PDA

View Full Version : Realisation of “Switching Display Units” in Boeing Glas Cockpit

andy85
10-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Hallo,

I read a lot in this forum and now I have also a problem and hope that someone of you can give me the necessary information to solve it.

I will realise the display switching like in the real aircarft (Main Panel: Norm, Outbd PFD; Inbd: Eng Pri, PFD, MFD; Lower DU: ND, Norm, Eng Pri).
Therefor I have found the offset 0x04F4 and the values 600+, 610+, 620+ and 630+ in the PM offset list. I read that I have to use the F6 page Expanded.

My problem: I jump to page F6 (pressing F6 on the keyboard, it displays ND, PFD and Eng Pri) and then pressing ESC to open the menu. I click on “F6 Expanded” and just in that moment all the displays I saw before (PFD, ND, Eng Pri) on the display have gone. I just have a black screen. Now I tried to write values 600 – 639 to the offset 0x04F4 but nothing happens.

My questions:
What I have to do to get the display switching working?
What exactly is to do in the Glas Cockpit settings (What is the F6 Expanded page in detail/what is different when I activate/deactivate it?)?

Hopefully someone of you have already realised this function and can give me an answer to one or more of my questions. I think, this forum would be the only public place I could get help beside from PM.

Thanks,
Andy.

-----------
My system:
- 3 pcs with PM Boeing Glas Cockpit (latest build, WinXP)
- 1 pc with PM MCP, CDU, pmSystems (latest build, WinXP)
- 1pc for FS9 (Windows Vista)

andy85
10-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Hallo again,

in the meanwhile I got an answer to my ticket from projectmagenta. Here is the comment of them:

This is a complex area re the offset allocations and switching. The offsets are listed in the main PM documentation offset listings. I would personally only use the F6 page *if* there is a really important requirement to have those switches working. It is far better to use the normal GC pages. This area of DU switching and failures of DU;s only comes up in a 737 type rating, unless you are doing that type of practise I am not sure why you would require that. If you do, and so desire – then the information is listed in the docs.

Does anybody think this answer is acceptable? I wrote the same questions then in my post above: How to use the offsets correct and what the reason for black screens on the F6 page could be. For me it is more or less a brashness - or do I overreact?

So, hopefully someone can help me to realise the display unit switching. I will not do a type rating but: I have the switches on my panel, the software of projectmagenta can realise that (according to their documentations) - so why not realising that feature?

Thanks a lot,
Andy.

airplane91
10-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Type ESC on F6 page then click on RESET POSITION normaly all screens will be displayed
Jacques