight last week (LSZH-LEPA on 19AUG). I am sure I had filled the PERF page before completely. The first thing that happened was during T/O run: the FMA on PFD did not display the usual TakeOff Power labels that usually come when you move the thust lever to FLX.

Test rest of the flight was the same as you describe: No managed speed and no managed NAV possible, all needed to be entered manually in FCU. Also no access to PERF page on MCDU any more.

All following flights I made afterwards were fine again.

Regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan

maybe a STEFAN bug :p. I will check tonight if that happens again . But good to know that I am not he only one.....
Any real pilots on board to give us a hint what we maybe missed?

Best
Stefan

jeehell
08-27-2014, 09:16 AM
Hi,

If the PFD does not show MAN FLX or MAN TOGA, then you have a problems. This means it will NOT transition into takeoff mode, thus once airborne, it does not know what to do, so managed modes are not available.
I do not know how the real thing behaves. If someone has a better understanding...

JL

Miatanet
08-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Hi JL
just came back from a flight from EDDT to EDDF and no managed mode when airborne. Did not see MAN FLX or MAN TOGA. could that be that I need to configure my throttles again?

http://youtu.be/Lk457XUOT84

Best
Stefan

jeehell
08-28-2014, 05:10 PM
Hi,

Yes calibrate them again.

JL

tcane
08-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Hi JL
just came back from a flight from EDDT to EDDF and no managed mode when airborne. Did not see MAN FLX or MAN TOGA. could that be that I need to configure my throttles again?

http://youtu.be/Lk457XUOT84

Best
Stefan

Today on my Flight From Kuwait to Dubai got the same problem. After departure with No flx thrust (was a mistake from me) i Can't go in to the Managed Mode back.

Greetings
florian

jeehell
08-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Just to be very clear about that situation, which has already been discussed a lot:
1) this is NOT an error or a bug
2) on the real ACFT, if you do not read TOGA or FLX this is a NO GO, and rejected takeof must be performed, or at least an action on the LVR to force TOGA must be taken.

Miatanet
08-29-2014, 01:50 AM
Hi
i guess i maybe know why. Do i need first push the lever to toga and adjust than to flex position? This is what i've not done the last two times. Directly pushed to flex. position, then maybe did not reached the exactly position. I will check tonight. Also what I saw is a magenta to inhibit on ecam.... That may has all the same issue .....

br
stefan

tcane
08-29-2014, 02:20 AM
Hi
i guess i maybe know why. Do i need first push the lever to toga and adjust than to flex position? This is what i've not done the last two times. Directly pushed to flex. position, then maybe did not reached the exactly position. I will check tonight. Also what I saw is a magenta to inhibit on ecam.... That may has all the same issue .....

br
stefan

Hi guys,
@stefan: Yes and No, You can do this so, but normally it works also when you go directly in to the flx position. Maybe it's better you recalibrate your thrustlever with some error slots like 1000.
the magenta inhibit is normally on takeoff and no issue.

@jeeheel: first off all, a very very big thank you again for your great software and updates. It's so amazing!!!
So then if I understand right, that there are no way to go back in the managed mode if you have made this mistake with the wrong takeoff position of the thrust lever? Noooooo :D

Miatanet
08-29-2014, 04:58 AM
Hi guys,
@stefan: Yes and No, You can do this so, but normally it works also when you go directly in to the flx position. Maybe it's better you recalibrate your thrustlever with some error slots like 1000.
the magenta inhibit is normally on takeoff and no issue.

@jeeheel: first off all, a very very big thank you again for your great software and updates. It's so amazing!!!
So then if I understand right, that there are no way to go back in the managed mode if you have made this mistake with the wrong takeoff position of the thrust lever? Noooooo :D

Thank you so much guys
and yes again a big thank to JL for that great work. I wikll see tonight... getting more and more a pilot :cool:

best
Stefan

Airmichel
08-30-2014, 06:52 AM
Hello JL,

Today I`am install the new Version 35,1. I have two problems!
The first problem: when I turn on the batteries, the leds from BRK fan / Terr ON ND / Master SW / Man Start 1/2 light up.
All switches and leds are programmed with the sioc ceator.
The second problem: when I land and turn off the ap, the led from Masterwarning donīt stop flashing and the sound don`t stop to.
It stops only when the software is finished.Everything else works fine, thanks for the great software.

regards,

Micha

Miatanet
08-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi JL
I have the same issue with master warning it starts after disable ap, and stops when engines are cut off or when activating AP again. It is not possible when on ground taxiing :roll:. No way to stop blinking and jailing by pushing the master warning switch.
I checked yesterday the FD problem I have and even when push lever to togo position, managed mode is deactivated.
Tried to configure my lever again and find out that I just can configure LVR2 in config.exe. When using LVR1 and choose both the parameters are not counting. When taking lvr2 adn @both@ the parameters are counting. I guess I have the lvr1 somewhere already saved. Is it possible to delete one config file to have a empty thrust lever config_

Best
Stefan

jeehell
08-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Stefa,

simply delete teh AControls.cfg file in the FMGS server folder.

JL

Miatanet
08-31-2014, 07:38 AM
Stefa,

simply delete teh AControls.cfg file in the FMGS server folder.

JL

Reconfigured thrust levers now it works ��. Only the master warning issue is not solved yet, can't reset it when pressing the korry. It is just when ap is switched off...

regards
stefan

Stephan Schwarz
08-31-2014, 09:45 AM
I also have a problem with the Thrust levers since the new version is installed: I have setup both levers in the FMGS Config tool and the detents are recognized correctly, but when I push the levers forward, the engine shows no reaction (the upper ECAM display shows the movement and detents correctly). Any ideas? I have already deleted the AControls and JoySW files, but no changes ...

Regards,
Stephan

Miatanet
08-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Hi Stephan
i Set the detent 2000 for toga and flex, 1000 for clb, 2 for idle.
This may help.
BR
stefan

Stephan Schwarz
08-31-2014, 02:36 PM
You mean the error zones for each detent? Will try this and report again!

Thx
Stephan

EDIT: that does not work,too :( my thrust levers are driving a 10k pot on an Arcaze board; I need to have an error zone of at least 2000. Maybe I should add that the complete setup is still working with my B33 backup!

Stephan Schwarz
09-01-2014, 07:14 AM
I have uploaded a video to show the detents are recognised corretly, but no power goes to the engines.

http://youtu.be/Gm606FSYCx0

Would be great if anyone has an idea!

Regards
Stephan

jeehell
09-02-2014, 04:20 AM
Stefan, this usually hapens if you have not the AP/FBW running. Or if the connection to FSUIPC/simconnect has failed somewhere.
Try manually closing FSXconnect and the APFBW and running them manually.

JL

Stephan Schwarz
09-02-2014, 05:53 AM
Thank you Jean Luc, but this did not solve the problem either :( what I found out now: when I move my levers from FLX/MCT to CL detent, the engines N1 goes to 85.0% .... I have reconfigured the throttle axis again, but no success.

jeehell
09-03-2014, 05:09 AM
Hi,

this could be the result of overlapping detent (if the error zone around the detent is so big that it overlaps the error zone of the next detent).

JL

FSCockpit.eu
09-03-2014, 05:29 AM
Hi all,

I had the same problem on my setup. All seemed OK, but no engine reaction. Only, when I switched to TOGA, engines were spinning but just for few seconds.
I noticed, that this problem appeared after using Updater. So, I decided to revert to previous version (B35.1 full installer).
When I did it, all come back to normal.
Maybe this will help Stephan.

IMHO, JeeHell FMGS is the best software available on the market now and I always recommend this software to our cockpits.
One weak point is Updater module, sometimes it generates problems, I mean, it makes that all modules are not in the same version.
Therefore, I always do the backup upon new full installer release, so I have the reference point :-)

Kind Regards
Tomasz

Stephan Schwarz
09-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Thank you, Tomasz, glad to see that I am not the only one :)

As I wrote before, I have a backup of my B33.? Version, which is running perfectly with the exactly same setup and configuration.

I will try the B35.1 without updates and report back!

Thanks so far, also to JL !
Stephan

EDIT: that was the solution! Thx Tomasz! Please let me know when you found a way to update to the latest version without having this issue.

FSCockpit.eu
09-03-2014, 03:19 PM
EDIT: that was the solution! Thx Tomasz! Please let me know when you found a way to update to the latest version without having this issue.

In fact the only solution for now, is to keep watching Updater window during update, if You notice some extraordinary delay during update of any file, You can assume that this module was not fully updated, but Updater module will consider this file as updated. If You see such an issue, simply kill Updater.exe process inside task manager.
Then restart Updater

This is very simple (and brutal ;-) ) solution, but it works.....
....at least for me.

I would like to repeat, that this small issue is meaningless, considering the quality of whole software package

Kind Regards
Tomasz

jeehell
09-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Hi,

An update is available.
You can use the auto update or download the complete package:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B35.3.exe

Regards,
JL

Miatanet
09-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Hi JL
works stable and master warning bug is history ��. Great work. Thank you.
br
stefan

OmniAtlas
09-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Hi JL -- with the new version there is a reoccuring error box which can not be eliminated even with the windows task manager when you open FMGS_Config if you do not have a joystick plugged into a USB port.

Is there anyway you can eliminate this bug?

Thank you.

stefangr
09-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Hi,

I have made the update to 35.3 through the automatic updater. Since then any inputs pressed on Overhead are not recognized any more. Outputs are working OK. I am using Skalarki Overhead. I checked the buttons with Skalarki IO-Test, they are working fine. When I use the mouse on the overhead instead, everything is working fine. When I am using the previous JL version, everything is working fine as well.

Anything I missed or anybody else having anything similar?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
09-06-2014, 04:35 PM
Hi,

@Stefan: do you have skalarki profiler on a remote computer?

@Omniatlas: this issue with joysticks will be solved in next update.

JL

stefangr
09-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Hi,
@Stefan: do you have skalarki profiler on a remote computer?
JL

Hi JL,

Skalarki Profiler is running on the server PC (with FMGS Server + FS9). On client all other FMGS modules are running.

Stefan

buentead
09-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi,
I have made the update to 35.3 through the automatic updater. Since then any inputs pressed on Overhead are not recognized any more. Outputs are working OK. I am using Skalarki Overhead. I checked the buttons with Skalarki IO-Test, they are working fine. When I use the mouse on the overhead instead, everything is working fine. When I am using the previous JL version, everything is working fine as well.
Anything I missed or anybody else having anything similar?
Thanks
Stefan

Hi Stefan and JL

Since 35.3 update, I face the very same issue as Stefan mentioned. However, my overhead is not from Skalarki. The I/O boards are from FDS. After one minute or so, not even the outputs are seen anymore.

Furthermore, my clients connect to the FMGS server for 20-30 seconds. Then, all clients are disconnected. This can be seen on the FMGS status screen as well as on the WideFMGS clients.

Thanks for some hints on how to repair this.

Adrian

Note: just wanted to mention, that I re-installed 35.3. But also had the same problem with update only.

Jerec
09-08-2014, 01:42 AM
Good morning,

Thx JL for the new update. AP issue is now working correctly.

@Stefan: I also have a complete cockpit of Skalarki, but on my flight yesterday i had no issues like you. On my setup, the IO-profiler is running on Remote-PC with all other modules of JL.
At which time do you start the profile on IO? I had some problems with autostart of profile, when i didīt have "all green" on IO-Profiler. Now i wait until everything is loaded on sim and at the end i start profiler.

Regards Henrik

stefangr
09-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Hi Henrik,

profiler is started at the very end, it's the last application that I run. All components are green. And it's working fine if I am using the previous JL version.

Regards
Stefan

buentead
09-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Hi Stefan

I copied WideFMGS.exe and WideFMGSserver.exe from B35.1 into the B35.3 installation. After that, everything was working as before. For the time being, this workaround is fine for me.

Regards
Adrian

jeehell
09-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Hi,

All of you having issues with the latest widefmgs version do two things please:
1) paste the contents of the widefmgs window (server and clients) here (only the first error messages, no need for 20 minutes worth of error messages...)
2) Check and RECHECK that you do not have any firewall issues. There were changes to used ports and stuff, it could be a firewall is blocking the apps.

JL

stefangr
09-09-2014, 03:43 AM
Hi JL,

these are screenshots from the windfmgs window.

Server:

Client:

Obviously there is a problem. When using the previous version, I am getting only "connected" messages once for each of the 4 ports. With the latest version I am getting "connected" and right after that "disconnected". This is repeating after approx 1 second.

I checked my Internet Security software which does not have a firewall on its own but just relies on the Win firewall. I have switched off the Windows firewall, but no change. Also my security software does not highlight anything like a blocked application.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
09-09-2014, 03:54 AM
I need the log at the begining of the issues. With the other ports.

JL

stefangr
09-09-2014, 04:35 AM
Hi JL,

here you go:

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
09-09-2014, 06:27 AM
I'm currently uploading a new update, it will be available in a few minutes from now.
Report your findings please.

Regards,
JL

stefangr
09-09-2014, 06:45 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for the update. I am currently at work now, so will be able to check this evening.

One thing I noticed: I am starting FMGS on Server first (by using Starter.EXE), then I start the modules on the client manually, first one is WideFMGS on the client. When I have done that, both WideFMGS logs show "connected". As soon as I start the overhead on the client, the connection is breaking.

Don't know if this is important, just wanted to let you know.

I will report once I have updated to the new version.

Regards
Stefan

jeehell
09-09-2014, 10:17 AM
I found another bug, which I'm pretty sure caused the error you had. I put a new update online just now with a fix.

Regards,
JL

tcane
09-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Hi Jl,
i install your new update and i got now the same issue with the connection between the client PC and server, like the other guys.
First I start the server, after 30 sec. connecting the clients with the server, all clients have been disconnect and didn't reconnected. The firewall I exclude because it works for 30 seconds. In the time were the clients (like the overhead) are connected with the server, I put the ext. power on the fsx on, but the OVHD doesn't recognized that.

I hope you can find a way to fix this, because I'd like to make an online flight this evening. :)) otherwise... Is there a way to go back before your last update?
If you need some log files please let me know.

One more thing:
I asked some times ago about the special frequencies for the radio panel, because sometime when I fly online, an ATC got the frequency like 118.700, but I can't set it. ;)

King regards
Florian

OmniAtlas
09-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Hi JL -- did one test flight --

- FMGS will also not start if no joysticks are plugged in and will give an error message (with the configure tool you get the repeat error box)

- Repeat flaps sounds are there again from cold and dark until engine start.

Tried some alpha protection -- surprised that flap retraction is already implemented when in A.Floor :)

Also look at some light logic and good to see that strobe lights when set to auto only turn on when in the air.

Tried an asymetrical landing (left engine to idle and reverse, and right engine left at CLB) -- surprised that the aircraft still stayed on the runway. If you remember there was a real life tragedy with this pilot error.

Will do some more testing -- have some issues sometimes when descending in managed mode when the aircraft is pitched to such a degree that I get 6000 v/s.

Thanks again....recently bought PSX (747 avionics suite), but I still keep on coming back to the Bus...I guess I just love flybywire!

Time to build that cockpit...

tcane
09-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Edit:
thanks for you new update and hard work jl!!!
I have install it ( is this right, that only the OVHD had making an update?) and the OVHD client didn't connect to the server now.

florian

jeehell
09-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Try again updating, with the online tool or the full package:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B35.3.exe

JL

jeehell
09-09-2014, 10:39 AM
By the way, it's better to have OVHD on the server computer. Most issues come from there I think.

JL

tcane
09-09-2014, 11:04 AM
By the way, it's better to have OVHD on the server computer. Most issues come from there I think.

JL

I can now update all Network PC`s. Thanks.
Actually i made an testflight and it looks like everything is running again. Thanks for this!
Unfortunately I can not run the overhead on the server, because when i fly I, click on the same screen were my fsx is running. ;)
so at this moment, my ovhd (also Ivap, teamspeak etc.) is running on my laptop there is directly on my sidestick area, and itīs easy to controll. ;)

Regards
Florian

stefangr
09-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Hi JL,

thanks for the update. Works like a charm now, so overhead is back again :-)

I hope I can make a test flight tonight.

JL

Also for me this is unfortunately not an option. It needs to run on a separate PC because the overhead hardware is not complete yet and quite a few buttons need to be pressed with the mouse.

Thanks
Stefan

stefangr
09-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Hi JL,

perparing my first test flight now, I am again having the problem that NDs freeze as soon as departure runway is entered in MCDU. This was reported in tracking tool as ID#945 and a complete new install obviously solved it at that time.

Will this again be necessary? I thought I could just use the updater. Anything to do with the NAVDB.DLL as it was the last time?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
09-09-2014, 03:33 PM
I need to know the exact route you entered.

buentead
09-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks, JL, also from my side! Everything works correct on my installation and my two flights went well.

Great job! Thanks
Adrian

stefangr
09-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I need to know the exact route you entered.

Hi JL,

I entered the route EDDW/EDDW for my test flight. As soon as I selected departure runway 27, both NDs froze. I tried it 3 times (with PC reboot in between), always the same.

I then re-installed FMGS completeley again, and now the failure is gone. I think the auto updater might have missed a file?

I have seen that a joystick.dll was also updated. Will that fix that we had inop axes (especially throttle axes) during flight?

Thanks for your help + the new version, my test flight was going smooth tonight.

Stefan

filippoporcari
09-09-2014, 04:32 PM
just for info: with the new update (35.3) may we keep the joy config file from 35.1?
regards
fil

jeehell
09-09-2014, 04:43 PM
@Stefan: I'll try to check why the auto update did not work correctly, it's strange.
As for the joysticks, I do not know. I do not have that issue so it's hard to know if it may or may not solve it. IT should at least solve an error in FMGS Config where crash windows appeared if you did not have an USB joystick plugged in.

@Filippo: yes.

JL

asessa
09-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi JL, i just perform a flight with last update.
During climb, about at 20000 fts, i had a CAB PR EXCESS CAB ALT emergency with the check list showed on ECAM.
On S/D i have Cab Press page opened with CAB ALT at more of 10 and a red value o 20549 blinking....

FCU (CockpitSonic) , MCDU (Skalarki) , ECAM Panel (CockpitSonic) and Radio Panel (CockpitSonic) don't work!
All display are working, but no hardware works :(

What's happened?

asessa
09-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Another issue : ECAM LOGIC is NOT CONNECTED TO FGMS SERVER...

AirFan
09-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Hi JL, Hi Simmers,

I became a very silent reader after I sold my last pit last year. However, I am working on a new sim project but I am still far from "flyable" . Question to all of you: Anybody using the FDS A320 MCDUs with JLs awesome software? Please contact me/let me know. There are some questions...

@ JL: Thumbs up! Incredible what you are realizing here. I am tracing this project since 2011. A really unique guy with an awesome software and outstanding support!! Wish I would be ready to use your latest version. Give me another year to come back! :)

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
09-09-2014, 05:26 PM
try to update from the full package.

AirFan
09-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Hi JL, Hi Simmers,

I became a very silent reader after I sold my last pit last year. However, I am working on a new sim project but I am still far from "flyable" . Question to all of you: Anybody using the FDS A320 MCDUs with JLs awesome software? Please contact me/let me know. There are some questions...

@ JL: Thumbs up! Incredible what you are realizing here. I am tracing this project since 2011. A really unique guy with an awesome software and outstanding support!! Wish I would be ready to use your latest version. Give me another year to come back! :)

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
09-09-2014, 06:28 PM
The auto-update bug "service under maintenance" should be corrected by now.

JL

Jerec
09-10-2014, 02:29 AM
Good morning,

tried the last update yesterday without any errors, but the known issue reappears, that fixes on remote-NDs are not displayed, even airports. VOR, DME, NDB are working.
Tried to force are rebuild of Navdatabase, which succeeded with positive log of all fixes (about +170000), but it didīnt solve the issue. ND on main PC for test displays all items.

Regards Henrik

Jerec
09-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Good morning,

tried the last update yesterday without any errors, but the known issue reappears, that fixes on remote-NDs are not displayed, even airports. VOR, DME, NDB are working.
Tried to force are rebuild of Navdatabase, which succeeded with positive log of all fixes (about +170000), but it didīnt solve the issue. ND on main PC for test displays all items.

Regards Henrik

With the last update from yesterday evening the issue is gone! THX alot!

Regards Henrik

asessa
09-11-2014, 04:14 AM
With the last update from yesterday evening the issue is gone! THX alot!

Regards Henrik

I agree.
Yesterday i performed a full flight from LIRN to LEPA without any problems.
Good job JL!

OmniAtlas
09-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Wow -- my first inflight emergency, and I didn't self-trigger it --

Flying from Dubai to OOMS -- any idea what could have turned it on? Okay, so I didn't turn on the PACKS...and its really hot in dubai...but I thought that wasn't modelled?

http://s13.postimg.org/d2xw8ykvn/Capture.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/d2xw8ykvn/)

asessa
09-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Wow -- my first inflight emergency, and I didn't self-trigger it --

Flying from Dubai to OOMS -- any idea what could have turned it on? Okay, so I didn't turn on the PACKS...and its really hot in dubai...but I thought that wasn't modelled?

http://s13.postimg.org/d2xw8ykvn/Capture.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/d2xw8ykvn/)

It's the same problem i had last tuesday.
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28295&p=151880&viewfull=1#post151880

I updated yesterday and i performed a new flight without problem.

filippoporcari
09-11-2014, 08:28 AM
ben the air conditioning (packs) is not only used for passengers comfort but mostly for pressurization :-) that could be the reason i guess
fil

OmniAtlas
09-11-2014, 10:46 AM
But I never turn on the packs Fil :)

p.s is there any way we can save the state or a 'situation' of FMGS? That would allow us to share the file and help to debug problems.

Regards.

filippoporcari
09-11-2014, 11:11 AM
i dunno ben because i always turn them on as per normal procedures and never had the failure.
regards
fil

asessa
09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
i dunno ben because i always turn them on as per normal procedures and never had the failure.
regards
fil

fil, i had the packs on when i had the same problem of ben. As JL said, i performed a new update and in last flight i had no problems.

For sure the packs must be ON , but is normal to have it off during takeoff and approach

filippoporcari
09-11-2014, 11:48 AM
antonio just reported my experience :-)
to be correct: it's an option to have the packs off for takeoff as per standard operating procedures by companies but they must be turned on passing thrust reduction altitude.
never read on any fcom, fctm or sop to turn them off during the approach; it may be at pilot discretion but in very few situations: packs set to off give more engines' efficiency at high thrust settings (usually takeoff).
all the best
fil

SSO
09-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Just updated the system with the latest update.
After this the secondary PC running Software OH, MDCU constantly looses contact to the primary PC.
It works fine for a few minuts - then they loose contact and dont find each other again.

On the main P3D PC each time I enter the Configure.exe - the FSX is running on this PC option is off. The connections on the FS Sim function well.
Other programs like vPilot and Aviasoft EFB also running of my secondary PC do not loose the connection...

Thoughts?

/Stephen

stefangr
09-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Hi,

I want to enter the following route in MCDU: EDDM ALG1S ALG Y109 MILKA UQ227 ULMES ULME1P LSGG
whereas I do not enter MILKA since it comes automatically between the 2 airways. This is what I get:

I cannot delete the discontinuity, it says it's not allowed. Only when I delete the "MANUAL" above, I can also delete the discontinuity. Is that the right way to do it? What is the "MANUAL" line about?

Thanks
Stefan

SSO
09-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Quite alot of drama tonight.
After having all of FMGS back on my FS pc i started a flight NZAA-NZQN.
All was fine till cruise, although FPS dropped significantly by having OH and MCDU on FS PC as well.
while in cruise i started entering the last part of my approach to NZQN via LAT/LONG entries. At LL05 it stopped responding.
All **** broke loose: http://vataware.com/flight/14035213
I had to restart FMGS and subsequently also P3D with reset to FSUIPC saved position.
Now at 36000 ft with both engines out (As FMGS at startup shuts engines off) I had to relight APU, relight both engines - wait 7 min for IRS align before diverting to NZWN.
With an empty MCDU I could enter most data.
however I could not access the performance data and this was a blocker for any Managed flight mode.
After entering and following an approach the MCDU came to a point where it demanded landing data - the page I could not earlier get access to. This sort of unlocked the Performance page, and suddenly Managed flight was possible.
I did have continous warnings as the cabin altitude was shown as minus 5 million ft.
Anyhow:
- perhaps FMGS should not shut engines of a moving aircraft.
- perhaps FMGS should allow the entry of sufficient data to revert to managed mode - before the approach data is entered.

very exiting and felt real.

we landed safely in Wellington, but my passengeres could probably do without the experience.

asessa
09-12-2014, 03:31 AM
Hi,

I want to enter the following route in MCDU: EDDM ALG1S ALG Y109 MILKA UQ227 ULMES ULME1P LSGG
whereas I do not enter MILKA since it comes automatically between the 2 airways. This is what I get:

I cannot delete the discontinuity, it says it's not allowed. Only when I delete the "MANUAL" above, I can also delete the discontinuity. Is that the right way to do it? What is the "MANUAL" line about?

Thanks
Stefan

First of all, you can insert all route by Airways page avalaible on first waypoints of your fltpln.
Before you can delete discontinuity i think you have to confirm the flightplane...(push LSK for INSERT).

asessa
09-12-2014, 03:34 AM
antonio just reported my experience :-)

Yes fil, i also just reported my experience with this problem ;)

to be correct: it's an option to have the packs off for takeoff as per standard operating procedures by companies but they must be turned on passing thrust reduction altitude.
never read on any fcom, fctm or sop to turn them off during the approach; it may be at pilot discretion but in very few situations: packs set to off give more engines' efficiency at high thrust settings (usually takeoff).
all the best
fil

Yes it's right.
However, when you are landing is better for you turn off pack in case of go around . So you have the best efficency for engines :)

OmniAtlas
09-12-2014, 03:47 AM
I thought at take off you shoudl at least have one packs turned on for passenger comfort?

stefangr
09-12-2014, 03:56 AM
First of all, you can insert all route by Airways page avalaible on first waypoints of your fltpln.
Yes I know. That's what I have done.

Before you can delete discontinuity i think you have to confirm the flightplane...(push LSK for INSERT).
I have also tried it that way, but the same result.

Stefan

filippoporcari
09-12-2014, 04:01 AM
ben: airbus let u decide, packs can be both on or off during takeoff...if they're off u HAVE to turn one on at acceleration altitude (1500 ft agl) so it's really a little time with packs off then the second one goes on little later on...btw this is related to SOPs defined by companies.
antonio: i teoretically agree about go around but this is not reported in any official documentation and i never saw pilots doing that every time i flew in cockpit (the real thing i mean) and i made some flights there :-)
regards
fil

asessa
09-12-2014, 04:03 AM
ben: airbus let u decide, packs can be both on or off during takeoff...if they're off u HAVE to turn one on at acceleration altitude (1500 ft agl) so it's really a little time with packs off then the second one goes on little later on...btw this is related to SOPs defined by companies.
antonio: i teoretically agree about go around but this is not reported in any official documentation and i never saw pilots doing that every time i flew in cockpit (the real thing i mean) and i made some flights there :-)
regards
fil

ok wilco :)

filippoporcari
09-12-2014, 04:03 AM
about discontinuity: i'll search rules about MANUAL legs behaviour.
one thing is sure: u HAVE NOT to activate a flight plan before deleting a disco...u can edit the temporary f-plan as long as u want...it's not related to activating it.
cheers
fil

OmniAtlas
09-12-2014, 06:26 AM
regards
fil

And if you don't turn them on by 1500 ft agl will you get those pressurization errors?

This was the first time I had the problem -- so perhaps JL is working on failures on this fine Bus?

Regards.

filippoporcari
09-12-2014, 06:48 AM
with pack off of course the cab is not pressurized...and u get ecam warnings (not failures) but not passing 1500ft ...getting much higher :-)
the answer to your question can only come from jl himself of course
all the best
fil

OmniAtlas
09-12-2014, 09:40 AM
with pack off of course the cab is not pressurized...and u get ecam warnings (not failures) but not passing 1500ft ...getting much higher :-)
the answer to your question can only come from jl himself of course
all the best
fil

Thanks Fil -- how would you recover from a non-pressurized cabin? I should just follow the ECAM messages.....

filippoporcari
09-12-2014, 10:31 AM
this is just something that should not happen in reality :-) unless u want to have passengers' ears to explode, loose of consciounsess for the lack of oxygen and structural damage to the aircraft...
btw...yes u have to follow the ecam actions...but there's an ABNORMAL PROCEDURE to follow (FCOM and QRH) in case of SUDDEN LOSS OF CABIN PRESSURE.
of course there's no procedure if the cabin never gets pressurized (packs off) because this is something that just can't happen in reality :-)
cheers
fil

OmniAtlas
09-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Unfortunately even with packs 2 on when I pass 10000 ft the ecam pressurisation memo alerts me again.

filippoporcari
09-12-2014, 12:18 PM
ok so the packs off were not the reason.
so it's clear the issue is not procedure related and must be elsewhere.
fil

stefangr
09-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi JL,

maybe there is still anything wrong with the FMGS server protocol? On several tries today my overhead got disconnected (only the inputs were not working - like my problem some days ago). I rebooted some times, but the problem persists. At first glance, everything is OK, but after some minutes there is a disconnection:

Thanks
Stefan

lmaster
09-14-2014, 04:41 PM
Hi JL,

Same disconnection problem happening to me. Exactly like Stefan.

Regards,
Joao

Gregor
09-15-2014, 05:19 AM
Hi All

Same connection issues here.

And if I install 35.3 from scratch navDBapp.exe is not installed and started, this is only if I install 34.1. Not sure whether this is correct or not.

Regards,
Greg

Gregor
09-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi All

I have made several installations for testing and have found a missing entry in widefmgs.ini. The port "port6=8008" was missing on the server computer , since I have added it manually, the connections are stable.

filippoporcari
09-15-2014, 02:51 PM
i think navdbapp is history now...i suppose jl reworked the navdata and eliminated that app...from 35 it's no more there...but everything working as it should
just for info NO disconnection issues on my side
cheers
fil

stefangr
09-17-2014, 03:07 AM
Hi All
I have made several installations for testing and have found a missing entry in widefmgs.ini. The port "port6=8008" was missing on the server computer , since I have added it manually, the connections are stable.

Hi Gregor,

it would be interesting to know if this change has fixed the problem forever. I have not made the change yet, but I have tries where everything is working fine and I also have tries where I get this connection error.

Regards
Stefan

OmniAtlas
09-17-2014, 05:38 AM
Hi JL -- if you don't mind me asking, do you know when TOC (hockey stick) will be implemented?

Thank you.

lmaster
09-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Hi Gregor,

it would be interesting to know if this change has fixed the problem forever. I have not made the change yet, but I have tries where everything is working fine and I also have tries where I get this connection error.

Regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Are you running the last update issued last night? (17SEP)
JL made some changes and the disconnection issue may be fixed. I tested it (just for 10 min...), but all was working fine.

Regards,
Joao

filippoporcari
09-17-2014, 07:00 AM
hi ben,
the TOC arrow is part of the VNAV thing with all the other vnav arrows indications still missing...the whole vnav thing is really a black art (words used by many real pilots :) ) i asked by myself many times JL about the missing vnav implementation. he said he needs time to rework the whole vnav which will be a nightmare...this has been said months ago, so i hope it's going to happen in the close future...of course just my tought.
all the best
fil

stefangr
09-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Hi Stefan,

Are you running the last update issued last night? (17SEP)
JL made some changes and the disconnection issue may be fixed. I tested it (just for 10 min...), but all was working fine.

Regards,
Joao

Hi Joao,

thanks for the hint. I was not aware that there is a new update. I will update tonight and test again.

Regards
Stefan

staju
09-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Is there any news or trick with the SUDDEN LOSS OF CABIN PRESSURE problem?

OmniAtlas
09-17-2014, 09:19 PM
hi ben,
the TOC arrow is part of the VNAV thing with all the other vnav arrows indications still missing...the whole vnav thing is really a black art (words used by many real pilots :) ) i asked by myself many times JL about the missing vnav implementation. he said he needs time to rework the whole vnav which will be a nightmare...this has been said months ago, so i hope it's going to happen in the close future...of course just my tought.
all the best
fil

Yes, seems like it may be a difficult affair, especially with all these calculations gong on. My thoughts would be that TOC would be more straight forward to implement then TOD, but what do I know :)

OmniAtlas
09-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Is there any news or trick with the SUDDEN LOSS OF CABIN PRESSURE problem?

Try turning on your packs and see if that improves the situation.

filippoporcari
09-18-2014, 05:31 AM
i don't think the packs are the reason...even if i never experienced this.
BTW and for all the users: before posting any strange behaviour i think would be necessary to be sure to fly the aircraft as it is supposed to be flown, i mean with the necessary systems operating correctly. the BARE MINIMUM is following the airbus golden rule: WHITE LIGHTS OUT, meaning u should check that on the overhead all the white korry lights should be estinguished.
all the best
fil

Airmichel
09-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Hello JL,

Is it possible to change the start options with sioccreator or any other way? When I start my System with the Bat1 and 2 switches many leds are in wrong position.

regards Micha

Captainminch
09-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Few days ago, I got same issue as Loss of Cabin Pressure. After a

Captainminch
09-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Few days ago, I got same issue as Loss of Cabin Pressure. I reviewed Ecam Memo and after a while, Cabin pressure was again normal till the end of the flight.

SSO
09-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Still get the disconnects
WIDEFMGSlog:

WideFMGS server Log.
port 8004:192.168.1.15 connected
port 8005:192.168.1.15 connected
port 8006:192.168.1.15 connected
port 8003:192.168.1.15 connected
SimAPI retrial failed. 1/1
port 8004:192.168.1.15 error
port 8004:192.168.1.15 disconnected
Msg retrials failed

The input to the software MCDU did not function after the above situation. I have rest both router and switch to ensure no issue arrise from there...
At a number of occasions it was the 8004 (standard) port that dropped.
There were also a number of "55/55" errors showing...

jeehell
09-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Hi,

I've just put a new update again. I tried to address the widefmgs bug as well as the CAB PRESS one, which I cannot reproduce myself...

For those with the WideFMGS disconnections, do you have the OVHD running on a remote computer?

Regards,
JL

lmaster
09-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi,

I've just put a new update again. I tried to address the widefmgs bug as well as the CAB PRESS one, which I cannot reproduce myself...

For those with the WideFMGS disconnections, do you have the OVHD running on a remote computer?

Regards,
JL

Hi JL,

I've just updated. The disconnections remain the same.
I'm running the OVHD on the server computer.
If it helps: the disconnection affects only the modules that are on the remote computer. The ones on the server computer (AP/FBW, OVHD, ECAMLogic, MCDU, Sound) do not disconnect.

Regards,
Joao

OmniAtlas
09-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Hi,I've just put a new update again. I tried to address the widefmgs bug as well as the CAB PRESS one, which I cannot reproduce myself...The CAB pressure message came on when I did not have packs enabled and passed 10,000 ft. I will try and see if I can reproduce it again tonight.Regards,Ben

SSO
09-19-2014, 12:37 AM
I have the OH and CPT MCDU running on my remote PC. Everything else on FS PC.
Had the CAB press yesterday as well by the way ending with a huge negative CAB Press.

filippoporcari
09-19-2014, 12:53 AM
ben sorry: on post #141 u wrote u had the cab press issue also when packs on....now u wrote u had it only with packs off.
i'm confused now!
cheers
fil

OmniAtlas
09-19-2014, 12:32 PM
ben sorry: on post #141 u wrote u had the cab press issue also when packs on....now u wrote u had it only with packs off.
i'm confused now!
cheers
fil

Yes, it worked on one instance with it on, and also with it off.
This was when I was taking off from Dubai, where it is extremely hot :)

jeehell
09-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Hi,

I again put an update which will hopefully solve the WideFMGS issues, if you have any issues please report here.

JL

Stephan Schwarz
09-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Hi All,

I have updated to the latest version and have also CAB PRESS issue starting around FL 160. Packs were turned on immediately after TO, all other systems are working well as far as I can see.

Regards,

krosa
09-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi All,

I updated to the latest version and I started experiencing CAB PRESS issues.

Before this update I've neved had a single problem with CAB PRESS so far.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

SSO
09-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Salut Jean Luc,

Just sent you a huge WideFMGS log file.
Still a lot of errors and disconnects, but now with reconnects. The system had a hard time keeping up with inputs to the units on the 2nd PC.
I had a brief CAB press problem but that disappeared again.

However I also experienced that suddenly the MCDU had entered approach phase.

/Stephen

Miatanet
09-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Hi all,
never had disconnecting issues or cabin press errors. I am Running 4 systems on my SIM with Skalarki hw. Did a short flight from eddm to LSZH without any Problems.
For my setup it works fine.
Jl, your software rocks.

SSO
09-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Jean Luc,

EDIT: Connections improved.
Yesterdays 1:15 gate-gate flight resulted in 3 mio lines of error and numerous reconnections.
Todays high speed taxi test and rejected takeoff resulted in zero errors and zero reconnections and a good responsiveness from both software MCDU and software OH key presses.
The joystick hardware key assignments still do not however seem to be transfered correctly from the FS PC joysticks to eg. the OH on the secondary PC.
(Axes on the FS PC joystick are received and handled well.)

/Stephen

buentead
09-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Hi JL

Thank you for your hard work in trying to get the network issue fixed. Today (23.09.2014 19:00 UTC) I update the software through the updater. Although I don't have 'disconnects', the overhead switches don't work. The Hardwareconnect module receives the correct key pressed (validated with the logging switched on) but the OVHD logic doesn't seem to receive it. The LED's do work, if I 'press' a button on the OVHD logic software.

I run the OVHD logic on a remote PC. If it runs on the FSServer, the module "Hardwareconnect.exe" crashes when I run the Skalarki IOProfiler. However, in B35.1 all was working well with the OVHD logic installed on the remote PC.

Is there anything that I should send you so you have more information?
Adrian

tcane
09-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Hi JL and Guys,
today i made an second test flight from EDDN to EDDT and got like yesterday some issues after your new update.
1. I put the ground power in FSX on, but it has to be not recognized in the OVHD. I start the APU via Battery from cold & dark.
2. After finished all preparation for the flight iīd like to start the engines. Turn the Rotary to "Start" and put ENG 2 (1) to "ON". But nothing happens. (Yes APU BLEED was on ;))
After a short look to the OVHD i saw that all turns and pulls on the real switches nothing happens on your Software OVHD. If i turn the engines on, the OVHD "ON" all works fine. SIOC got the Signals from the Switches and Rotarys... so there works all fine. The same with the Autobrakepanel... LO/ME/HI and ANTI SKID doesn't work.

Regards
Florian

P.s. Oh, ok iīm not the only one with this issue.

SSO
09-23-2014, 03:58 PM
For some reason Port 5 (8007) seem to have difficulty connecting properly...
Tried both the default port # 8007 and 8015. I have also seen that the Port 5 has been considered Connected on the secondary PC side, but not on the FS PC side.
First indication of something is not right is that I cant turn on External power via the Add-ons menu of P3D.

jeehell
09-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Hi All,

I made another update, hopefully this the One. Should solve the network connections, hardware inputs, and some more.
You can use the online updater or the full package:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B35.6.exe

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
09-24-2014, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the update, will do more testing tonight. I have updated the website.

If you all have pictures of your setups, interesting screenshots, media, etc which you want featured on the FMGS site please, let me know and I will put it on.

In the mean time, Stay High.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYVrQvIwddQ

asessa
09-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the update, will do more testing tonight. I have updated the website.

If you all have pictures of your setups, interesting screenshots, media, etc which you want featured on the FMGS site please, let me know and I will put it on.

In the mean time, Stay High.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYVrQvIwddQ

Omni, can you insert the link of your site as your signature?
So we can easly access it .

Thanks

SimStar001
09-24-2014, 10:06 AM
JL, I did add some note to this BUG: http://www.christophpaulus.com/bugreport_jeehell/view.php?id=951

still not resolved for me.... same problems here

buentead
09-24-2014, 02:51 PM
I successfully completed a 1,5h flight with the update that came after the installation of B35.6. On my side, all looks good so far :-)
Thanks JL
Adrian

OmniAtlas
09-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Omni, can you insert the link of your site as your signature?
So we can easly access it .

Thanks

That is a good idea, I've added a link to my signature. Regards.

Miatanet
09-25-2014, 01:43 AM
Hi all,
had a short flight from lszh to lfmn yesterday and had twice the problem that the hardwareconnect.exe crashed. It happend when I changed TCAS mode. I don't know if that was the trigger for that crash. After restarting the .exe all went fine again. Did not cut off the flight and could go on flying.

best
stefan

Stephan Schwarz
09-25-2014, 03:55 PM
After downloading the latest version, the CAB PRESS issue still persists ... anyone got this solved already?

jess-b
09-25-2014, 04:50 PM
Hi guys, just to report the latest beta has solved issues I was having with sioc and the overhead. However, my nav display has gone screwy. Drawing sids and stars seems to be messed up.

Other than that, thanks for a great piece of software.

Jess B

Stephan Schwarz
09-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Just did a short circle over LOWI: CAB PRESS issue-> gone; Taxi lights -> work --> superb work, thank you JL!

Storm24
09-27-2014, 03:31 PM
B35.6 and installed engines do not run.

Anyone know what's the problem?

OmniAtlas
09-27-2014, 07:33 PM
B35.6 and installed engines do not run.

Anyone know what's the problem?

What sequence startup are you using and are you running the a320 Jeehell model?

Storm24
09-28-2014, 05:19 AM
sim estou utilizando A320 Jeehell

janinp
09-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi Jh, Hi all,
My Flaps and spoilers panels are to be repaired and therefore I cannot use them. I cannot manage to ARM/EXTEND/RETRACT spoilers and INCR/DREC flaps using keyboard commands. Just to keep flying during this period. Using F6/F7 for flaps does not work. Anyone could help me ?
Thanks.

Pierre

filippoporcari
09-28-2014, 03:37 PM
pierre,
i never used keyboard commands but i suppose u HAVE NOT to use standard FS keyboard inputs but specific JL commands as described in the installation manual.
just to be precise if i remember well by memory: u have to send those commands with the keyboard connected to the pc where EWD runs and with EWD window in focus.
cheers
fil

OmniAtlas
09-30-2014, 01:34 PM
With the new beta ---

After toggling with A/Thr on the FCU on and off, then starting the engines, it jumps straight to TOGA lock for some strange reason and the engines accelerate even though throttle levers (mouse emulation) is set to idle.

I will try again and see if I can stimulate the situation again.

OmniAtlas
09-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Hi Jh, Hi all,
My Flaps and spoilers panels are to be repaired and therefore I cannot use them. I cannot manage to ARM/EXTEND/RETRACT spoilers and INCR/DREC flaps using keyboard commands. Just to keep flying during this period. Using F6/F7 for flaps does not work. Anyone could help me ?
Thanks.

Pierre

Click on the EWD (it has to be focused), Y to arm the spoilers. U to disarm.
For flaps you have to assign it with FMGS_Configure.exe, I am not too sure if there are direct keyboard commands.

Joysticks and all peripherals have to be connected to the main computer where FMGS_Configure, Server reside.

janinp
09-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks Fil and OmniAtlas. It is working for spoilers. Great. For Flaps, apparently no keyboard command so I need to set up a external additional joystick I believe.
Will let you know.

Pierre

filippoporcari
09-30-2014, 03:30 PM
ben u should never use the athr button on the fcu...it is supposed to be never used in normal operations.
before engine start there's no reason to toggle it.
btw i don't know what's going when u report that strange behaviour.
cheers
fil

OmniAtlas
10-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Yes, I'm experimenting, and trying to iron out bugs :)

SimStar001
10-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Hi Jeehell, Overhead Bug has been found, Marcin wrote you yesterday about this. But now I have a big problem after the update today. MCDUs are not working. From/To was not taken. First try to insert from/to e.g. EDDF/EDDM MCDU was showing Display Error. But next trys nothing happens anymore when trying to insert from/to in the mcdu. this behavior is same for both MCDUs.

Best regards.

Marco

jeehell
10-01-2014, 06:43 AM
Hi Marco,

open the FMGS Config again, check your complete joystick setup (sidesticks, thrust levers).
Then save the configuration.
It should solve the issue.

JL

OmniAtlas
10-01-2014, 09:49 AM
JL -- latest update...can't input ICAO into the FROM/TO field on the MCDU...

OmniAtlas
10-01-2014, 10:05 AM
For some reason I reset my joysticks and reconfigured and now I can input in the FROM/TO field in the MCDU...not too sure why this behavior is linked.

jeehell
10-01-2014, 10:10 AM
did you my very last message??

OmniAtlas
10-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Just tried to reproduce the autothrust bug again -- it is there --

Turn on A/THR (okay not normal procedure but I don't think the aircraft should do this)

Turn on Engine 2 -- after rev up the engine goes to TOGA LK.

Throttle remains at idle.

OmniAtlas
10-01-2014, 10:12 AM
did you my very last message??

Yes sorry, forgot to reload the browser :)

Miatanet
10-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi all
since the update I can't configure my flaps and spoilers anymore, does not recon the skalarki hw, in io profiler it works.
any clue?

Best
Stefan

jeehell
10-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Except for the THR LVR, all neutral/error zones must be entered in percentage of the total course. Use something around 10% in most cases.

Miatanet
10-01-2014, 05:38 PM
THX JL,

good to know :-). That was changed, right?

Best
Stefan

jeehell
10-01-2014, 05:47 PM
yes, I probably did not make it clear enough ;-)

RigoA320
10-02-2014, 04:55 AM
Hello JH
Have new network set up, I installed 3 PC.
where I need to change the IP address anywhere? which modules?
works the automatic ubdate?

MfG Rigo

jeehell
10-02-2014, 10:19 AM
HI
the IP is entered during installation.
AUtomatic update will work.

JL

filippoporcari
10-02-2014, 04:52 PM
ben,
if u read the FCOM it clearly states NOT to engage auto thrust with FCU button before engine start which could cause false ecam warnings...so maybe what u're experiencing is not a bug but just fmgs suite behaving like the real plane.
cheers
fil

jeehell
10-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Hi Ben,

Read this: http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/544991-a320-athr-active-ground-engines-off.html

As for my soft, it is correct except 2 things:
- the ATHR should limit the N1 in SPEED mode to the THR LVR position, which is not done.
- I think the ATHR should disarm when starting the engines.

I will correct that in next update

OmniAtlas
10-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Thank you guys, that clears it up, from the link JL posted above --

The flight crew arms ATHR:
-On ground

By pushing the ATHR pb on the FCU when the engines are not running, or

ATHR is active when it controls thrust or speed......The ATHR being disconnected, is activated when the flight crew pushes the ATHR pb on the FCU while the thrust levers are within the active range, including IDLE position. Note: When the flight crew sets both thrust levers to IDLE position, the A/THR disconnects but, if the flight crew pushes the A/THR pb of the FCU, they will simultaneously arm and activate the autothrust.

filippoporcari
10-03-2014, 05:40 AM
ben to add something to what jl suggested i attached a couple of shots of an old (2012) FCTM that clarifies the athr use (the 2014 fctm says the same and therefore is clear that athr engagement on ground using the fcu pushbutton should be avoided)
cheers
fil

OmniAtlas
10-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Thanks Fil -- the FCOM mentions the A/THR can only be turned on *between* idle and CLB detent -- so it shouldn't function at idle?

I understand there are lots of things that are not SOP, but my goal is to try and break FMGS :)

For example, when you turn off the ADR when in flight or on the ground with the EGWS turned on, this happens --

P.S was listening to Sydney ATC via the iOS app ATCLive tonight...JL, are you ever live? :)

Beaufort
10-03-2014, 09:50 AM
I run one of the MCDUs on my iPad via iDisplay. Since the last update (2014-10-03) the MCDUs screen and the touch function only works as long as the MCDUs black window is stretched at least a little bit from the iPads display into the PCs display.
This was not necessary before the update. THX for any idea...

filippoporcari
10-03-2014, 11:20 AM
ben,
the autothrust behaviour is more complex than that: the point is not it CAN be on between IDLE and CLB. the autothrust automatically arms at takeoff when u set the levers at FLX or TOGA (autothrust white on the FMA) then it automatically engages (autothrust blue) at thrust red altitude when u select CLB with thrust levers.
there's no need to push ANY button to arm it.
to disconnect it there are 3 ways: retarding the thrust lever to idle (yes setting thrust to idle disconnects the autothrust), using the takeover button on the thrust levers (most used and recommended way to manually disconnect autothrust) or pushing the FCU button which is not recommended from airbus and in flight a THRUST LOCK ecam caution comes on.
so it's totally different from a 737 autothrottle :-)
about the adr...suppose it's correct if i switch off the Air Data Reference u loose PFD and ND air data...all the rest remains alive.
this is all contained in the FCOM and FCTM.
we're just using different point of view on the software :-)
i won't go for a trial and see what happens if...i'm just looking for the software to behave like the real soft...but it's just my personal pov.
all the best
fil

Miatanet
10-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi all,
does the caution and master warning elluminate on both sides (Cpt, FO), when activated by the system?
I mean both together.
best
stefan

filippoporcari
10-03-2014, 11:45 AM
yes stefan both sides togheter
fil

OmniAtlas
10-03-2014, 11:46 AM
we're just using different point of view on the software :-)
i won't go for a trial and see what happens if...i'm just looking for the software to behave like the real soft...but it's just my personal pov.
all the best
fil

Hi Fil, for the most accurate simulation the software should perform exactly as TRW -- the example I gave above was to show the terrain data remains static even while the ADR remains off.

I believe (please tell me otherwise if I am wrong), that the terrain data should turn off and not be displayed if ADR is also turned off.

These are small details which will break the immersion.

The other example -- A/THR on -> engine 2 turned on, causes the engine to go to THR LCK, and the aircraft to accelerate, even when the throttle is at idle. Again I believe this to be an immersion killer, although, highly unlikely a pilot would do this in TRW, the aircraft shouldn't accelerate on the ground just by pressing a button.

filippoporcari
10-03-2014, 12:38 PM
ben with all the due respect: U think that? or u read on official documentation about that behaviour?
since we're not airbus engineers nor pilots we should follow SOP to judge if our soft behaves like the real aircraft.
all the best
fil

OmniAtlas
10-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Sorry Fil, I am not too sure and am not an expert.

I am not too sure if the aircraft should go to TOGA LCK with throttles at idle. I just find it very strange the aircraft should accelerate at idle -- at this detent there should be no acceleration power of the engines.

Regards.

Miatanet
10-03-2014, 02:41 PM
fil

Then this does not work in my SIM with Skarlarki IO. I have to contact Marcin :-).

Best
Stefan

Miatanet
10-03-2014, 02:51 PM
fil

Then this does not work in my SIM with Skarlarki IO. I have to contact Marcin :-).

Best
Stefan

filippoporcari
10-03-2014, 03:35 PM
stefan just assign both sides (cpt and fo) to cpt side...this is what i did...easy.
the logic is that both amber CAUTION lights works togheter so map them just to cpt!
same works for warning (red)....map them both to cpt side.
cheers
fil

RigoA320
10-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Hi
Have a question I need to enter the computer or the network IP address. the with the computer today to work at JH. know it maybe more?

Regards Rigo

Captainminch
10-04-2014, 02:42 AM
On server computer, no IP address on FMGS sw is required, you need to assign the server IP address on client computers.

Minch,

Miatanet
10-04-2014, 02:47 AM
stefan just assign both sides (cpt and fo) to cpt side...this is what i did...easy.
the logic is that both amber CAUTION lights works togheter so map them just to cpt!
same works for warning (red)....map them both to cpt side.
cheers
fil

Hi Fil
I already thought about that :cool:, but did not assign it yet. Will do today...

Thank you

Best
Stefan

Miatanet
10-04-2014, 02:54 AM
Hi JL

I have an issue with the hardwareconnect.exe which crashes. Restarting the hardwareconnect.exe solves the problem and all hardware is working again. The crashes occurs most often when in final approach. Yesterday went to EDDH and back to LSZH and the hardwareconnect exe. crashed up to 4 times when on final (ILS established).
I am using Skalarki hardware and I posted this issue already at Marcins forum.
Any idea?

Best regards
Stefan

RigoA320
10-04-2014, 05:09 AM
Does the software FS2Crew: RAAS Professional under JH. Software ??

Regards Rigo

Thank Minch

stefangr
10-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Does the software FS2Crew: RAAS Professional under JH. Software ??

Regards Rigo

Thank Minch

Hi Minch,

yes it works. Both systems do not touch each other. RAAS Prof is running on FS PC reading runway information from FS. But you need to be aware that the sound ouput of RAAS Prof also comes from the speakers that are assigned to FS, so currently no way of a network version of RAAS that could point to special cockpit speakers.

Regards
Stefan

stefangr
10-04-2014, 05:26 AM
Hi JL

I have an issue with the hardwareconnect.exe which crashes. Restarting the hardwareconnect.exe solves the problem and all hardware is working again. The crashes occurs most often when in final approach. Yesterday went to EDDH and back to LSZH and the hardwareconnect exe. crashed up to 4 times when on final (ILS established).
Any idea?

Best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I made 7 legs yesterday, and I had 2 crashes of hardware connect. One was before take off, one was after landing. I am having this from time to time; using Skalarki hardware + profiler as well.

Regards
Stefan

stefangr
10-04-2014, 05:29 AM
Hi Fil
I already thought about that :cool:, but did not assign it yet. Will do today...

Thank you

Best
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I have also assigned the captain side events to both sides. I am having the same problem BTW with the AUTO-LAND leds, the FO side events do not seem to work.

Regards
Stefan

filippoporcari
10-04-2014, 08:17 AM
stefan i did the same also for the autoland korry: the logic is the same both sides have to light up togheter so assigned FO autoland korry to CPT side as well

OmniAtlas
10-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Hi Minch,

yes it works. Both systems do not touch each other. RAAS Prof is running on FS PC reading runway information from FS. But you need to be aware that the sound ouput of RAAS Prof also comes from the speakers that are assigned to FS, so currently no way of a network version of RAAS that could point to special cockpit speakers.

Regards
Stefan

There is also a free available RAAS program which may allow output to different speakers -- http://planeman-fs.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/fsraas-v20.html

buentead
10-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Hi JL

Any idea?

Best regards
Stefan

I also have HardwareConnect crashes from time to time. Though, they are very irregular. Sometimes I don't have a crash, and other times during the very same leg it crashes 3 times. Up until now, I wasn't able to reproduce the error by certain actions. Fact is, that I have the HardwareConnect crashes since I'm using the SkalarkiIO Profiler (I'm using v4.1beta). Before, I didn't use the Profiler at all and it never crashed.

I added the Windows event log which includes some more details of HardwareConnect.exe when it crashed three times during approach on LSZH ILS 14.

In case new findings pop-up on my side, I'll post them here.

Adrian

RigoA320
10-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Good morning JH.
Have a problem with the new software. my MCDU is no longer working properly, some input no longer do, stand location where my plane is and where I want to fly out for example EDDR / EDDF the key INT he no longer accepts. ???
In the PERV and PROG is the meldund fault display. ???
Other key function!
can you help me?

Regards Rigo

filippoporcari
10-05-2014, 01:58 AM
rigo that must be a local problem: using the updated software here with no probs.
try a clean reainstall??
fil

RigoA320
10-05-2014, 02:30 AM
Ok Fil.
Thank you
tomorrow will do the times. then if the problem is resolved.

MfG rigo

RigoA320
10-05-2014, 02:44 AM
My cockpit are the modules of FS cockpit.eu Tomasz Maydan, very good work, I am very satisfied, Tomasz is a very helpful man, I'm glad I brought all modules at him very, very good servic.

I wanted to say.

MfG rigo

OmniAtlas
10-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Good morning JH.
Have a problem with the new software. my MCDU is no longer working properly, some input no longer do, stand location where my plane is and where I want to fly out for example EDDR / EDDF the key INT he no longer accepts. ???
In the PERV and PROG is the meldund fault display. ???
Other key function!
can you help me?

Regards Rigo

You need to reconfigure your joystick controls and click save for the mcdu to become functional again. This is what I did for my setup and now I can input in the init field.

RigoA320
10-05-2014, 04:22 AM
Hello Omni

Thanks for your answer

My Joysticke configured and works. For water and also throttle flaps and spoilers all ok!
Previously had the problem I write on Capitan MCDU.
and read in the FO MCDU
Monitors changed now I read and write properly, but can not program key assumes no bestädigung.
both MCDU

Regards rigo

filippoporcari
10-05-2014, 10:06 AM
hi jl,
just updated with auto update (4/10 update) and now starting fmgs on client throws I/O ERROR 32 (if i remember well) when launching EIS which i use for all the displays (cpt and fo)
never experienced this
regards
fil

janinp
10-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Hi Fil,

I have exactly the same problem. SD I/O Error 32 and some PFD or ND panels cannot be displayed. Hope we can solve this together with JH.

Pierre

navigator88
10-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Hi everybody, I've got the same problem after updating the A320 FMGS software. i/o error 32 with PFD and ND not connected and sometimes with clock or triple indicator or ISIS not displayed. Hope Jeehell will solve these issues with a new update.

Ben

OmniAtlas
10-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread:

JL - thank you for the A/Thr fix -- engines do not accelerate now on A/THR activated on

Just a couple questions --

-I believe the latest MCDU software on the real aircraft, there is a name change from MDA -> BARO and DH -> ALT (or some variant) on the approach page -- will you be planning to change this?

-I think this was previously mentioned regarding the braking logic -- brakes are locked and require a press on the pedals to release after parking brakes are released. Is this also the same logic on the aircraft? Does pressing both brake pedals on at the same time also release the parking brakes?

- At flaps full, flap sounds are looped and repetitive.

Thank you again for the quick updates.

filippoporcari
10-05-2014, 01:55 PM
ben did u experience any issue starting the EIS on client pc?
i have the exact same issue as reported by pierre
cheers
fil

jess-b
10-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Just to confirm what others are saying. I'm getting a SD I/O error after the latest update. The previous version was working well though.

buentead
10-05-2014, 03:28 PM
I have the same SD I/O error as well. Then I set the 'clock' start-up from 'yes' to 'no' in the starter.ini. And now it works. I didn't verify if I will get the error when I put it back to 'yes' ...

Adrian

filippoporcari
10-05-2014, 05:26 PM
just updated again with this evening auto update but unfortunately the i/o error when running EIS still persist
regards
fil

jess-b
10-05-2014, 06:16 PM
I have the same SD I/O error as well. Then I set the 'clock' start-up from 'yes' to 'no' in the starter.ini. And now it works. I didn't verify if I will get the error when I put it back to 'yes' ...

Adrian

To follow up on this, it appears the issue is with the standby instruments. I did a bit of testing and it seems the software can only display one standby instrument at a time. In my case, I removed the clock, ADF, stby alt, and airspeed and all displayed well. Turing one of these on, and everything still works. However putting two up causes the I/O error. So for now I think I'll stick to the Isis and wait for a fix.

Jess

filippoporcari
10-06-2014, 04:52 AM
just re updated with this morning update and the io error on EIS is gone!
a big thank u JL!
regards
fil