PDA

View Full Version : Gwyn has a new job!

Westozy
03-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi all,
We have the ex JAL 747-400 cockpit almost completed at last and we have had the beast flying. The sim centre opens in April and I'm thrilled to be invited onto staff to assist with training duties! Have a look at the new website - www.747flightsensation.com.au (http://www.747flightsensation.com.au/) I will still be reopening Aerosim Solutions when my 737 sim is finished hopefully in time for Worldflight this year!

Cheers Gwyn

Shawn
03-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Very nice Gwyn, congratulations.

birdyguy
03-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Congratulations Gwyn.

OmniAtlas
03-08-2014, 02:31 AM
Awesome Gwyn, looks like you guys will be competing with Flight Experience :)

Westozy
03-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Awesome Gwyn, looks like you guys will be competing with Flight Experience :)

With a real jumbo cockpit sim, a 737NG sim, a Cessna 172 sim and a racecar sim all in the same centre, it will be Flight Experience competing with us!! It certainly is an exciting project to be involved in...Cheers guys!

Geremy Britton
03-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Well done Gwyn, best of luck in your new role!
It seems the flight sim experience boom is going on in Australia too.
Catch up with you soon!

Westozy
03-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Hi guys,
A couple of recent pics of the Jumbo, the rear section of the cockpit framework is up with a space for the instructor station and cabin door.
Cheers Gwyn

manhattan
03-24-2014, 07:23 AM
Hi Gwyn.

Congrats on the job!

Can you advise me?
I am building a CRJ 700 and want to place buttons such as master warning etc in the glareshield but don't know how to interface these physical buttons with FS? I will be flying with panels built with FS Panel Studio on seperate monitors, and a clear outside view. Have you encountered this problem?

Hope you can help...

TONY Plymouth UK

Westozy
03-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Hi Gwyn.

Congrats on the job!

Can you advise me?
I am building a CRJ 700 and want to place buttons such as master warning etc in the glareshield but don't know how to interface these physical buttons with FS? I will be flying with panels built with FS Panel Studio on seperate monitors, and a clear outside view. Have you encountered this problem?

Hope you can help...

TONY Plymouth UK

Hi Tony,
Software is not my forte but I'm sure the glareshield buttons will interface via FSUIPC or direct via keystroke assignments. I have two FDS Sys1X cards for interfacing everything but I'm still a while away from actually doing it, sorry. I would post your question on a new thread and someone will help out!
Cheers Gwyn

Joe Lavery
03-25-2014, 02:58 AM
Tony,

If you're only using buttons and not illuminated buttons one of Leo Bodnar's card will do exactly what you want. You simply connect the buttons to the card which will appear as a multifunction joystick in your PC. Then you assign whatever you want using FSUIPC, which I believe has to be a registered version to program it like this.
It you need to show led's lighting at the same time you need a more sophisticated setup with an input output card like those that Gwyn is using.

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=180

This is the one I use, it has all the connectors on board, including analog inputs for axes controls. He does other boards that are cheaper if you don't need the analog control.

Hope that helps.
Joe