PDA

View Full Version : Opencockpits uk distributor

Harry Spillett
11-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi guys,

Clue is in the title really! I am looking to build my own GA style avionics rack. Due to the fact I will need inputs in the form of push buttons and encoders and outputs in the form of 7 segment displays I am considering using opencockpits I/O cards. I can buy them direct from the manufacturer however the postage to the UK is rather expensive. Does anyone know of a UK distributor I can use (other than Proviation)?

Regards,

Harry

Geremy Britton
11-04-2013, 06:58 PM
There isn't one, perhaps try contacting them with your exact address and see if they can give you an exact postage cost that might be reduced, or ask if there's a cheaper option available?

Good luck

Harry Spillett
11-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks Geremy,

I am waiting to hear back from Proviation. I have had an email saying they can supply the cards but I havent had the price list yet. It looks as though they are updating the website or doing a stock check. I can't get a response.

I will try opencockpits direct as you suggest, this project may end up costing too much!

Regards,

Harry

Joe Lavery
11-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Anyone thinking of Buying from Proviation should read this thread first!

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/476735-proviation-customer-care-problems-12.html

Joe.

tiburon
11-05-2013, 02:24 AM
You could try this, http://www.aviationmegastore.com
it's in Holland, maybe postage is less then from Spain.

rockliffe
11-14-2013, 05:34 AM
I agree with Joe, Proviation are a complete load of wasters and shouldn't be allowed to trade. If you buy from them then do so at your own risk. I have had dealings with them several times and they are useless. They don't reply to emails, answer phone messages, or reply to their socalled online support request service. I bought a £425 VRinsight MCP from them that went useless after only 8 months, after trying to make contact over 7 days I gave up and found that Flightstore, who had nothing to do with my purchase, very kindly and efficiently offered to send the item back and organise a replacement unit. So I would highly recommend Flightstore for any purchases, they will certainly be my first port of call for future dealings.