PDA

View Full Version : TWIN OTTER 400 (glass cockpit)

manhattan
07-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Hi Folks.

I started with a Twin Otter 300 several years ago, and have decided to go back to this aircraft but the 400 has a glass cockpit and I am not familiar with the layout! Photographs on the net, are either incomplete, or not very clear. I really need to see the switch panels etc, and their function so that I can build more accurately. I also need to see more clearly what gauges etc are placed on the monitors.

I guess that this could be a tall order, but does anyone know how I can get hold of a manual, or tech drawings for the cockpit of this aircraft - or anything that will show the configuration of the cockpit with indication of switch function?
:neutral:
Here's hoping

TONY Plymouth UK

diegocn
08-26-2013, 12:42 AM
manhattan (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php?u=2719) I thinking on starting a Twin Otter too. Do you have any shell/cockpit more precise dimensions?

The glass cockpit used in the 400 is so much "integrated" with so much buttons and rotative encoders, I prefer to use a simpler glass-cockpit even if that means getting a bit different from the original aircraft.

Anyway, work and luck :)