PDA

View Full Version : OC usb expension and 2nd 3rd MC inputs late in sioc monitor?

AndyCYXU
05-12-2013, 10:43 AM
For people with multi mastercards and USB expansion cards a question.

I have currently 3 master cards hooked to USB expansion cards but when i initially run SIOC Monitor to check switches etc... only the 1st master cards shows inputs currently ON (green) 2nd and 3rd mastercards show initially all inputs OFF (white) i actually have to flip switch that was ON to OFF then back to ON for it to show ON or turn the rotary switch for example.. after that everything works great but the initial start up shows all being off for second and third mastercard...

if for example i connect 3rd mastercard to 1st input on usb expansion card it gets recognized right away position of switches on or off so its not the wiring problem... then again cards connected to 2nd and 3rd show initially OFF... :roll:

main problem with it is that SIOC when run after fsx starts will move all switches to OFF on the panel in FSX for the given switch controlled by cards 2 and 3...

not sure what the issue could be any help is appriciated

Thanks
Andy

AndyCYXU
05-12-2013, 11:05 AM
update..

if i start SIOC then go to SIOC monitor then choose my USB expansion card as explained above all inputs are OFF on mastercard 2 and 3 but i just noticed with sioc monitor running if i unhook and hook back up card 2 and 3 poof all INPUTS are recognized for the state they are in ON or OFF etc....
faster way then flipping each switch back to off and on etc.. still doesn't seem wright.. :(

kiek
05-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi Andy,

I have 4 Master Cards on one usb expansion card and 2 on another. SIOC Monitor is indicating switch positions at every MC.

However, in my cockpit I have some inputs (just a random few) that at start up (only) do not pass their (closed) value to SIOC. But for me that's not a big problem because my lekseecon program forces all switches in the sim (767) to the positions of the real switches in my cockpit.

regards,
Nico
Nico Kaan's Boeing 767 Flight Simulator with Opencockpits SIOC and lekseecon (http://www.lekseecon.nl)

fordgt40
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Andy

I believe what you are describing is a known "issue", though I thought it only applies to a few switches. I recall in the mists of time that if you force a reset of the expansion card (sw1) then sioc will reread correctly all switches etc. If this is correct (I do not guarantee this!!!) then you could wire one of your switches to this jumper and give it a try.

David

AndyCYXU
05-12-2013, 02:02 PM
ok so i found the jumper.. but how do i go about doing it.. ?

with card plugged into USB..? unplugged...? the sw1 is a 3 pin so i am not even sure which ones to "short/connect"...

reset microchip that sound scary... i hope i don't have to program them after... :shock: thats way beyond my pay-grade !!! :eek:

i sent email to OC see what they say also... google found nothing on this :(

no mention in manual other then • SW1 = Microchip reset (not used habitually). that's it...

EDITED
ok NVM i shorted it just made a DING-DONG of USB disconnect then I removed jumper few seconds later and just went back ding-dong and nothing no change :(

fordgt40
05-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Andy

That is a shame - I suspect that the original post describing this fix may have disappeared when OC changed their forum, will look for you anyway. Does anyone else on this forum know if there is a fix??

David

fordgt40
05-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Andy

The fix is, I believe, to reset the mastercard power supply. Apologies for the incorrect statement about the USBExpansion card - hope all is well :(

The historic OC forum data is still there. See this link

Opencockpits :: Topic: problems with inputs (2/4) (http://www.opencockpits.com/index.php/en/forum/hardware-electronics-etc/3486-problems-with-inputs?start=6#12762)

David

Perik
05-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Hello,

Never tried the mod though this seems to be another solution:
Amlioration Master (http://www.simubaron.fr/amelioration_master.htm) - If not mastering French, then be ready for some google translate ;-)

Nice if Manolo Vélez is able to fix either the PIC code or do some smart
"moves" in SIOC.

fordgt40
05-13-2013, 04:07 AM
Per-Erik

Many thanks for that link. A good solution

Regards

David

Perik
05-13-2013, 10:31 AM
David,

Yes, this should work and maybe even without the resistor.
I can't see an obvious reason for the resistor to GND as the selected
TTL Output is either high or low (No 3-state). I may be wrong though:-)

Just add a wire from the selected Output to pin 1 of U10 after cutting the trace.
Nice if someone could test this modification and report back.... ;)

AndyCYXU
05-13-2013, 11:25 AM
thanks guys i will read through that so far just FYI Opencockpits responded that "its a SIOC bug and we try to fix it, but its hard to find", anyhow i give it a try read through the links you posted thanks

Andy

Opencockpits
06-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Hello people.
The problem was solved, Opencockpits has two new solutions for these problems:
1. New USB Expansion firmware available in the shop.
2. New Sioc 4.4b1 version.
With all known bugs resolved and a new feature: up to 400 programmable keys in keyboard emulator.
Regards,

AndyCYXU
06-04-2013, 05:07 PM
great news thank you
i will check it out later just wondering is there some info on updating firmware.. i am assuming it might mean updating the chip on usb expansion card... never done nothing like that if that is even what it means :)

thanks

Andy

fordgt40
06-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Andy

The simplest way is to buy the latest chip from OC, its only 7 euros + postage. Then you prise out the existing chip from its socket in the expansion board and push in the new one. You might need to straighten the pins on the new one first. If you decide to go this route and need more advice on receipt of the new chip then post here again

Edit: here is a link showing how to remove and reinsert a chip

Inserting / Removing an EPROM to / from socket - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eylpQ1wUmlY)

David

AndyCYXU
06-04-2013, 05:28 PM
ok yes i just look good thing it isn't solder on but in the socket like you say, cool,
Thanks
Andy

Perik
06-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Hello guys.

I just updated my Expansion board, though not tested for the bug fixes yet.

The chip (16C745) is OTP (One Time Programmable) so not possible to re-flash.
You’ll get the chip for ~$3 at Mouser or may find it on Ebay/Aliexpress at good
prices as well. Add a JDM programmer ($10-$15) and you are ready to go.

If this is a single instance replacement/programming of a PIC, then better buy from OC.

kiek
06-05-2013, 05:21 AM
I've ordered two. Will let you know if it helps...

kiek
06-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi,
I received two VERSION 2 USB Expansion Microcontrollers (http://www.opencockpits.com/catalog/microcontroller-expansion-p-67.html). This together with SIOC version 4.4b1 did the job!

No more missed (closed) inputs in my sim at start-up of SIOC (and lekseecon).

Regards,
Nico

fordgt40
06-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Many thanks Nico

David

iwik
06-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks Nico.
Les

Opencockpits
06-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Thanks Nico.

BABA767
06-28-2013, 07:52 AM
I've a just PIC programmer and a spare PIC16C745...is possible get the last microcontroller firmware V2? will be fine..:cool:
kind regard!
V.

Opencockpits
06-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Hello people: here is the link to the new code: http://opencockpits.com/index.php/es/descargas?task=callelement&format=raw&item_id=47&element=f85c494b-2b32-4109-b8c1-083cca2b7db6&method=download&args[0]=db84403a06151eaae009421c25477717
Regards,

BABA767
06-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Thaaaaaanks:D

Opencockpits
06-28-2013, 10:07 AM
You are welcome.

AndyCYXU
07-15-2013, 01:35 PM
FYI just installing new sioc solved a lot of problems already with inputs not being recognized so that's great! I will be getting the microcontroler later on as well once i fill my cart with some extra stuff to justify the shipping cost lol

Andy

prinwibowo
10-31-2013, 01:41 AM
Hello everyone

I'm building my own IOCard. and I wanna interface with SIOC from opencockpit later. I have been learning how to communicate with SIOC server and successed (in log box written "IOCP Client connected" and clients connected label shows counter-up). I think my client connected and ready to communicate each other. but my problem is how to build communication between my own IOCard to SIOC server thru SIOC client I made (replace opencockpit's one). the tutorials discussing on this is hard to find out. any friend tried this, pls share me?

thank you
best regard

prinwibowo
10-31-2013, 02:02 AM
Hello everyone

I'm building my own IOCard. and I wanna interface with SIOC from opencockpit later. I have been learning how to communicate with SIOC server and successed (in log box written "IOCP Client connected" and clients connected label shows counter-up). I think my client connected and ready to communicate each other. but my problem is how to build communication between my own IOCard to SIOC server thru SIOC client I made (replace opencockpit's one). the tutorials discussing on this is hard to find out. any friend tried this, pls share me?

thank you
best regard

kiek
10-31-2013, 03:48 AM
Hi,
If you want to communicate with the SIOC server you have to use the IOCP protocol (http://www.lekseecon.nl/iocpclient.html).

Regards,
Nico

prinwibowo
10-31-2013, 04:00 AM
Hi,
If you want to communicate with the SIOC server you have to use the IOCP protocol (http://www.lekseecon.nl/iocpclient.html).

Regards,
Nico

thank you kiek for your response.

Yes, I made it and worked, I have been learning your site a lot. but what parameters I should send to SIOC server, so my own IOCard (not opencockpit product) can work. and How compiled sioc script can detect the value changing?

Opencockpits
10-31-2013, 04:20 AM
Hello.
We do not give that kind of support. That's what the forums where there are people with lots of experience.
But we can tell you that for you to work, you must prepare a script where you define the inputs and outputs you will use the card, and IOCP to define the variables you want to use to communicate with the electronics. So you can manage everything from your client IOCP.

prinwibowo
10-31-2013, 04:49 AM
Hello.
We do not give that kind of support. That's what the forums where there are people with lots of experience.
But we can tell you that for you to work, you must prepare a script where you define the inputs and outputs you will use the card, and IOCP to define the variables you want to use to communicate with the electronics. So you can manage everything from your client IOCP.

thank you OC.

Could you tell me how SIOC console works. I am conducting reverse engineering from the client IOCP. currently, the flow of method I am implementing in my client IOCP is that first time, I read configuration file (extension .ssi) and then poll data incoming from my hardware, my client program will look up the VAR that is configured with the input just received and send it to SIOC with the message: 'Arn.Resp:<var>=<n>"is my above method right? or I need to know what kind of string message (like 'Arn.Inicio','Arn.Res') I should send to the SIOC server. I got the string message from any forum, I tried it but failed.

prinwibowo
10-31-2013, 04:54 AM
Could you tell me how SIOC console works. I am conducting reverse engineering from the client IOCP. currently, the flow of method I am implementing in my client IOCP is that first time, I read configuration file (extension .ssi) and then poll data incoming from my hardware, my client program will look up the VAR that is configured with the input just received and send it to SIOC with the message: 'Arn.Resp:<var>=<n>"is my above method right? or I need to know what kind of string message (like 'Arn.Inicio','Arn.Res') I should send to the SIOC server. I got the string message from any forum, I tried it but failed.