PDA

View Full Version : Full A320 dual seat trainer

GodAtum
12-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Looking at the options I have found http://skalarki-electronics.eu/ and Flight Deck Solutions. They both look excellent but FDS has more history as a seller. Anyone dealt with Skalarki before?

dodiano
12-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Skalarki is Highly recommended! Excellent costumer support and excellent products and very easy to use!

adonismartinez
12-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Looking at the options I have found http://skalarki-electronics.eu/ and Flight Deck Solutions. They both look excellent but FDS has more history as a seller. Anyone dealt with Skalarki before?

Hi

I have been using Skalarki for about three years and things works very very nice, very affordable price with an excellent quality and support from Marcin is always available, you got responses always.

FDS has good products too, however they seems to be focusing in a bigger and more specialized market and their enthusiastic field seems to be reducing.

Also Skalarki is in constant development, you get new versions updates and compatibility with more and recent products, personally I reccomend it.

Regars.

Adonis

SimStar001
12-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Hello GodAtum,

first of all I have to say... BUY ALL COMPONETS FROM SKALARKI.

I have started building my cockpit 3 Years ago and at this time I haven't hear from SKALARKI. Unfortunatly. So I started building my cockpit with buying FDS MIP Panels and MIP Hardware as well as the FDS IO Board.
Product quality was good, but compairing it with SKALARKI, I have to say that SKALARKI's products are much much better than FDS. First in Panelquality, Backlighting (Skalarki using LEDs, FDS bulbs), look an feel at all, and the most two important things are the IO hardware/software as well as the great customer support, which I havent seen anywhere until now.
Next Issue to decide for SKALARKI is the price and what you will get for it. His products are in comparision to all other cockpit supliers very cheep. You can order products Plug and Play or in components for self assambling if you like.
One example. SKALARKI's TQ costs about 1500 Euro, FDS one costs about 4500 Euro. I have bought SKALARKI's TQ and his quality is impressive. I also had the chance to compare his TQ with Cockpit Sonic 's TQ which one costs as well about 4000 Euro, and again I have to say that SKALARKI did very good work and in my oppinion his TQ is the best.

So all in all I have to say .... >>>> Go starting Cockpit with SKALARKI, and stay with him. There you will get all you need.
Once I will start again building cockpit, I would do it this way!

Best Regards Marco

filippoporcari
12-13-2013, 04:55 PM
hello there,
i dealt with FDS in my old 737 project i actually sold: nothing wrong with them, very good quality...support via email, not on the same day...a bit expensive considering shipping & customs if u don't live in canada.
my actual a320 project is an ALL SKALARKI product...my whole dual seat training device comes from skalarki, what to say??? everything is just perfect!
very good quality, easy setup thru profiler...total compatibility if u use wilco, PM, AST or JEEHELL.
the MOST important part if u choose skalarki is the communication: usually same day answer if thru email...but CONSTANT support (some 16 h a day!!!!!!) on skype...he followed me step by step when needed and always open to hear ideas or suggestions. put on top of that a true competitive price for what u get.
should someone ask me i would RECOMMEND SKALARKI...no dubt.
just my 2 cents
filippo

GodAtum
12-16-2013, 05:53 AM
Thanks for your recommendations :) My plan is to get all the avionic components from skalarki, the A320 shell from FDS and the FSL A320 P3D software when it's released.

I also need to find a 180 curved screen. I have had a quote from a company called Immersive Display which was £8k.

filippoporcari
12-16-2013, 06:49 AM
is the FSL 320 suitable for a networked setup???! i mean PFDs NDs SD EWD MCDUs on networked pc(s)???

GodAtum
12-16-2013, 07:12 AM
is the FSL 320 suitable for a networked setup???! i mean PFDs NDs SD EWD MCDUs on networked pc(s)???

yes they will be selling a home cockpit version (only on P3D though). I'm guessing this will be a similar price as Sim Avionics.

If anyone knows anyone good at DIY and could make a plywood curved screen in the UK?

filippoporcari
12-16-2013, 07:18 AM
p3d 1.4 & 2.0 or only one of the two versions?
regards
fil

filippoporcari
12-16-2013, 07:37 AM
p3d 1.4 & 2.0 or only one of the two versions?
regards
fil

GodAtum
12-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Not sure yet.

Irinside
12-16-2013, 09:00 AM

Hi there

I have recently had Marcin from Skalarki build me a complete 2 seat cockpit, the workmanship is excellent and the customer service could not be better! see www.simflightni.com/index.php (http://www.simflightni.com/index.php) and read about the build

Philip

GodAtum
12-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Hi there

I have recently had Marcin from Skalarki build me a complete 2 seat cockpit, the workmanship is excellent and the customer service could not be better! see www.simflightni.com/index.php (http://www.simflightni.com/index.php) and read about the build

Philip

oh wow thats my dream come true lol! Call me picky but I did notice the MCP heading dial is missing the blue triangle ;)

Irinside
12-16-2013, 12:04 PM
oh wow thats my dream come true lol! Call me picky but I did notice the MCP heading dial is missing the blue triangle ;)ok picky, this is an Airbus with an MIP as opposed to a Boeing with an MCP and unless Marcin has added one recently I am not aware of a blue triangle on the heading dial!

GodAtum
12-16-2013, 12:16 PM
ok picky, this is an Airbus with an MIP as opposed to a Boeing with an MCP and unless Marcin has added one recently I am not aware of a blue triangle on the heading dial!

Sorry got my terms mixed up, but there is a blue arrow in real life if you search Google images for "a320 cockpit" ;)

OmniAtlas
12-27-2013, 03:31 AM
Thank you for this thread. I hope to buy from Skalarki soon.

Do you know how I can contact him? I tried the contact form on the website but there is no 'catcha' image and therefore I am unable to send the -email.

GodAtum
12-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Thank you for this thread. I hope to buy from Skalarki soon.

Do you know how I can contact him? I tried the contact form on the website but there is no 'catcha' image and therefore I am unable to send the -email.

try the forums

filippoporcari
12-27-2013, 02:52 PM
hi,
this is the email address contactATskalarki-electronics.eu he's away for holidays until 30 or 31.

about the blue triangle on the HDG knob: yes the real 320 has a blue triangle...on scalarki FCU the triangle in present (molded) but not coloured in blue...u can paint it easily!
cheers
fil

richard.long
08-16-2016, 03:08 PM
Is this thread still alive? I'm Considering integrating a complete Skalarki setup with the FDS modular nose and glareshield structure.

Anyone interested in discussing?

Thanks

OmniAtlas
08-17-2016, 02:16 AM
Hi Richard - check out this thread - http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30744&page=6&p=164007#post164007

if you are interested I can add you the list.

There is a lack of suppliers in the interior liner space and we are trying to get this organised.

Regards,

Ben

rockpapst
08-17-2016, 04:35 AM
Is this thread still alive? I'm Considering integrating a complete Skalarki setup with the FDS modular nose and glareshield structure.

Anyone interested in discussing?

Thanks

the skalarki parts will not fit perfectly in FDS structure. Skalarki is really good stuff, i also use it but the dimensons of the MIP are not 100% acurate. As far as i know FDS are closer to the original airbus dimensons. i had the same idea cause the shell from FDS has a good price. I contact FDS and told them that i have a Skalarki MIP an would like to have the shell and they told me that the Skalarki MIP wouldn't fit in the shell. a MIP from JAA simulators should fit they use 10,4" for ND PFD and also for the ECAM. JAA told me that they work with the original dimensons.
You could try it with the vier im pott shell frame. Skalarki and vier im pott are partners so the skalarki stuff should fit in the vier im pott stuff.

regards
Kevin

richard.long
08-17-2016, 04:56 AM
Hi Ben,

Thanks for suggesting the thread. I can't commit to the list of interested parties at this stage as my priority is the core simulator. Once I have selected a shell solution I will then he to determine the most suitable liner solution.

Im an experienced aerospace CAD engineer and run my own seat of Solidworks. I have some ideas for a low cost set of liners so will be happy to participate in the conversations.

Id like to know what experience people have of the FDS nose section and using it with an instrument structure based on Skalarki components? I'm thinking of integration the Skalarki MIP with the FDS nose and FDS glareshield structure.
Does anyone have thoughts on this?
Thanks.

OmniAtlas
08-17-2016, 05:55 AM
Hi Richard --

I've been in a few FDS full A320 rigs -- most recently the Emirates A320 experience in London, and SimFlightKL in Kuala Lumpur. I have several pictures of their setup on my blog.

Their interior liners are made out of metal and are hand built -- I believe they are considering fibreglass (like their 737 liner set).

FDS usually sells their shell and interior liners to their dual trainer customers. I have their MIP so it should match up to their shell perfectly -- my only concerns is its going to be extremely costly to ship it over here to Sydney based on the weight and package size and I don't have the full room for the full shell (only planning to build the forward section).

Their liners are also not advertised on their website so I do not know how much they will cost.
Vier-im pott has a structural setup for smaller builds ("mini shell") and that is for consideration.

rockpapst
08-17-2016, 06:58 AM
Hi Richard --

I've been in a few FDS full A320 rigs -- most recently the Emirates A320 experience in London, and SimFlightKL in Kuala Lumpur. I have several pictures of their setup on my blog.

Their interior liners are made out of metal and are hand built -- I believe they are considering fibreglass (like their 737 liner set).

FDS usually sells their shell and interior liners to their dual trainer customers. I have their MIP so it should match up to their shell perfectly -- my only concerns is its going to be extremely costly to ship it over here to Sydney based on the weight and package size and I don't have the full room for the full shell (only planning to build the forward section).

Their liners are also not advertised on their website so I do not know how much they will cost.
Vier-im pott has a structural setup for smaller builds ("mini shell") and that is for consideration.

vier im pott also offers a newer frame (Std M-Frame) its only for the FWD overhead and the 2 Side window its about 2,90 meters wide and about 2 meters depth (+/-). just contact them they will give you the details. or send me a PM i can send you a pic of it buld up in my room.

regards
Kevin

richard.long
08-17-2016, 07:34 AM
Hi Ben, Kevin,

I've been in touch with 4IP and they provided me some info on their frames.

For me it comes down to a trade-off between integration capability and completeness.

If I go with the VIP frame then I'll be using the Skalarki-supplied overhead box/frame which, I have been advised, is compatible with the VIP frame but not with their liners. I'd then have to come up with a bespoke overhead liner solution.

In addition, I still need to create the enclosure and window geometry as I'm not yet planning to invest in the VIP interior, although it does look sublime;).

Alternatively, the FDS nose section will give an immediate enclosure and window geometry which can be used to integrate a bespoke liner solution. My concern is that I do not know how the Skalarki overhead would integrate into the shell and I would need an MIP and glare solution compatible with both Skalarki. I'd integrate it myself but every step is a patchwork of compromises.

Ben do you know if the Skalarki FCU and Glare wings would integrate easily into the FDS Glareshield?

Kevin I'd like to see some pictures of your set up. Are you using the VIP overhead frame?

Thanks guys
Richard

rockpapst
08-17-2016, 07:46 AM
Hi Ben, Kevin,

I've been in touch with 4IP and they provided me some info on their frames.

For me it comes down to a trade-off between integration capability and completeness.

If I go with the VIP frame then I'll be using the Skalarki-supplied overhead box/frame which, I have been advised, is compatible with the VIP frame but not with their liners. I'd then have to come up with a bespoke overhead liner solution.

In addition, I still need to create the enclosure and window geometry as I'm not yet planning to invest in the VIP interior, although it does look sublime;).

Alternatively, the FDS nose section will give an immediate enclosure and window geometry which can be used to integrate a bespoke liner solution. My concern is that I do not know how the Skalarki overhead would integrate into the shell and I would need an MIP and glare solution compatible with both Skalarki. I'd integrate it myself but every step is a patchwork of compromises.

Ben do you know if the Skalarki FCU and Glare wings would integrate easily into the FDS Glareshield?

Kevin I'd like to see some pictures of your set up. Are you using the VIP overhead frame?

Thanks guys
Richard

hey,

please send me a PM with You email adress.
i dont Use the vip overhead frame.
The FDS give you the shape of the window but thats it. The VIP Frame is easier to add smth that is bot from VIP cause its complete open in every site.
the FDs Shell is complete closed. I think the VIP Frame is better if You Want build smth in You own.

regards
Kevin

richard.long
08-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Hi all,

Here are some pics of my Skalarki-based Sim.

Richardhttp://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11708&stc=1http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11709&stc=1http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11710&stc=1

OmniAtlas
08-18-2016, 12:02 AM

Thanks guys
Richard

Hi Richard, the glarewings will most likely not interface with the glareshield because they are specifically made to interface with the FDS glarewings.

You should be able to fit a skalarki FCU and EFIS as long as you can build a frame (or get one supplied) for the glareshield. I am using a CP Flight FCU + EFIS and FDS was able to provide me with a custom frame to fit these items in perfectly.

You can check the FDS MIP review on my website. Are you planning to manufacture your sidestick console designs? They are looking very nice.

richard.long
08-18-2016, 06:06 AM
Hi Ben,

Hi Richard, the glarewings will most likely not interface with the glareshield because they are specifically made to interface with the FDS glarewings.

My intention would be to removed the glare wings from the glareshield assembly and replace with the Skalarki wings. I don't know for certaint but it looks like the g/wing features in the FDS glareshield structure form part of the structure. Can you confirm this?

By the way do you know roughly what is the slope of the MIP and glareshield with respect to vertical? I've seen figures of ~15deg around the net but nothing concrete. It allso appears to me that the glareshield is inclined beyond 90deg from the MIP face.

Are you planning to manufacture your sidestick console designs? They are looking very nice.

I'm not sure about manufacturing. I have a design for a strucutre which can be machined from plywood as well as the console top from polyurethene. I will probably have it manufactured rather than fabricate it myself. If it works out to be quite nice I'll certainly make it available for others.

What have you done for your side stick consoles?

Richard

OmniAtlas
08-18-2016, 06:23 AM
Take a look at http://flightsystem.wixsite.com/airbus/single-post/2015/12/10/Flight-Deck-Solution-A320-MIP-Review

I have a picture of the glarewings removed....so perhaps you may be able to make adjustments with the Skalarki wings and fit it in -- usually FDS will only sell the full MIP (with glareshield), so I am not too sure if you can buy the glareshield separately.

I am still waiting for someone to come out with a sidestick console......I placed a deposit with Simquip but that went sour pretty quickly (he couldn't deliver the product); luckily I got my deposit back.

richard.long
08-18-2016, 07:41 AM
Hmm, FDS advertises the A320 glare as a single item with an individual price. I'll speak with Peter if I decide to go that route.

If you want to build your own SSconsoles and if I can help then we could share some ideas and see what we can come up with(?)

I was in touch with Simquip regarding side sticks but wasn't aware they made consoles as well. They also pointed out that the console top is not sloped, as it is in the pictures in my model above. I haven't updated my model until I can figure i out if there is a slope or not. The MIP side speaker panel which sits above the SSConsole has a slight inclination which gave me the impression that the console top is sloped. Perhaps someone knows better?

OmniAtlas
08-19-2016, 10:02 AM
Hmm, FDS advertises the A320 glare as a single item with an individual price. I'll speak with Peter if I decide to go that route.

If you want to build your own SSconsoles and if I can help then we could share some ideas and see what we can come up with(?)

I was in touch with Simquip regarding side sticks but wasn't aware they made consoles as well. They also pointed out that the console top is not sloped, as it is in the pictures in my model above. I haven't updated my model until I can figure i out if there is a slope or not. The MIP side speaker panel which sits above the SSConsole has a slight inclination which gave me the impression that the console top is sloped. Perhaps someone knows better?

I had several lengthy discussions with SimQuip, and they could not deliver. I'm just wondering why go to the extent of time wasting (on their and my side), if you cannot manufacture an item you advertise. I would stay away -- as others in this forum have also mentioned.

omarhabeeb
10-17-2017, 10:22 PM
Hello guys

i need help with installing skalarki fcu just received it and i have no clue where to start from

cmdr114b
10-20-2017, 07:11 AM
Hello guys

i need help with installing skalarki fcu just received it and i have no clue where to start from

Why not contact Marcin at Skalarki, I am sure he will help.
John

EdwardInBeijing
06-12-2020, 02:24 AM
I have a complete Skarlari set that I'm very happy with. Support is very good and personal. Marcin has built the company up and they are producing ever better equipment. I'm hoping to upgrade my setup over the next couple of years.I had a very little conversation with FDS and they were quite snooty and wouldn't work with my requirements.[img]https://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13194&d=1591942912[//img]

EdwardInBeijing
06-12-2020, 02:26 AM
Hello guys i need help with installing skalarki fcu just received it and i have no clue where to start fromIf you haven't had any other offers yet, PM me and I'll see what I can do to help you.