PDA

View Full Version : Creating an 135 degree in one view (increase FOV- or angle of view).

A320 copilot
10-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Hello guys

There many systems that play with a one projector (or even screen) with at least 130 degree of view without adding another projector (or even screen).
The problem is i try to decrease the initial zoom which is normal 0.30 in default fsx to less than this but fsx cannot read below 0.30 , i do that because when you decrease the camera zoon by pressing (-) button in your keyboard you will see more wider view normally.
I am one of the simmers which they avoid using of multiple displays due to its performance hitting.
So the only way is to increase (widing) the view and i thrust there is a way to increase the view (editing method).

Note: i try to downoad the windowmaker tool from here but the server is bad that make some downloads not downloadable.........

Anyone can make its surround viewing without needing to multiple displays which cause the hitting in the performance, yes the surround view is not complete but at least it is 135 degree. Surely if you have a projector and some handmade curved screen...

Finally i nbed to say something,,,, the helping in this thread is a very important to me, it will make me starting my flight normally rather than seating and see my cockpit as a some furniture machine...

I am waiting the helped answers...

Thx.

anijan
10-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Hello A320 Copilot,

There is a little app to change your field of view in FSX. You can find it at www.tocaedit.com (http://www.tocaedit.com) in the downloads under Game Specific/Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It is called fsxfov3.zip and allows to change your field of view. Hope you can do something with that.

Glad to hear if that works for you.

Jan

OmniAtlas
10-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the link to the program...I will give it a try.

OmniAtlas
10-20-2013, 04:00 AM
Hello A320 Copilot,

There is a little app to change your field of view in FSX. You can find it at www.tocaedit.com (http://www.tocaedit.com) in the downloads under Game Specific/Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It is called fsxfov3.zip and allows to change your field of view. Hope you can do something with that.

Glad to hear if that works for you.

Jan

No such luck getting the program to work on Windows 7, FSX -- how did you enable it?

A320 copilot
10-20-2013, 05:46 AM
No such luck getting the program to work on Windows 7, FSX -- how did you enable it?

Yes, i hope he help us !!!!!!!

OmniAtlas
10-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Tried installing VB 6.0 with no such luck.

anijan
10-20-2013, 10:42 AM
I didn't have any problem using it on my W7/64bit FSX computer. If I look into my "modules" folder in FSX, there is a copy of "fsxFOV3.exe", together with a file called "fsxFOV.ini". Possibly that is missing? This .ini file contains the following text:

[Main]
FOV=90
wFOV=120
v=1
sFOV=0
a=1

You can copy and save this as a textfile, then change the name to fsxFOV.ini.
If you then doubleclick the exe-file, you should get a small window called "FOV Hack - FSX v1.0" with 2 sliders where you can manipulate the X- and Y field of view. If you leave the sliders at 1.0, everything is normal, but you can move both sliders from 0,001 to 6 and the field of view changes accordingly.
Hope this helps.

Jan

OmniAtlas
10-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi Jan, I have the fsxfov.ini file and have tried your settings but I see no changes within FSX - I have tried manipulating the sliders with FSX open with the default zoom with no difference in the FOV.

Am I missing a step?

A320 copilot
10-20-2013, 04:54 PM
I install it, and change the slidders but nothing change in fsx...
i thing there is a specific place to this two files, then they will do the job....

Any help importantly!!!!!!

anijan
10-21-2013, 03:48 AM
Sorry, but I'm afraid I cannot help you any further. For me it works just fine. Like I said, I installed it in the modules folder of FSX. Perhaps that could be of influence? Another thing possibly: I start up FSX first and then the FSXfov3. Oh, and I am using a triple screen set-up on a Matrox TH2G and a NVidia GTX580. Does that help you?
Hope you will be able to get it to work.

Jan

A320 copilot
10-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Sorry, but I'm afraid I cannot help you any further. For me it works just fine. Like I said, I installed it in the modules folder of FSX. Perhaps that could be of influence? Another thing possibly: I start up FSX first and then the FSXfov3. Oh, and I am using a triple screen set-up on a Matrox TH2G and a NVidia GTX580. Does that help you?
Hope you will be able to get it to work.

Jan

Can you tell me where it work, i mean in which camera , virtual cockpit or cockpit camera or in which camera mode it work ?

anijan
10-21-2013, 10:32 AM
I use the 2D front view in windowed mode, without the instrument panel. The FOV.exe allows a broader image for the front view of my cockpit with the 3 screens than what is possible with the minimum zoom of 0.30.
The second output of my graphic card is used for the screen of a VRI CDUII display. There is also a second graphic card (GeForce210) in the computer, which is used for the primary flight instruments (undocked pop-ups). All these are not influenced by the FSXfov program. The Windows desktop is stretched over all displays.
I am planning to change to a 2 projector set up and then won't need the FSXfov anymore. I also hope to gain a few fps then, because I will use both outputs of the primary graphic card for the frontside outside views.

Jan

OmniAtlas
10-23-2013, 04:50 AM
Apparently you can create a 179 FOV view with prepar3d -- Camera Configuration (http://www.prepar3d.com/sdk/Core%20Utilities%20Kit/Camera%20Configuration/Camera%20Configuration.htm)

(someone has told me you have to edit an xml file -- has anyone tried this?)

I am not using surround view (only one window on my 1080p TV) so perhaps this is why the FOV hack does not work.

OmniAtlas
10-23-2013, 04:52 AM
Here we go:

<tbody>
ObserverVerticalFOV
float
1.0 to 179.0
Default: 45.0

For Observer-based cameras, the vertical field-of-view, in degrees. If ObserverHorizontalFOV is not specified, the horizontal field-of-view will be automatically calculated based on the display aspect ratio.
No examples.

</tbody>

OmniAtlas
10-23-2013, 07:20 AM
There is also a ObservorHorizontalFOV

A320 copilot
10-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Where this, in fsx or prepar3D ?!!!!!

OmniAtlas
10-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Click on the link

A320 copilot