PDA

View Full Version : iPad setup

low fidelity
01-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi all,

Wondering if anybody can help with a problem I'm having using an iPad with my setup.

I'm running a multi monitor FSX setup, including Luis Gordo's excellent Instructor Station, on Windows 8. All was nice and stable and running well.

Inspired by others on here I decided to network my iPad to the system and use the AirDisplay app so that I could run Instructor Station on the iPad. AirDisplay runs well by itself and after some fiddling with resolution problems I can run iStation nicely on the iPad.

However, The problem comes when I try to start FSX in this configuration. If I start AirDisplay first then FSX just won't start, saying that my graphics card is insufficient. If I start FSX then AirDisplay things are better. The system looks stable for a while and I can drag the iStation window onto the iPad. However as soon as I make an input to iStation the whole thing falls over, screens go black and eventually just displays the desktop. FSX is minimised and still running, but when I try to maximise it the screen blanking and cycling thing starts gain and we end up back at the desktop.

I'm a bit perplexed, especially as others on here seem to be using the same setup with no issues. Any suggestions or tales of similar experiences warmly welcomed!

Cheers,
Matt

MrTersekie
04-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I"ve used Displaylink without any issues outside of FSX's occasional hiccups. That's before I started using my iPad as an FMC via the iFMC app.