PDA

View Full Version : General cockpit first, then Mitsubishi MU-2

benkog
01-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Hello Everybody!

I'm Gabor from Hungary, near city of Győr. I plan to build my first cockpit but there are some open questions.
I fly FSX from two years (before FS2004). I have a lot of Saitek panels: Autopilot, Radio and Switch, 2 pcs FIP (one for HSI and one for ILS), yoke, pedals and X-52 joy (sometimes for gliding:-) ). Also I have an MJoy card to another switches (pause, changing cockpit views, another switches what not's in Saitek Switch Panel etc.) I plan two PCs put in one network, 1st PC runs scenery (Eyefinity system with 3xLenovo 2251 LCDs), 2nd PC for instruments (one 17" LCD for gauges). These PCs I plan to connect with Wideview, but I don't know what's the best solution to show gauges. I don't want to buy a lot of Saitek FIPs...
My favourite plane is Mitsubishi MU2, therefore I want build this cockpit in the future :-) Anybody else?
I study another cockpits since two years, I've a lot of pics, ideas, plans, sizes, solutions, but I have some questions. If anybody have notices, ideas, advices to me, please send me! I know, this is a never ending story to develop or make better my cockpit... I have time and endurance. :-)
Many thanks for your valuable help!

Gabor Benko
HA-BEN

fsx-cockpit
01-29-2014, 12:03 PM
I did it with FSPanel the instruments, if you mean that ;)
Look on my homepage. I did all in one with Link2FS.
CU Chris

Avro748
01-30-2014, 01:55 AM
I don't understand why anyone would get a Saitek FIP. You spend hundreds of dollars for each cartooney looking instrument, when you could spend less and buy a monitor to display better looking ones behind your panel.

benkog
01-30-2014, 04:52 AM
Hi Avro748!

Saitek FIP have buttons and rotaries e.g. to HSI. Display haven't and I don't want click with mouse on display. As you can read, I want to build general cockpit, FIP is the best solution for me, I think.

FSXcockpit,

thanks for FSPanel. I'll try on weekend :)

BenkoG

fsx-cockpit
01-30-2014, 02:40 PM
My build has knobs at instruments :) All working fine! Donīt need Saitek products.
Saitek expensive if you want all functions. Thats why I sell my Cockpits to guys who not have that money....

Avro748
01-30-2014, 05:25 PM
But then again, just get a rotary encoder for less than $5 and you can do just that! I mean, one monitor and a few encoders and you have the functionality of $600 or more worth of those low resolution Saitek gauges for probably under $100.

benkog
01-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Hello!

Yes, You have right with knobs, encoders and switches. But: I haven't a workshop, place to build, supporting family, appropriate tools and skillful hands. But: I very love flying in real world and very want to fly in my sim. I want to build now a little cockpit, try to building "like real" things, maybe in next round I'll build real gear lever, flaps indicator etc, But now I use Saitek FIP because it's really easy to me now.
I'm very grateful to Your support and help. :-))

HA-BEN