PDA

View Full Version : Saving gauges position not staying

Vonduck
07-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Guys,

Everytime i set up for a flight i have to reset all the gauges to where i want them...

The only one that stays in the same place is the FCU... it stays on 'lock position'... all the other gauges no matter how many times i press lock position' never come back in the same place...

Is there a fix for this or is the process set the gauge>>>lock position>>>save?

Any help appreciated as its gets frustrating and i wont be able to do this with the cockpit set up proper

Cheers

PD -What are the trim controller entries in the button assignment list? I cant seem to find anything there? Obviously cant trim the aircraft without!

Doug

OmniAtlas
07-16-2014, 01:59 AM
Yes, you have to make sure you save the gauges as the last step.
I think you can use the button assignments in the joystick configure menu for trim.

Vonduck
07-16-2014, 02:04 AM
Yes, you have to make sure you save the gauges as the last step.
I think you can use the button assignments in the joystick configure menu for trim.

Thanks Ben for that... I will save the gauges as the last step....I realize you can use the joystick buttons which is what i am trying to do... but the options given to assign to the button in the drop down list...I cannot see "trim" anywhere? Can you illuminate?

OmniAtlas
07-16-2014, 03:19 AM
Hm, if it is not there then trim may have to be set with FSUIPC.

Vonduck
07-16-2014, 05:43 AM
Hm, if it is not there then trim may have to be set with FSUIPC.

Ok cool... this wont cause any conflicts that you know of Ben?

SSO
07-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Ok cool... this wont cause any conflicts that you know of Ben?
I asked Jean Luc the same question a couple of weeks back. Manual trim is not implemented in FMGS and shall be handled though FSUIPC.

I have later read the FCOM and come to wonder how usefull it is except at takeoff as the entire FBW experience is based on autotrim, such that you in normal FBW mode with the joystick only command change in pitch and roll attitude, and a centering of the joystick will command the FBW system to maintain the present attitude (which is achieved by auto trim).

/Stephen

Vonduck
07-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Cheers Stephen, that helps

Ill set it thru FSUIPC... and indeed only good for takeoff... :-D

OmniAtlas
07-16-2014, 07:23 AM
I don't think it causes any conflict.

If the aircraft is so automated do you think its worthwhile investing in a mechanical throttle with motorized trim?

I asked Jean Luc the same question a couple of weeks back. Manual trim is not implemented in FMGS and shall be handled though FSUIPC.

I have later read the FCOM and come to wonder how usefull it is except at takeoff as the entire FBW experience is based on autotrim, such that you in normal FBW mode with the joystick only command change in pitch and roll attitude, and a centering of the joystick will command the FBW system to maintain the present attitude (which is achieved by auto trim).

/Stephen