PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Circuit Help

Justin Browning
11-10-2013, 10:49 PM
It's time for more flight sim interface questions. I have scoured the 'net and have found many references to pulse generator circuits and the like (including products offered from Desktop Aviator and the Leo Bodnar card), but I am having trouble following the schematics.

Here's my question/request:

I have a GPWiz-40 from Groovy Game Gear, which provides me with a decent quantity of buttons. I have momentary push buttons which, work like a charm, but I would also like to incorporate toggle switches to handle functions such as "Taxi Light On" and "Taxi Light Off" in the respective switch positions.

I am hoping someone can show me via step by step what components to use to create a pulse circuit to accomplish this. I am good at following directions, but can't always visualize the intended outcome. For reference, it is a 5 volt source.

Thanks.

Justin

tiburon
11-11-2013, 01:48 AM
You can connect toggle switches to Leo's cards no problem, no need for extra circuits.

Justin Browning
11-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Thank you for the reply tiburon, I was aware of the pretty much "plug and play" capability of the Bodnar card, but I need assistance with a "dumb" card. My intent is not to purchase the Bodnar card at this time, I think I need something simple, like, take capacitor and solder here then take relay and solder here type thing.

Thanks again.

tiburon
11-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Maybe somebody has a clue what you're talking about and can help you, I have no idea.

Avro748
11-11-2013, 03:49 PM
If you want to have input from both switch positions, you will either need an double throw toggle switch, or you will need to set FSUIPC to read a switch turning to it's off position as an input. Either way, momentary switches will not help you, as you need continuous input.