PDA

View Full Version : My simpit

SSO
05-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Hi,

Got a couple of requests for a display of my FMGS simpit.
I have therefore made a very short video of the layout.
http://youtu.be/Tv_-2GvZW40

The 24" is connected to my FSPC
The iPad1 running the MCDU is connected to the Laptop.
I will be moving the vPilot client off t
All good ideas are welcome. :-)

/Stephen

OmniAtlas
05-26-2014, 01:20 AM
Interesting feet you have there Stephen, I wouldn't make any modifications :)

What flight planning software are you using?

Regards,

Ben

SSO
05-26-2014, 04:08 AM
:-) Summer has come to Denmark.

Flightplanning: I have previously just used vRoute (a VATSIM related APP). After having hardware and software FS parts up and running I have used EFASS as trial the past 3 weeks for route planning and charts. I will probably buy it.
After I have managed to setup SimConnect with P3Dv2 on a nonFS PC, I will be investing in TOPCAT + FXPX.

You?

OmniAtlas
05-26-2014, 06:32 AM
I am using EFass but not very happy with the routing...sometimes it is all over the place.

Also not very happy with the memory usage, over 600 mb.

SSO
05-26-2014, 06:50 AM
I currently see some stuttering in P3Dv2 and my suspect is also EFASS, as this is is the latest addition on the FS machine. It has to be offloaded for many reasons. 1) performance, and 2) Sound of P3D stops when the Application is not the active one. A bit annoying and enough reason do dedicate a machine for this. :-)

But the routing is gathered from one of several external sources - are they not correct?
Mind you I had an odd end of routing to LGTS last night. 2 x 80 deg turns to join the arrival route...

SSO
04-26-2015, 06:32 PM
An update :-)

Finally got the Virtual Cockpit frame running.

Below a link to my setup based on P3D, JeeHell FMGS A320 with a merged Virtual Cockpit frame from Aerosoft X.
The latter is only needed to increase realism as I only have a front 100" screen and no hardware frame.

http://youtu.be/kR7CdpsrUbU

Hard & soft:
4 PCs (one Powerfull and 3 laptops)
P3Dv2.4
vPilot & WoAI
JeeHell FMGS A320 suite
Skalarki FCU
CockpitSonic RMP
Thurstmaster Warthog Throttle&Stick