PDA

View Full Version : raspberry pi

chelseaboy
07-25-2013, 12:28 AM
Has anyone started using a raspberry pi pc with flight sim, cant seem find much flight sim use on the web.

OmniAtlas
07-25-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm much more interested in these 'usb computers' popping up now which you can just plug into your TV/LCD. Imagine running your panel clients on these :)

GodAtum
07-25-2013, 08:41 AM
I know Ive been thinking about using the pi in my home cockpit, one for each panel, MCp, FMC etc. If Sim Avionics could support Linux that'll be awesome as it's compeltely overkill to have a whole Windows PC running 1 FMC!

fordgt40
07-25-2013, 10:20 AM
it's compeltely overkill to have a whole Windows PC running 1 FMC!

You can run the whole MIP inc lower DU and both FMC`s on one good I7 PC with Sim-avionics. Just use each graphics card output (assuming it has more than one). Three graphics cards will do it all

David

GodAtum
07-25-2013, 11:58 AM
To me is seems much more cleaner to to it with pi's rather than have a PC with 3 GPUs.

OmniAtlas
07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
You can run the whole MIP inc lower DU and both FMC`s on one good I7 PC with Sim-avionics. Just use each graphics card output (assuming it has more than one). Three graphics cards will do it all

David

Or one video card with 4 outputs...my Nvidia 660Ti has that.

The other option is to use a dual port hdmi adapter -- ZOTAC DisplayPort to Dual HDMI Adaptor [ZT-DP2HD] (http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-displayport-to-dual-hdmi-adaptor.html)

fordgt40
07-25-2013, 12:18 PM
To me is seems much more cleaner to to it with pi's rather than have a PC with 3 GPUs.

But can you do it with Pi`s?

OmniAtlas
07-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Whats the most affordable PC you can buy these days that can run Windows? The other option is to use a client computer and run everything remotely, but can the graphics (lets say for a PFD, ND and EICAS screen) keep up?