PDA

View Full Version : B33 Partial disconnect of FCU and MCDU

SSO
05-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Hi there,

Had the following experience on a flight EKCH-LOWW.
Enroute I was cleared direct MIKOV.
- After this the distance to the DIR WP and Time estimations were all wrong. Landing was planned for 2113z and the MCDU showed 0000z. The waypoints prior to the landing showed times associated with the wrong distance.
- Following this the software FCU partially disconnected. This means that I was able to press all the buttons and the AP, as well as the PFD and ND were updated, but the displays as well as knob positions on the FCU were not.
- Around the same time I observed tha the (CPT) MCDU no longer updated or reacted to input.
- So even without updates of FCU and MCDU FMGS was able to capture the ILS, listen
to Flaps settings and update the speed tape accordingly.

I did get one info box on the FS PC. The message was quite anonymous so I have no idea what program sent the MSG BOX. The text was: Currently it is not possible to download online data due to the following reason: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occured on a received
Is this from FMGS?

Setup:
OH, MCDU, FCU run on my laptop. The displays all run on my FS PC.

Ideas?

bobsta63
05-16-2014, 10:03 AM
I can't really answer your MDCU issue but maybe that message is coming from your weather engine? (eg. ActiveSky can output messages directly to FSX/P3D) - ActiveSky uses a web service to download METAR and TAF infomation maybe at the time the API endpoint was unavailable (server offline).

...just a thought!

jeehell
05-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Hi,

There should be a log file for the FMGS Server (called FMGSserverLog.txt), it can be useful to me . It looks like a bug in the VNAV, but with the log I could maybe make sure it is that.
The error message you describe does not look like it comes from one of my applications...

Regards,
JL