PDA

View Full Version : Networking Two PCs to run FSX, Aerosystems Avionics

murdoughnut
06-23-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm experimenting with using two PCs to run FSX and the Aerosystems Australia 737 avionics software. I have FSX on my laptop at the lowest settings to get to run smoothly for trial purposes (which it does). I have the avionics software installed as the only software on a dual core PC with standard features. I have the two computers linked together with a crossover cable.

When I run FSX and the default 737 the avionics suite works on the other computer, but has significant lag/latency. While the FSX software runs smoothly, the avionics does not, and is slightly choppy. Aside from that, it lags the airplane in FSX by about 2-3 seconds (it takes about that long for the avionics to show airspeed or altitude consistent with the FSX software.

I have pretty much no networking knowledge. Any idea why I can't get the avionics on computer #2 to sync up with FSX and run as smoothly?

dodiano
06-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Have you asked the guys from Aerosystems Avionics? Probably there is something missing there!

ohsirus
06-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Might need to check your Firewall, add an exception if needed.

murdoughnut
06-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Have you asked the guys from Aerosystems Avionics? Probably there is something missing there!

Yeah I thought I would ask here first and save the guy who operates the software the trouble. Particularly if it was some easy to understand thing that I just don't get because I know nothing of networking.

davemuir
06-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi
i had the same problem mate don't use a cross over cable
its best to use a network switch I have a net gear one all you do is plug in all your ethernet leads in the front and a lead to your broadband box
then make sure the avionics has the same IP address as the server easy
cheers
dave