PDA

View Full Version : DUAL SETS OF PEDALS EACH USB CONNECTED?

manhattan
02-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi Folks!

I have two sets of pedals that I want to connect to my pc. If I plug both usb leads into the computer, will this cause conflict? Is there any way of allowing both pilots to use their pedals without causing problems? I considered a usb switch over box, but this will just have the same effect as putting usb plugs in and out when selecting left or right pilots pedals causing constant install and un-install!!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

TONY Plymouth UK

samfranklin
02-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Well they couldn't both be used at the same time but they should be able to be used at the same time!

manhattan
02-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Is your reply in Cornish?

Shawn
02-11-2014, 01:36 PM
He is saying that you can have both hooked up and operational but you would not be able to make control inputs on both devices at the same time. Multiple devices designed to do the same thing can be hooked up but only one can be used to make a control input at any given time. FSUIPC will read whichever device has made the greatest movement and send that information to flight sim. True dual rudder pedals are only really possible with a mechanical connection between the pedals, then only one set of pedals is used to read position.

Shawn

samfranklin
02-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Is your reply in Cornish?
Sorry I realised that was very badly worded but somebody else cleared it up for you!

I meant they could both be plugged in and functional but you couldn't have both being used differently at the same time!

manhattan
02-12-2014, 05:26 AM
Sorry I realised that was very badly worded but somebody else cleared it up for you!

I meant they could both be plugged in and functional but you couldn't have both being used differently at the same time!

Thanks to both of you for your explanations. Providing only one pilot is operating the pedals at a time, the input to FS should be accurate? The "you have control" and "I have control" procedure should apply strictly for this to work?

Thanks again.

TONY