PDA

View Full Version : Shared Cockpit feature

OmniAtlas
05-10-2014, 10:51 AM
I was watching a few videos of the Majestic Dash 8 and the soon to be released "shared" cockpit where switches, fms, control tasks can be performed by a PF and PNF over the internet.

Seeing as as fmgs has been programmed to work over a network, would this also work over the internet?

jeehell
05-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi,

I haven't tested, but in theory nothing is against it. You just must make sure the local ports are open to the internet network on your firewall/router, and that if you're connected behind a router, the port redirections are correct for all the used ports (the 8003 to 8007 serie).

Regards,
JL

Stephan Schwarz
05-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Hey,

well, then you have the FMGS synchronized via internet, but how would you share the flight simulator?

Regards,
Stephan

OmniAtlas
05-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Hey,

well, then you have the FMGS synchronized via internet, but how would you share the flight simulator?

Regards,
Stephan

fs9, fsx used to have a multiplayer mode so perhaps it could be done that way?

OmniAtlas
05-11-2014, 04:14 AM
Hi,

I haven't tested, but in theory nothing is against it. You just must make sure the local ports are open to the internet network on your firewall/router, and that if you're connected behind a router, the port redirections are correct for all the used ports (the 8003 to 8007 serie).

Regards,
JL

thanks jl, will attempt it out perhaps to see if it compatible with a p3d multiplayer mode.