PDA

View Full Version : New "hangar"

davjones
07-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I think I mentioned here before that my 737-300 project is pretty much on hold until I have suitable housing for it. Been a long time coming with various delays and a lot indecision on our part, but now we have this much...

Overhead door not in yet, hopefully that will be tomorrow. 20 x 25 x 9 (at the eaves, 11 at the peak) Then it has to have another termite treatment (yes, the county really does require treatment to protect my steel building and concrete slab/foundation against termites!), then final inspection. Finally I can concern myself with insulation, electrical and A/C. One of these days maybe I can get around to working on the simulator!

Should be a good home for my project....

...Dave

Dave Jones
Fort McCoy, Florida USA

Efe Cem Elci
07-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Looks great from outside. How much of it are you allowed to occupy for many years while spending loads of time and money on your "hobby"?

davjones
07-10-2013, 06:56 PM
All of it, with the exception of some overhead shelving over a small portion of it for storing overflow household goods. Not the part where the front of the airplane will be, however. :smile:

...Dave

Dave Jones
Fort McCoy, Florida USA

Geremy Britton
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM
This is a very good start :)

davjones
07-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks, Geremy. Wish I had a plan for making a 737-300, or even a -200, simulator that looks as promising as the building though.

...Dave

davemuir
07-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi Dave
your work shop looks great for your sim build .
I have done the same but my shed is 8 feet by 8 feet in size nothing as
big as yours.
i would just like to say that when I was building my sim I decided to build around as I'm flying on line , I started with a basic hand built mip ,throttle and yokes ,all I did was to mount a laptop on top of the mip untill I purchased 3 monitors for the outside view ,doing it this way means that you don't loose any interest in the sim build .
i have attached a wee picture of my build
best regards
dave