PDA

View Full Version : Benq W1070 or SP840 - Rainbow effect...

SSO
11-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up a new system for X-plane and/or FSX. I have been out of the game for the last couple of years due to family commitment.

In connection with this I am moving to a projector based external view, and was recommended to go for a BenQ projector.
When I read reviews they comment on rainbow effect for the above projectors, and it actually being worst for the SP840, which is the oldest but most expensive of the two.

Any opinions on rainbow effects influence in FS or experience with the above two projectors

Thanks in advance

Stephen Odgaard

OmniAtlas
11-12-2013, 01:40 AM
How about the W1080ST?

SSO
11-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your input.
What would I gain from upgrading to the W1080ST?

/Stephen

OmniAtlas
11-12-2013, 05:39 AM
short throw projector.

Helpful if you want to setup a 'shell' for your cockpit, or if you want to use multiple projectors.

SSO
11-12-2013, 05:47 AM
short throw projector.

Helpful if you want to setup a 'shell' for your cockpit, or if you want to use multiple projectors.

Got it! I see the point and have now upgraded.
One thing that puzzles me:
Projectors are created with optics to focus on a flat screen (the image is at varying horizontal distance from the lens). Does that not mean that on a curved screen the user must select one area of focus and all other will be out of focus?
Or do you need to purchase an add on lens to allow for for a constant horizontal distance from the lens as it will be if the lens is at the centre of the circle?

/Stephen

OmniAtlas
11-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Google immersive display lite.

You need to use warping software.