PDA

View Full Version : Please gents, need help to make my FDS CDU work with PM

mgamba
06-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi everyone.

I need your help for PM CDU.

I have a brand new FDS CDU which is connected to the same PC as PM CDU, on a second screen from the video card, dedicated to the CDU itself.
The resolution for this screen is set at 800x600 with 75 Hz.

Within the FDS controller eveything works fine : the screen and all the keys.
In the FDS configuration I choosed "Project Magenta Boeing CDU/FMS" and "Captain".

I changed the PM CDU.ini file with the setting "FULL=On" that should give me a full screen display, without the frame.

But it doesn't work : in the FDS CDU screen the PM CDU stil has its frame and is not displayed in full screen.
Its the same if I pull the CDU display to the main screen.
Sometimes I find that the CDU.ini file has been backward changed to "FULL=Off" by itself.

Can you please help me to find how to have this PM CDU to be displayed in full screen ?

Thank you and best regards.

Mgamba.

Sean Nixon
06-19-2013, 12:47 PM
When editing the ini file, make sure it's not being used, otherwise any changes you make are not saved.

Other than that, I have the same setup as you and I got it working without too much trouble, so you will too. Don't worry that it won't work. I set mine up a while ago and I cant remember the exact process, but I can try later in the week if you are still having difficulties.

Sean

mgamba
06-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Thank you Sean,

in fact it was solved using a key combination to toggle full screen mode once the PM CDU was on the right screen.
The key combination is ALT~F.

I found it on a faq on PM's site, not in the user guide ...